Bundleberry by Amanda Holden TSV 16/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A lot of money to spend on a novelty item, and as other people have pointed out, widely available to buy cheaper elsewhere. They've been popular for a while amongst those who want to buy into the fashion of making their front room look like a nightclub or bar - Not my thing at all, however if you get bored of it, at least it's something you can unplug and shove under the bed or consign to the dustbin. The look I can't stand though is those stick on decals with "inspirational quotes" plastered over painted walls - This is the modern equivalent of that 1990's craze of having a gaudy frieze going around the centre of the wall with bold striped wallpaper underneath it, and a clashing coloured paint above - even worse,a floral or "busy" wallpaper on top. You'd walk into a room decorated like this and feel like you were being swallowed alive. At least these dreadful decals can be peeled off!

I'm with you on that one Merry ! As most know on here, I do a lot of craft fairs, and there are always stall holders who have these 'inspirational' signs (bought in from China) for sale. Like the papered walls you mention (eeeh Gods, what DID they look like), its a fashion fad that will have its day when something else (like neon lights) comes along.

(I've now read in style magazines that window shutters are "so yesterday" and curtains are having a new renaissance ! ha ! ha! I'm still on trend then ! - as I'm hoping my carpets are in the future)

I'm with you on that one Merry ! As most know on here, I do a lot of craft fairs, and there are always stall holders who have these 'inspirational' signs (bought in from China) for sale. Like the papered walls you mention (eeeh Gods, what DID they look like), its a fashion fad that will have its day when something else (like neon lights) comes along.

(I've now read in style magazines that window shutters are "so yesterday" and curtains are having a new renaissance ! ha ! ha! I'm still on trend then ! - as I'm hoping my carpets are in the future)
Well my shutters are not going on a bonfire anytime soon :rolleyes:

This TSV from last year is now on offer at £10.00 less than the original TSV price. I've just ordered the 'On Air' version for my Godson's birthday so hopefully the reviews are accurate as the majority are very good.

This TSV from last year is now on offer at £10.00 less than the original TSV price. I've just ordered the 'On Air' version for my Godson's birthday so hopefully the reviews are accurate as the majority are very good.

I don’t remember them being a TSV but for some reason, I was suddenly really interested in these a few weeks ago! I think they were on when I randomly came upon QVC (I can barely get a decent signal with QVC on Freeview these days so I watch even more rarely than before). You’re right about the reviews. They do look great, too. I was desperately trying to think of where I could put any of them or who would appreciate one as a gift. This is what I’m like - I see something nice and shiny that I like and try to think of a use, whereas I need to be like those people who identify a need for something before they go and look for it!

Anyway, they should have made a much higher proportion of the Bar one because I can see why that would be the most popular. I would definitely have gone for that, especially at this price. The On Air one would be great for a couple of my friends’ kids but quite a bit more than I would spend. No doubt I will still be mulling it over all day!

I don’t remember them being a TSV but for some reason, I was suddenly really interested in these a few weeks ago! I think they were on when I randomly came upon QVC (I can barely get a decent signal with QVC on Freeview these days so I watch even more rarely than before). You’re right about the reviews. They do look great, too. I was desperately trying to think of where I could put any of them or who would appreciate one as a gift. This is what I’m like - I see something nice and shiny that I like and try to think of a use, whereas I need to be like those people who identify a need for something before they go and look for it!

Anyway, they should have made a much higher proportion of the Bar one because I can see why that would be the most popular. I would definitely have gone for that, especially at this price. The On Air one would be great for a couple of my friends’ kids but quite a bit more than I would spend. No doubt I will still be mulling it over all day!
I agree Andi, it's definitely more than what I would call a 'stocking filler' price. I was tempted when it was a TSV to be honest, but I thought it was still too expensive at almost £45.00 so I jumped on it when I saw the clearance price. And yes, IIRC the 'BAR' version sold out very quickly and as far as I know, it never came back into stock.

I think she broke his heart.
From what I can see, they were married for 8 years, which suprised me as I thought it was a lot less. However, he remarried a few years later and they're still together and have a couple of kids, so glad it worked out for him as he seems a decent bloke. Fame hungry Mandy on the other hand, despite my not actually dislking her per se, I most certainly have no desire to line her pockets. She's obviously had shed loads of work done to look the way she does today, she was never bad looking, but I don't think she was anything special to look at. Her 2 daughters are beautiful there's no denying that, so she must have some good looking genes tucked away and of course her now having a good looking hubby would've helped enormously!

I agree Andi, it's definitely more than what I would call a 'stocking filler' price. I was tempted when it was a TSV to be honest, but I thought it was still too expensive at almost £45.00 so I jumped on it when I saw the clearance price. And yes, IIRC the 'BAR' version sold out very quickly and as far as I know, it never came back into stock.
Ah, but it’s your godchild which is different, I think. I buy for three children of friends and we have a sort of unwritten “rule” about limits on spend, otherwise it gets a bit ridiculous. Although it does add up at Christmas, it’s not the money so much as what to get them that stresses me. Your Godson will love it, I’m sure.

I love this. Where do you hide the wires?
Nowhere. Just cut them off ⚡⚡:LOL::LOL:

CC (that was a joke btw. Do not cut them off).
I like the way they strategically place a plant to conceal the cable on the end. It’s effective, though, if you can arrange it like that at home.

4479ABB0-74B6-4DB6-AD2D-28D52A2FF409.jpeg
2A3855F9-EB5F-4ED6-99D9-A7CFDBC17D25.jpeg

They are lovely though, and quite big for the money (about 45cm wide). Only downside is you don’t have the option of standing them on a surface like the Bundleberry ones. I’m still thinking of getting one of those but might invest in a couple from Dunelm as gifts for those kids I mentioned. Thanks so much, CC. Love this forum!

Latest posts

Back