Buy very similar in Primark and fraction of price...really lovely

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

there was a nour tsv a few months ago and i saw this younf girl wearing it. i said did you buy that from qvc she said no primark...

I suspect Primark look at popular designs, go to the same factories and ask for it at the cheapest possible price. There will be some slight difference so as not to breach copyright.

They`ve just refurbished my local Primark and whereas before it often resembled a jumble sale, it now competes in looks with other stores and I noticed they had a lovely selection of costume jewellery.

We don't know if that note is a hoax ....and many products we buy are made in these places ....like anything in life their is always a bad apple,in the bunch ....it does not mean the everything is made in these conditions ...if imam find evidence of it I will not buy it .....

We don't know if that note is a hoax ....and many products we buy are made in these places ....like anything in life their is always a bad apple,in the bunch ....it does not mean the everything is made in these conditions ...if imam find evidence of it I will not buy it .....

I mean there ....

Ah but Primark have been caught out in a few different documentaries for sweat shop conditions and children working there.

But if people want to buy that is up to them.

I can't see how things can be retailed so cheaply without exploiting the workers... though I acknowledge that some ery pricey goods may well be made by the same exploited workers.

Even high end retailers get their stuff made in Bangkok, India, China etc and just because the items are more expensive to buy in this Country doesn`t mean the foreign workers get better paid. An Indian factory could be manufacturing for several high street stores at the same time and even for supposed exclusive brands, all made in the same place by the same workers.

Ah but Primark have been caught out in a few different documentaries for sweat shop conditions and children working there.

But if people want to buy that is up to them.

Yes i know ....and it's probably been going on for years...it's the media deciding to report it ......it's very wrong for sure ....but it's not new .....

Fiorelli Costume Statement Flower 40cm Necklace

I saw yesterday in Primark ...a necklace almost identical ....and fraction of price ....it's gorgeous.... if you don't want to pay qvc price ...check it out ...sorry i have no pic of Primark one ....but here is qvc one to give you idea...

http://www.qvcuk.com/Fiorelli-Costu...tml?sc=ESPOT&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-16-_-623227

Thanks, May. They also have a very similar style of necklace in Wallis for about £15 (I think). OK, the quality in these shops may not be as good but I don't like spending more than I need to on fashion (as opposed to classic) jewellery that will be outmoded in a season or two, or I'll get fed up of wearing quite quickly, and therefore doesn't need to last me years.

Having said that, £45 for the QVC necklace in the photo you linked to is not bad compared to what they charge at Stella & Dot, where it would be £100-£200.

Did anyone catch any of the Bill Skinner jewellery?

It was really gorgeous, now if they had done the Bee charm bracelet in white metal I would have bought. The guy talking about his father hand carving each design's template and the detail was fantastic.

Latest posts

Back