Bye bye Claire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Although she wasn’t one of my favourite presenters (I actually haven’t got one) as she’s been there for 22 years, I think it’s a shame that her departure was so low key because of the lockdown. She mentioned that she couldn’t even give her friends a hug goodbye.

There are a few presenters that I find difficult to watch because of their loud voices, “I love me” attitudes and those who waffle on about things that are nothing to do with the item that they are presenting, but I doubt any of those will leave to pursue other things, like writing novels for example.

Could be that there are cutbacks because QVC, like other companies, aren't immune from the economic climate, so perhaps voluntary redundancy was on the table, with good packages offered, and particularly so if she's been there 22 years, so good luck to her.

We know over the years certain presenters will jump in quickly if someone is ill and willing to do the extra hours if asked. Like all workplaces, it is a fact they will be the ones kept on when cuts are made the bosses know they are reliable. A friend complaints about a coworker getting offered all the overtime, I pointed out she has turned down over time a number of times but the coworker never has so she is the one offered it first.

Although she wasn’t one of my favourite presenters (I actually haven’t got one) as she’s been there for 22 years, I think it’s a shame that her departure was so low key because of the lockdown. She mentioned that she couldn’t even give her friends a hug goodbye.

There are a few presenters that I find difficult to watch because of their loud voices, “I love me” attitudes and those who waffle on about things that are nothing to do with the item that they are presenting, but I doubt any of those will leave to pursue other things, like writing novels for example.
Was it her last day today?

To be honest I wouldn`t miss any of them. I`d never wish them ill but they`re just sales people to me and much as I wouldn`t bother if the girl in my local shoe shop or any other shop left, then it makes no odds to me who tries flogging the tat on QVC. I never read their blogs nor take much notice of the garbage they babble on about and QVC is a much better watch when the volume is muted !
She may be leaving of her own free will or it may be a case of jump before being pushed, I guess she`ll either go on to do other things or simply fade away into her family life. Good luck to her whichever it may be.

I could’ve wrote that Vienna I feel exactly the same. I haven’t watched QVC for ages I just channel hop now and again and even that’s less and less lately. Yes they’re shop assistants to me too and I wouldn’t miss any of the presenters just like I wouldn’t miss the shop assistant from our supermarket.

I think it could be Claire's own choice to leave. She has
got a young man with Down Syndrome and just maybe
the older he gets the more demanding he gets, I hope
it is not the case with Claire. I think she is a devoted Mother
and wish her nothing but good luck.
I do like Claire,I know she goes on a bit but they all do. She is a lovely Mother it can’t be easy caring for her son Tom and her other children While working. Good luck to her I will miss her.
just wish it was some of the other annoying presenters??

Good luck to her and best wishes to her family. Her mannerisms drove me mad, the silly voice and being annoying, but then hey, so am I :oops:

Mr CC will miss the breast fests . . . . . :LOL:

CC

Tell Mr CC he’s still got Chuntleys who make a regular guest appearance, but on the days when they don’t, tune in to QVC any time and you’ll always see a tit.

I think it could be Claire's own choice to leave. She has
got a young man with Down Syndrome and just maybe
the older he gets the more demanding he gets, I hope
it is not the case with Claire. I think she is a devoted Mother
and wish her nothing but good luck.
I haven't watched QVC in years, but I do remember Claire. She was always professional, not too pushy, and did not treat the viewers like idiots, telling us that she has everything she sells, at home. Derogatory comments about calling her mum 'mummy' are inappropriate, imo. That is her choice and, just because she is on air, why should she use another term?
Claire has a lovely family and, I agree, she is devoted to her children. I used to get the impression, from things she said that, although Tom needed a lot of her attention, she never wanted Maddie - is that her name? -to suffer for it. Checking her blog over the years, he has grown into a mature, independent young man, who has made his mum and dad proud. As they are of both of their children.
My best wishes to her, Dan, and the kids.
btw, I do not believe for one second, that QVC have fired her. As one of the safer, longer lasting, presenters, she provided the channel with a hint of respect, and enhanced it's reputation. It would be professional suicide, if it got rid of one of it's assets.

There’s no question that it was her own choice. If QVC had fired her, she‘d have just disappeared and never been mentioned again. And she must be very highly thought of, or they’d never have sacrificed five minutes of airtime to allow her to say her goodbyes.

I remember a few years ago there was some video/social media thing where the presenters were asked to name their heroes or inspirations, and Chloe picked Claire Sutton, saying that she was an angel, which I thought was nice.

So good on her. It can‘t be easy to give up a well-paid job you enjoy with people you like after 22 years. She wasn‘t one of my favourite presenters but she seems a good soul who feels things deeply, and her family are lucky to have her.

I never had a problem with her calling her mother mummy, I know load who do the same.

There are several I would like to see go before her so I wish her well.

Thats a shame but, if its her choice, then good luck to her. As has been said there are others I would have preferred to have gone. Top of my list would probably be Jill Franks, followed by Kathy Taylor.

i vote Chunts.

I found CS really hard to watch. The 'voice ' was patronising & not her day to day voice. Her presenting style embodied that of a reception style teacher. I won't miss her & the boastful 'blogs'.
Plenty of Mothers have demanding jobs & children. If Tom (?) was so demanding then I'm surprised she chose to have child number 3.

Latest posts

Back