Calling Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thankfully I doubt we will be hearing Mr James joke about shutting up women with a sleeping aid anytime soon and i'm certain he won't say he likes to get something hot inside him.

And I can't see him pushing Lisa Brash onto a bed and climbing on top of her.

Come back, James, all is forgiven!

Morning guys.

well it's off to see a personal shopper for me! Didn't realise quite how scruffy I looked so will endeavour to look better.

The shop in Chipping Norton is called, wonderfully, FrankieDoodle.

Don't do it on my account, you look fine to me!!!! ..and I like that fact you're not crude and aggressive like some of your colleagues. I dunno how you put up with some of them if their screen personas are anything to go by!

And I can't see him pushing Lisa Brash onto a bed and climbing on top of her.

Come back, James, all is forgiven!

Oh God no! Fair play to the lad, he's always well turned out, well groomed and looks as if he has standards. i still can't abide him, but credit where it's due.

and Hilary has just summed it up,we always give credit where it's due and James improved in leaps and bounds to become a classy (ish) respectable and impeccably groomed presenter, he was a pleasure to watch when he dropped al the BS, I'm looking forward to seeing him back

Peter Sherlock goes a bit OTT with the fake surprise and stuff but he's never crude or offensive like Peter Simon who is just revolting

I don't know how James and Peter Sherlock put up with the behaviour of some of the other presenters, they both seem quite gentlemanly to me

and Hilary has just summed it up,we always give credit where it's due and James improved in leaps and bounds to become a classy (ish) respectable and impeccably groomed presenter, he was a pleasure to watch when he dropped al the BS, I'm looking forward to seeing him back

Peter Sherlock goes a bit OTT with the fake surprise and stuff but he's never crude or offensive like Peter Simon who is just revolting

I don't know how James and Peter Sherlock put up with the behaviour of some of the other presenters, they both seem quite gentlemanly to me

I think different presenters target their pitches to a specific demographic that suits their own personality and background.

I think it's fair to say that Peter Simon and Mike Mason are somewhat downmarket, often crude, holiday camp type presenters and just aim for the lowest common denominator. It's an audience they might feel more comfortable with as that's probably the type of people they are too.

Nothing wrong with that I guess but I would much rather watch James Russell or Andy Hodgson (and when he isn't doing the silly, shocked stuff Peter Sherlock too) as I identify more with them.

Last edited:
I think different presenters target their pitches to a specific demographic that suits their own personality and background.

I think it's fair to say that Peter Simon and Mike Mason are somewhat downmarket, often crude, holiday camp type presenters and just aim for the lowest common denominator. It's an audience they might feel more comfortable with as that's probably the type of people they are too.

Nothing wrong with that I guess but I would much rather watch James Russell or Andy Hodgson (and when he isn't doing the silly, shocked stuff Peter Sherlock too) as I identify more with them.

Peter Simon just turns my stomach, if he's not slurping, dribbling, or blowing snot bubbles down his nose, he's talking about bodily functions. I get the impression he thinks he's a cut above the rest 'cause he's been on mainstream telly before....He's an absolute to$$er!

Mike Mason....would probably be a pretty good presenter if he adopted a less aggressive tone. I almost feel threatened by his sales pitch. Oh and needs to stop telling downright lies to the viewers, if you're going to tell lies, ffs make them convincing, and remember what lies you've told in the past!

Caroline Lyndsay ....revolting woman, totally insincere, another lying bullshi**er

Another vote for James Russell, he dresses smartly, he's polite too

Andy Hodgson,Peter Sherlock, Lisa Brash, and Sally Jacks are my favourite presenters.

Peter Simon just turns my stomach, if he's not slurping, dribbling, or blowing snot bubbles down his nose, he's talking about bodily functions. I get the impression he thinks he's a cut above the rest 'cause he's been on mainstream telly before....He's an absolute to$$er!

Mike Mason....would probably be a pretty good presenter if he adopted a less aggressive tone. I almost feel threatened by his sales pitch. Oh and needs to stop telling downright lies to the viewers, if you're going to tell lies, ffs make them convincing, and remember what lies you've told in the past!

Caroline Lyndsay ....revolting woman, totally insincere, another lying bullshi**er

Another vote for James Russell, he dresses smartly, he's polite too

Andy Hodgson,Peter Sherlock, Lisa Brash, and Sally Jacks are my favourite presenters.

Much my thoughts too Merry.

Mason and Simon could come in handy if MI5 needed to get vital information from someone whose lips were sealed. They could play endless tapes of their shows until their suspect inevitably gave in and begged them to stop.

Nobody has the will to cope with that :grin:

Did Peter Sherlock mention if he had passed on the message to the production team, asking them to invite Dr Cringle and Tommy & Kate to the studio so that we can see them?

Did Peter Sherlock mention if he had passed on the message to the production team, asking them to invite Dr Cringle and Tommy & Kate to the studio so that we can see them?

Quite Hillary, I doubt there's much chance of a piece on the history of Laurelle of Essex... erm sorry London either :grin:

Well I just did a web check challenge as Perfume Peter encourages us to do and while he was selling Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes 30 mls for £11.99 + P&P + phone call, I found it on Fragrance Direct for £7.99 + £1.99 P&P, also on ebay for £9.99 with free P&P plus a few others that were cheaper. Sorry Pete, you failed on this one!

Well I just did a web check challenge as Perfume Peter encourages us to do and while he was selling Elizabeth Taylor's Violet Eyes 30 mls for £11.99 + P&P + phone call, I found it on Fragrance Direct for £7.99 + £1.99 P&P, also on ebay for £9.99 with free P&P plus a few others that were cheaper. Sorry Pete, you failed on this one!

Crikey his is double the price and more, you'd think he'd have kept his mouth shut.

I don't think he wins many times on any popular fragrances with the likes of cheapsmells and fragrance direct etc. I think that's why they had this brainwave that he would be 'perfume man' to set up his unheard of smellies so you can't compare.

That Marrussia perfume that they flog was on Amazon for about 12 quid Inc p&p

The Lierac they are flogging at the moment is on Amazon for 13.99 Inc pp.they are selling it for 7.99 plus the usuals. Dirty Peter said if you'd got it for 50 quid it would be a bargain. Don't think so.

that's exactly what I thought Fred when he said to get it for 50 quid you'd be doing well........total and utter bulls**t

Latest posts

Back