Can Alison Keenan not keep quiet for a minute?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 22840

Guest Shopper
I like Alison, but I wish she would calm down. She just never, ever, stops to catch her breath.

I agree. She's pleasant, elegant and professional but she speaks so fast that I can't concentrate on what she's saying now let alone remember what she's said. I think it's a nervous on-screen habit because if she spoke to friends or colleagues as fast, someone would surely pull her up on it. I know I would. Slow down, Alison. You'd do just fine at 45rpm instead of 78.

But generally these days, so many people on the box gabble. And so much of what they're gabbling about is repetitive rubbish.

A few weeks before Christmas and watching IW, Genevieve was the same - gabbling away at 19 to the dozen and it was becoming unintelligible to hear her. There was a Studio line for emails, so I shot one off telling her to 'calm down and speak slower'. To her credit after the next break, she read out my email ! -- "I have received an email from Linda, telling me to speak slower" she laughed and admitted she was always being told that, and for the rest of the show she did speak more measuredly. A shame QVC don't have that same facility - perhaps its too dangerous 😂 as they'd get too many complaints.

You never know how people behave behind closed doors. She might be quiet and reflective when she's off air. It's a possibility. Some bright and seemingly lovely people, are monsters when they close their front doors.

Indeed they are.

I could probably cope with the runaway train speed of her gab but I turn over the moment I see her these days as I have no wish to hear any more 'my family' talk from her.

That handbag guest she was on with last night was a switch off for me.
She was constantly giggling like a silly schoolgirl, she was the same last week when on with Charlie.

What with AK talking at the speed of light, and her giggling along non stop...... 😒

I have to switch off ... it’s like she can’t get enough words in and is desperate ... I don’t anybody who speaks as fast as that lol ... my post menopause brain wouldn’t allow it ... I get my words in fuddle as it is 😆
Yes, that's the word for it: desperate. But why? I know that maybe she thinks time is short, but desperation and wild gabbling are to be pitied, they won't get me shopping!

I’m sure she is a lovely woman in her personal life and she does seem to give support to Q customers who have battled the big C, but dear god she is hard to listen to.
Yea she has had her challenges for sure but . .. I wish one of her family would be kind and advise her to slow down ..

Latest posts

Back