Can Alison Keenan not keep quiet for a minute?

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As for her giving support to those suffering from Cancer - erm, she is not the only one, she just happens to be full of herself and a minor celebrity.

What amazes me even more is that when able, she continues to expose her skin to cancer via the sun. Because she had a different kind of cancer i.e. source, does not mean you cannot get a different site in the future. I am absolutely bowled over by the fact that she continues to sunbathe even with protection.

RANT OVER.

Yea she has had her challenges for sure but . .. I wish one of her family would be kind and advise her to slow down ..
Maybe they all talk really quickly & have competitions to see who can say the most in a minute without repetition, stumbling or spitting. Her husband has a Country & Western band so it might be listening to him practising the banjo that prompts her to talk so quickly! I haven't watched the Q in ages so I'm going to find a clip & listen but not watch, which always gives me a better idea of what someone sounds like. Does she really talk faster than any of the other tat peddlers?

Maybe they all talk really quickly & have competitions to see who can say the most in a minute without repetition, stumbling or spitting. Her husband has a Country & Western band so it might be listening to him practising the banjo that prompts her to talk so quickly! I haven't watched the Q in ages so I'm going to find a clip & listen but not watch, which always gives me a better idea of what someone sounds like. Does she really talk faster than any of the other tat peddlers?
She could probably work as an American livestock auctioneer she talks that fast!

Here's an idea: if they are rushing to get all the products in that are supposed to be in the "hour", and promote at least one unrelated product... how about they strictly enforce presenter and guest talking only about the products? That would probably allow them to squeeze in more products even than they planned!
Less self-promotion, irrelevant waffling about family, less ego-stroking, less iPad doodling. Job done! That will leave them enough time to slow the verbal diarrhoea and get in all the relevant product information. I won't hold my breath!!

As for her giving support to those suffering from Cancer - erm, she is not the only one, she just happens to be full of herself and a minor celebrity.

What amazes me even more is that when able, she continues to expose her skin to cancer via the sun. Because she had a different kind of cancer i.e. source, does not mean you cannot get a different site in the future. I am absolutely bowled over by the fact that she continues to sunbathe even with protection.

RANT OVER.

Yes I’ve said the same in the past, she’s dodged a bullet once then goes and puts herself in the line of fire again, and in Summer she looks like she’s forgot to turn the chip pan off.

I have noticed IW are selling Kuhn Rikon. Have we noticed a lot of companies no longer appear on Q who were regulars over the years. Also the Venetian fragrance company no longer appear, but there are so many who have gone. I always enjoyed Gianetta from Veronese, but we don’t see her now. I also think this was before covid!

I wonder why this is. Does IW offer better terms, more exposure or just want more stock, or is QVC limiting its brands and getting rid of the slow sellers? Or is QVC struggling to sell their stuff with its ridiculous postage etc? If so, when are they going to wise up to the fact that other businesses offer better service so stop try telling us their service is the best. It's not long since QVC were poaching brands from IW, never to be seen again.

I really like Alison, she is warm and genuine. I didn't really like Chloe E, but have warmed to her after the Elemis show last night.
Yes I really like Alison. I think she's genuine and articulate.

CE is a bit brash for my taste - what happened in the Elemis show?

I have noticed IW are selling Kuhn Rikon. Have we noticed a lot of companies no longer appear on Q who were regulars over the years. Also the Venetian fragrance company no longer appear, but there are so many who have gone. I always enjoyed Gianetta from Veronese, but we don’t see her now. I also think this was before covid!
Ginetta disappeared, along with the brand, a few years ago. I enjoyed her shows a lot.
There have been a number of excellent and quirky jewellery guests who have fallen by the wayside, sadly. I don't buy jewellery very often, but the shows used to be great to watch.
Mehmet from Ottoman
Suarti
Dominique Dinouart from Taxco
There was a nice Polish amber guest
Livia from one of the other Italian jewellery brands
To a still does her eek range sometimes, and I like her stories and she has a lovely voice to listen to
The lovely chap from Aurora, with his beautiful voice
The lady from South Western Silver
The Skagen guest
The late Roberto of RFM
Lots more besides.
I always thought that jewellery, including watches, consistently had the best, most informed and passionate guests.
Of course I like Alison O'Reilly as she manages to do more than hackneyed phrases, and gave us relevant information and jewellery-related anecdotes...and I wish her a speedy return to health.

I am ignoring Michelle Mone, Andrea McLean, Kelly Hoppen, Donna Air and their ilk where it's all about the 💰💰💰

Just caught the first few minutes of the lunchtime show with Chloe and Craig. Am I watching CBeebies? Hurrah it’s WEDNESDAY!! Shouts Craigie waving his arms about. Both dancing about like a couple of kids - what fun! Now the idiot from tweak’d has appeared with a chappie in a bright yellow plastic looking top having his hair washed. Now he’s talking about mom - did you know she’s 83 and has been ill? In case we didn’t know, he’ll tell us again (and again , and again) no doubt he’ll wheel her out in a minute. I’m done, I think I’ll go for a walk in the rain.

I don’t think the Veronese brand hasn’t been seen for years, however, I would tend to say just a couple of years, the others you mentioned I also liked. Being American QVC continually chase the corporate way of doing things, and aiming at the very well healed customer!

Oh and another thing when will they stopusing that awful term “ yeah, yeah, yeah, and yeah again” it is just annoying and wrong to keep doing it, the most guilty is the one, Pipa, wearing the non age appropriate bovver boots this morning, yuck!

Latest posts

Back