Can someone buy shop at bid a calculator?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Now I don't know about you at ome but my maths isn't great but....

bid normal price £99.99
Today's price £69.99
You save £100
eh?
Just to make it even more clear the website normal price is £98.00
http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=5587674&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories

40 minutes in and they still haven't noticed :mysmilie_19:

Now its all gone wrong
Earlex Dust Sheet with Masking Tape
bid normal price £99.99
Now £9.99
is that right? We will have to check that - well no Pete its not as they sell for £15 on the site
http://www.bid.tv/Earlex-Dust-Sheet....aspx?Id=5587979&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories

I guess its just the latest of the "mistakes" so don't worry ASA it won't happen again now slap my wrists and off we go hey ho

Last edited:
They're big on admitting mistakes, when it suits them.

There's some more of these 'mistakes' going to be revealed, soon.

Its back on again now and they still haven't noticed, you really have to wonder what the people in the gallery are doing for 1 hour not to notice such a massive error in pricing
We're not taking a few pounds here they are making out your saving £70.01 more than you are, The item doesn't even cost £100 to start with

Its back on again now and they still haven't noticed, you really have to wonder what the people in the gallery are doing for 1 hour not to notice such a massive error in pricing
We're not taking a few pounds here they are making out your saving £70.01 more than you are, The item doesn't even cost £100 to start with

Anyone might be forgiven for thinking it was deliberate.

But even if it wasn't it clearly demonstrates the level of incompetence on display at that outfit. They are the Frank Spencer of shopping channels, but with considerably less talent.

image.jpg

Anyway, I think it's safe to say they've been busted. Again.

It seems they've now realised their 'mistake', conveniently hours after the initial rush of orders when the ODS was launched.

image.jpg

To say they are obvious is an understatement.

I believe this is a genuine graphics error but they must know about it to cover up the you save section so it begs the question why haven't they done the same to the normal price bit, No defence or excuse if ASA asked that

They are taking the mick now - 24 hours on and its still not been fixed

and yet again the bid normal price is £99.99
Now £12.99
You save: covered over

This time its for the 18pk of hardy fuchsia collection

I see no reason why they couldn't have put the larger of the rectangles over the bid normal price just like they have for the you save area

ok in fairness Peter has just said to ignore the normal price as that is wrong alright and we can't change it electronically at the moment

Last edited:
Another apology from Peter: please ignore the normal bid price its not our fault alright its a little gremlin in the system

Another thing that intrigues me is why they have covered it over with a completely different colour to the rest of the graphics or a radical idea why not just colour it white so you don't notice anything there at all

Another apology from Peter: please ignore the normal bid price its not our fault alright its a little gremlin in the system

Another thing that intrigues me is why they have covered it over with a completely different colour to the rest of the graphics or a radical idea why not just colour it white so you don't notice anything there at all

Their sheer incompetence is breathtaking.

But incompetence is no excuse for shystering.

Now I don't know about you at ome but my maths isn't great but....

bid normal price £99.99
Today's price £69.99
You save £100
eh?
Just to make it even more clear the website normal price is £98.00
http://www.bid.tv/ProductDescriptionPage.aspx?Id=5587674&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories

40 minutes in and they still haven't noticed :mysmilie_19:

Now its all gone wrong
Earlex Dust Sheet with Masking Tape
bid normal price £99.99
Now £9.99
is that right? We will have to check that - well no Pete its not as they sell for £15 on the site
http://www.bid.tv/Earlex-Dust-Sheet....aspx?Id=5587979&Cat=6&Sub=15&Type=Categories

I guess its just the latest of the "mistakes" so don't worry ASA it won't happen again now slap my wrists and off we go hey ho

These crooks are simply out of control. This sale is on air right now, just look at the normal price for 2 bottles of Car Wax but note the supposed saving.

They are utterly unbelievable :mysmilie_51:

image.jpg

They are also utterly busted.

These crooks are simply out of control. This sale is on air right now, just look at the normal price for 2 bottles of Car Wax but note the supposed saving.

They are utterly unbelievable :mysmilie_51:

View attachment 10369

They are also utterly busted.

Have to ask why is it not covered up like it was last night, They clearly know there is a problem and we saw it covered last night and they have had this "gremlin in the system" since at least 10pm on Friday night, just cover it up with the larger of the rectangles not in the blue, not in the orange, not in the pink, not in the black, just use a white rectangle to cover it over and nobody will even notice it.

Last edited:
Have to ask why is it not covered up like it was last night, They clearly know there is a problem and we saw it covered last night and they have had this "gremlin in the system" since at least 10pm on Friday night, just cover it up with the larger of the rectangles not in the blue, not in the orange, not in the pink, not in the black, just use a white rectangle to cover it over and nobody will even notice it.

Anyone can make 'a' mistake, maybe even 2.

But this is going on and on with various products. It's hard to see it as anything but a deliberate attempt to deceive customers.

It's totally unacceptable. At best it's sheer incompetence that should result in the persons responsible being severely reprimanded but at worst it could just be plain old shystering.

And let's face it, they have form.

Anyone can make 'a' mistake, maybe even 2.

But this is going on and on with various products. It's hard to see it as anything but a deliberate attempt to deceive customers.

It's totally unacceptable. At best it's sheer incompetence that should result in the persons responsible being severely reprimanded but at worst it could just be plain old shystering.

And let's face it, they have form.

Ryes blamed the 'computer' and said to just ignore the saving!

There is no saving! They make 100%+ on most items anyway :mysmilie_14:

forget farrage v clegg.

the people really want to see, Wirral vs Sherlock

I wouldn't want to fight with anyone let alone my Schlocko. Without his expertise i'd never have learned of the benefits of Snail Serum.

I like him.

SlimySnail.jpg

Ryes blamed the 'computer' and said to just ignore the saving!

There is no saving! They make 100%+ on most items anyway :mysmilie_14:

It's either incompetence or shystering, take your pick.

Both are no good.

It's either incompetence or shystering, take your pick.

Both are no good.

how can you ''ignore'' something that is displayed visually on a visual medium such as television.

I think it's done on purpose, otherwise it would have been fixed by now.

Latest posts

Back