cancelling an order under direct selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried to cancel an order by phone a few weeks ago as soon as I read the negative reviews and I was told it was too late. I went back online, logged into my account and cancelled it!

As expected, several items arrived in one big delivery this morning. Mr Hermes said I could only accept or refuse the whole lot. I've had a reply from QVC accepting my request to cancel under DSR though, so I will return today and hope it doesn't cost me too much.
Thanks for all the help.

Hmmm...so they charge P&P for each individual item...but bulk the packages together for delivery purposes when it suits! Or is it Hermes doing this when they allocate the parcels to the courier? I wonder what would happen if Hermes were delivering 2 items and one of the packages was damaged and the customer refused to accept it?

As it happens, I wouldn't have been able to identify the correct package without opening it, as only the item no appears on the outside, and I had already re ordered the correct size, which came in the same delivery. The packages were identical on the exterior.

Logged in to my account this morning and the item I returned is not showing as either returned or cancelled. How long does this usually take? I sent the parcel back 1st class on 18th, and have proof of posting, but it is not trackable.

Funny enough I returned two things on the 18th. Both have been received and refunded according to the email I got yesterday. I haven't checked the refund though.

We're all mad here...

There's no rhyme or reason to QVC returns and refunds P-a-L! Could be anything from 2 days (ha!) to two weeks. You could email CS with a photo of the post office proof of posting - in the real retail world that might be enough for them to action the refund. In QVC world they'll probably tell you (a) to wait another week and (2) they'll send (2nd class) a declaration and ask you to return it with the proof of posting (another 2 weeks). No idea what happens if the declaration and proof of posting gets lost in the post...maybe you'll need proof of posting your proof of posting?

"Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” Alice in QVC Land! :mysmilie_482:

Don't they just love to make life easy!!!

I've just received a prepaid label to return the Doll 20 auto delivery that had a Fair foundation but Tan concealer.
Can anyone explain why the return address on the prepaid label is different from the address on the invoice that it would normally get returned to under 30 day money back? Even the postcode is different.

Never in all my twenty years a customer did I ever get a refund in under two weeks, when I asked CS why they just umd and ard, I've also asked why if an item was missing or broken couldn't they just replace the missing/broken piece like IW do (ha! They're better) instead of having to return the whole item and wait a total of about four weeks to get a replacement, but it t was the usual mantra of "er...um..I don't know"

its like they either dont trust the customer or they want to put you off returning anything by making it irritating. my friend returned an i phone to qvc. two and a half weeks later not a dicky bird. this is a high value item. so she started investigations. firstly phoning qvc if they had recieved the phone which they still hadn't. then by contacting royal mail to see what had happened. rm said that the phone had been delivered the very next day to qvc and it was signed for on delivery. my friend had paid for tracking as it was a high cost item. dont trust qvc re returns. they just try and make it irritating to give you a refund by pretending they still have not got the goods.

customer services second only to john lewis ...i think not!

Don't they just love to make life easy!!!

I've just received a prepaid label to return the Doll 20 auto delivery that had a Fair foundation but Tan concealer.
Can anyone explain why the return address on the prepaid label is different from the address on the invoice that it would normally get returned to under 30 day money back? Even the postcode is different.
Yes the refund address is different. Perhaps it makes it easier to accept the items in to the warehouse. I suppose they know that the prepaid envelope items are likely to be faulty and it avoids the items going back into stock and then being sent out to some poor customer

Yes the refund address is different. Perhaps it makes it easier to accept the items in to the warehouse. I suppose they know that the prepaid envelope items are likely to be faulty and it avoids the items going back into stock and then being sent out to some poor customer

I don't think that's the case, I've had loads of faulty products sent out to me as new over the twenty years I was a customer, it's more likely to check that the person who's returning it is telling truth because you get your p&p back if it really is faulty, they check it then it goes on to the warehouse and it's there wether you get someone who either checks it or just lobs it back on the shelf to go out to someone else and who knows, that person mightn't bother with the hassle of sending it back, so QVC make a sale.......result!

Latest posts

Back