cancelling an order under direct selling regulations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pick-a-Lily

was that summer?
Sorry, I know this has been discussed all over the forum, but I did a search and could find any posts.
I ordered something this morning, an hour later I phoned to change the size and was told my order is already in the warehouse and cannot be amended.
What are my options please? I want to avoid costly return P&P if possible.
Thanks in advance.

you can refuse delivery... if you trust the delivery company .i dont know why qvc make it so dam hard to cancel goods minutes after you have ordered it.so irritating. but you are covered up to 14 days under distance selling regulations

If it's coming via Hermes, and if you can intercept the delivery you can refuse delivery (it's an option on the courier's hand set and he'll still get paid so shouldn't grumble too much). This means you won't have to pay the return postage and Hermes tracking ref should show when QVC receive it back. This, coupled with telling Q you're cancelling and will refuse delivery is the best option. It relies on the courier knocking at the door no just leaving it on your step. I'm not sure about Royal Mail, but technically you should also be able to refuse delivery, but there'll be no tracking or proof of return so it might be worth the 2nd class postage with proof of posting from the Post Offtice. For either scenarion, tell Q (email [email protected] I think) and they'll refund the outward postage along with the purchase price.

You should have asked - they should have offered - them to email the warehouse. They would tell you that, if they can halt delivery - within an hour?! - they will, or suggest you refuse delivery, or return. The email has always stopped delivery for me.

Thanks, I've emailed to cancel, quoting DSR and asking for reimbursement, including P&P.
If I see Mr Hermes, I may be able to refuse the delivery, providing I can identify it - I've ordered a couple of things today :blush:

Sorry, I know this has been discussed all over the forum, but I did a search and could find any posts.
I ordered something this morning, an hour later I phoned to change the size and was told my order is already in the warehouse and cannot be amended.
What are my options please? I want to avoid costly return P&P if possible.
Thanks in advance.

I once tried to do the same and was told the same as you. I told them I would refuse it and they said OK. Took ages to refund,took nearly two weeks to show as received back, shocking service.

I once tried to do the same and was told the same as you. I told them I would refuse it and they said OK. Took ages to refund,took nearly two weeks to show as received back, shocking service.

its to put you off cancelling no one else makes a fuss if you want to cancell. barring qvc! customer service second to none....bah humbug!

I've never refused delivery, but when I send something back it's usually within 24 hours of receiving it and they've reimbursed the P&P too, although I do have to cover the cost of the return.

The fact that they can't cancel an item before it's dispatched, especially when you've rung them an hour after ordering it, is ridiculous. Maybe they don't know what buttons to click on their computer system.

Yes, it is ridiculous! I didn't even want to cancel, I just wanted to change the size - and if they gave some proper information on sizing, even that wouldn't have been necessary! Pah. Anyhow, I've resigned myself to paying to return it, but at least I should (eventually) get the original P&P back.

I left a note to Hermes that I was going to refuse delivery, but to knock anyway so I could get a receipt for this.

But they came, saw the note, didn't bother to knock, but tracking said that delivery had been refused.

I got my refund in a reasonable time, inc my PP.

There doesn't seem to be a way of identifying the contents of a QVC parcel without opening it though, so if two similar packages arrive with Mr Hermes on the same day, and I want to keep one of them, it'll be a guessing game as to which needs to be refused!

Thanks, I've emailed to cancel, quoting DSR and asking for reimbursement, including P&P.
If I see Mr Hermes, I may be able to refuse the delivery, providing I can identify it - I've ordered a couple of things today :blush:

just so you are aware .....I recently tried to refuse delivery from my hermes man, but as he was delivering a couple of parcels he couldn't refuse a single item, only the whole delivery , so I accepted it and then went to the post office an paid to return it

Coincidentally, after writing on this thread, I refused a delivery. The lady didn't know what she was required to do, so I took it, and contacted CS. The usual hermes guy is great, and just gives me a receipt, and records it on his handheld device.

the item number is usually on the white address label on the outside of the parcel, which might help you to pinpoint the package to refuse; although you might fall foul of the situation Jordie-tart describes if a couple of packages arrive together. If you see you Hermes chap in the next day or so you could mention that you want to refuse a parcel in the next day or so and ask if he'll be able to scan them separately once you've identified the unwanted delivery. Some couriers are more amenable than others; my former Hermes chap was really helpful but the current one scans all the packages as "delivered to mailbox" before he gets out of his van so he says he can't then scan it as reused. All in all it's a case of deciding which option works best for you; I go to my local PO nearly every day so for the sake of £2-3 it's easier to return some packages than to hang around trying to catch the courier.

What's really annoying is the knowledge that QVC CS say they can't amend or cancel an order as the instructions have already gone to the warehouse, only for the status to sit at "in progress" for a couple of days before it's updated to despatched!

Exactly that. The order in question is still showing as 'in progress', which is utter bullcrap as, if that were the case, I should be able to cancel it and save them the bother of sending it. I have re-ordered the correct size now, so suppose I will just have to suck up the return charge, but it is maddening. It will be going back by the cheapest method with proof of posting.

I am lucky with my Hermes lady. I can just text her saying I am due a parcel that day (check via tracking) and I want to refuse delivery. She knows then not to put it in th a car and just sends it back tracked on her hand held gadget. If I have more than one item I have been known to text her " I want to refuse the bigger of the 2 boxes" (I was refusing the Yankee Candle large jars but wanted to keep the make up item).

It would be easy for the massive, global company that is QVC it install something that could alert the warehouse that order number such and such is now cancelled, which would then leave it for someone who may want it but they won't do that for two reasons one, it'll cost money to do that and two, if it goes out to you there's always a chance that you may keep it when you see it, so therefore more money to QVC, it's a win win.

You can refuse an item via your local postman and it will just get sent back - you will then get a full refund.
It doesn't matter if they don't get it back, you haven't received it, so still get a refund .
I ordered a top and trousers - when the trousers arrived they did not suit me so went back in the post the same day. I then refused the top. When I was refunded, it was in full including postage on both items.

As expected, several items arrived in one big delivery this morning. Mr Hermes said I could only accept or refuse the whole lot. I've had a reply from QVC accepting my request to cancel under DSR though, so I will return today and hope it doesn't cost me too much.
Thanks for all the help.

Latest posts

Back