Catherine Huntley - Twitter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper
I think it was unfair that Catherine gave the details of the OTO to twitter users on the 9 p.m show last night, when it was shown the stock had nearly sold out. Not everyone uses Twitter.Saying that I think Debbie Flint also does it.

I don't think "fair" comes into it with QVC though, I was with them for twenty years and never got one single code. Not that I'm bothered I'm just saying it would've been more fair to do what Ideal World do and put any promotions/codes on the website home page, so any customers old and new can take advantage. As for presenters that leak the offers, well that just gets them more "followers" and makes them look popular.

I think it was unfair that Catherine gave the details of the OTO to twitter users on the 9 p.m show last night, when it was shown the stock had nearly sold out. Not everyone uses Twitter.Saying that I think Debbie Flint also does it.

it is but they all do it but thats why i post it here in this thread "03/08/16 One TIme Only Prices" http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?52862-03-08-16-One-TIme-Only-Prices & i posted it at "Yesterday, 12:33 AM" so way before she tweeted it

Makes a change from fakebook! :mysmilie_14:

Wonder if she'll sign up for the self detoxing from digital items ? (like hell !) This wont worry me, I don't possess a Smartarse phone/ipad, and not on Twat/Faceoff/Tinder/Insta whatever; alcohol rarely touches my hips, I don't gamble, and s.x is just a 3 letter words these days; God I'm boring - why am I here ??? ah yes, my little dog who is my heartbeat and I love my cruises.

Really? I'm sure I've heard her banging on about "At the Huntley" and how she couldn't get her name because of some spa (I think) .

I don't do Twitter but if I did, I'd being saying with friends like Chuntley you don't need enemies. Nothing bores me more than bedding shows but it doesn't mean I'm not nosey, just had an extremely quick look and Chuntley was bestowing the virtues of bedding that's not Northern Nights, like her "friends" she stayed at when her house was being made, so she bought the friend some Northern Nights because what she slept in wasn't as luxurious as NN, her friend told her later on how she loved Northern Lights now, where her "friend" Chuntley corrected her "no, no its Northern Nights" of course non of this is true, because I'd like to think she wouldn't out her friend for having cheap (or cheaper than NN bedding) live on air, maybe if this friend exists she can't afford NN bedding, but like I say, with friends like Chuntley hey.

I don't do Twitter but if I did, I'd being saying with friends like Chuntley you don't need enemies. Nothing bores me more than bedding shows but it doesn't mean I'm not nosey, just had an extremely quick look and Chuntley was bestowing the virtues of bedding that's not Northern Nights, like her "friends" she stayed at when her house was being made, so she bought the friend some Northern Nights because what she slept in wasn't as luxurious as NN, her friend told her later on how she loved Northern Lights now, where her "friend" Chuntley corrected her "no, no its Northern Nights" of course non of this is true, because I'd like to think she wouldn't out her friend for having cheap (or cheaper than NN bedding) live on air, maybe if this friend exists she can't afford NN bedding, but like I say, with friends like Chuntley hey.

I know what you mean about the bedding shows - they make such a meal of it all. Sam Doubledee and her pawing all over the bedding is marginally more acceptable that that awful ?Rebecca Goldschmeid with Mayfair Manor, but it's all variations on a theme. To jazz things up a bit, I think they should get Suzi Adams and Judith Williams together on the Lunchtime Show and challenge them to a gurning competition. First one to manage to move her face wins a brushed cotton housewife pillowcase.

I managed to get a bargain in Asda this morning a double duvet cover and 2 pillow cases for £6.99 as they where reducing all of their summer stock to bring in the autumn range now I fully realise that it is 0000 thread count but I liked the picture on the front and it will give me some colour in the bedroom and at that price I can always buy another when I get fed up with it.
Now if I had paid £117.00 plus £7.95 P&P (which is more than I paid for the set in Asda) I would have to use it for years and years whether I liked it or not.

I often find the more expensive the harder they are to iron. I've bought expensive stuff which is the very bottom of the pile when going to the airing cupboard whereas ones from a local chain store are washed and worn on a rota and look fine.

I managed to get a bargain in Asda this morning a double duvet cover and 2 pillow cases for £6.99 as they where reducing all of their summer stock to bring in the autumn range now I fully realise that it is 0000 thread count but I liked the picture on the front and it will give me some colour in the bedroom and at that price I can always buy another when I get fed up with it.
Now if I had paid £117.00 plus £7.95 P&P (which is more than I paid for the set in Asda) I would have to use it for years and years whether I liked it or not.

There's nothing wrong with cheaper bedding, if I'd have been in Asda this morning I'd have bought them too. Let's face it once your asleep the bedding could cost a tenner or a thousand quid, how would you know the difference? you'd be asleep.

I'm using a coloured flat sheet on my bed that must be at least 40 years old. It's washed and used more often than I can count but still looks as good as the first time it was used. It comes out during the summer because it's light to sleep under when it gets warm. My two plain white bottom sheets were bought from a local shop and are used constantly and still look good. When NN came on last night, I did actually consider replacing some things but none of their offerings were as good as the things that I have already! I have one old set from M&S that has also been used a lot but looks almost new. The colours have never faded and, luckily, it never needs to be ironed. The iron is a monster that lurks in the back of the airing cupboard and only ever appears for a dire emergency! (such as a crisp white shirt!?)

I'm using a coloured flat sheet on my bed that must be at least 40 years old. It's washed and used more often than I can count but still looks as good as the first time it was used. It comes out during the summer because it's light to sleep under when it gets warm. My two plain white bottom sheets were bought from a local shop and are used constantly and still look good. When NN came on last night, I did actually consider replacing some things but none of their offerings were as good as the things that I have already! I have one old set from M&S that has also been used a lot but looks almost new. The colours have never faded and, luckily, it never needs to be ironed. The iron is a monster that lurks in the back of the airing cupboard and only ever appears for a dire emergency! (such as a crisp white shirt!?)

I would say, as a fellow iron-phobic, avoid the NN. It looks like a rag unless ironed, in my experience. The oxford pillowcases have the centre opening... so if you use firm pillows it's a nightmare getting them into the pillowcase. There are better quality choices out on the dreaded high street.

Having been away from shopping telly for a while, it's nice to know they are still using the same old "techniques" to flog things; if I was the "friend" in question, the next time she stayed with me I'd be tempted to do something nasty with one of the bedroom pillows (not a Northern Nights one, of course!!!).

Having been away from shopping telly for a while, it's nice to know they are still using the same old "techniques" to flog things; if I was the "friend" in question, the next time she stayed with me I'd be tempted to do something nasty with one of the bedroom pillows (not a Northern Nights one, of course!!!).

Hi H, great to see you back. I agree, I'd do something with the pillows too (not Northern Nights) and it ain't plumping them, if you know what I mean :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back