Catherine Huntley

louise66

I wanted to see the Molton Brown show so, unusually for me, I switched over to QVC. I did order the lemon and mandarin hand set, before it was aired, as I knew I wanted it.
When it came to air, the presenter was comparing buying this, to a bunch of flowers, as a gift for dinner hosts. "What kind of flowers can you get for £21.98?" I don't know about florists where she lives but, here in Cumbria, the total cost incl postage, would buy 5 bunches. Not a very realistic comparison.
Marks' flowers are long lasting, and inexpensive.

shopperholic

VIP Shopper
Every supermarket will have a bunch of flowers for a fiver or less, I can imagine the simpering Chuntley saying that though, she doesn't shop outside QVC though so she wouldn't know the true cost of a bunch of flowers.

Bettyboo

VIP Shopper
In the last two days I have bought two of my Granddaughter flowers and chocs from M&S for around £20 total. Excellent quality and much appreciated by them both.

Craftalot

Indigenouscommunities
I wanted to see the Molton Brown show so, unusually for me, I switched over to QVC. I did order the lemon and mandarin hand set, before it was aired, as I knew I wanted it.
When it came to air, the presenter was comparing buying this, to a bunch of flowers, as a gift for dinner hosts. "What kind of flowers can you get for £21.98?" I don't know about florists where she lives but, here in Cumbria, the total cost incl postage, would buy 5 bunches. Not a very realistic comparison.
Marks' flowers are long lasting, and inexpensive.

£4.44 per bunch?! In London, I think the last time they were that price was the mid-70s.

yesilkedi

I can get a bunch of flowers from the market for £2 when they flog 'em off at the end of the day!

madmax

VIP Shopper
Aldi always look to have a good range of reasonably priced flowers.
On a friday and saturday you always get the "ladies" who do church flowers either for weddings or just for the sunday service buying the stock up.
They seem to get a lot for their money so if I was looking to buy flowers that is where I would go.

Edited to say that £22.00 would buy you half a church's worth.

boffy

VIP Shopper
a nice bunch is a fortune here in london. we have a beautiful florist at the top of my road and i wanted a christmas wreath made up with fresh greenery etc..they started from £85 to me that a lot of money.

Akimbo

hiding from energy vamps
a bunch of flowers, as a gift for dinner hosts.

Hmm buying soap for a dinner host? Is that a veiled request for them to wash their hands before they start cooking? :mysmilie_46:

Petespants

I too thought soap for a dinner host very strange.A bottle of wine? ..yes. Chocolates as a thank you treat ..?Perhaps.Soap.....? no not even stuff from the 'amazing'qvc .Flowers.....?always pleasant. Maybe from the garden if you have them to make a bunch £0.00 and always fresh.They will tell you any ridiculous idea to flog their stuff.

Lady Madonna

Aldi always look to have a good range of reasonably priced flowers.
On a friday and saturday you always get the "ladies" who do church flowers either for weddings or just for the sunday service buying the stock up.
They seem to get a lot for their money so if I was looking to buy flowers that is where I would go.

Edited to say that £22.00 would buy you half a church's worth.

Aldis flowers also last well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shriram
AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks