Catherine Huntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I wanted to see the Molton Brown show so, unusually for me, I switched over to QVC. I did order the lemon and mandarin hand set, before it was aired, as I knew I wanted it.
When it came to air, the presenter was comparing buying this, to a bunch of flowers, as a gift for dinner hosts. "What kind of flowers can you get for £21.98?" I don't know about florists where she lives but, here in Cumbria, the total cost incl postage, would buy 5 bunches. Not a very realistic comparison.
Marks' flowers are long lasting, and inexpensive.

in my area flowers can had for between £18-60 a bunch , hence i don't buy them:down:

Every supermarket will have a bunch of flowers for a fiver or less, I can imagine the simpering Chuntley saying that though, she doesn't shop outside QVC though so she wouldn't know the true cost of a bunch of flowers.

In the last two days I have bought two of my Granddaughter flowers and chocs from M&S for around £20 total. Excellent quality and much appreciated by them both.

I wanted to see the Molton Brown show so, unusually for me, I switched over to QVC. I did order the lemon and mandarin hand set, before it was aired, as I knew I wanted it.
When it came to air, the presenter was comparing buying this, to a bunch of flowers, as a gift for dinner hosts. "What kind of flowers can you get for £21.98?" I don't know about florists where she lives but, here in Cumbria, the total cost incl postage, would buy 5 bunches. Not a very realistic comparison.
Marks' flowers are long lasting, and inexpensive.

£4.44 per bunch?! In London, I think the last time they were that price was the mid-70s.

I can get a bunch of flowers from the market for £2 when they flog 'em off at the end of the day!

Aldi always look to have a good range of reasonably priced flowers.
On a friday and saturday you always get the "ladies" who do church flowers either for weddings or just for the sunday service buying the stock up.
They seem to get a lot for their money so if I was looking to buy flowers that is where I would go.

Edited to say that £22.00 would buy you half a church's worth.

a nice bunch is a fortune here in london. we have a beautiful florist at the top of my road and i wanted a christmas wreath made up with fresh greenery etc..they started from £85 to me that a lot of money.

I too thought soap for a dinner host very strange.A bottle of wine? ..yes. Chocolates as a thank you treat ..?Perhaps.Soap.....? no not even stuff from the 'amazing'qvc .Flowers.....?always pleasant. Maybe from the garden if you have them to make a bunch £0.00 and always fresh.They will tell you any ridiculous idea to flog their stuff.

Aldi always look to have a good range of reasonably priced flowers.
On a friday and saturday you always get the "ladies" who do church flowers either for weddings or just for the sunday service buying the stock up.
They seem to get a lot for their money so if I was looking to buy flowers that is where I would go.

Edited to say that £22.00 would buy you half a church's worth.

Aldis flowers also last well.

Latest posts

Back