Catherine you lied

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

inatizzy

Registered Shopper
Brace yourselves.......... here comes a rant.

Catherine lied on one of the Leighton Denny presentations and I am furious because I took her at her word and ordered without checking online first.

The item in question is the Black crystal nail file set.
She said MORE THAN ONCE that the reviews for this product (THE BLACK ONE SHE WAS SHOWING) were great and that they were all practically 5* and there were over a 100 of them.

BUT now that I check what do I find?

The rave reviews are for the White set and Oh Deary Me the Black set are CR*P

The black one
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.219794.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

THe white one
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.219887.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Catherine was showing the BLACK one, was talking about the BLACK one and said she would definitely have to get the BLACK one HOW THEN does she get away with referring to the WRONG reviews?

Thank you for allowing me to get that off my chest.................

It's not the first :down:misconduct:down:from from Ms Chuntley, either. She is a con artist with a sweet smile.:mysmilie_865:

I don't get it!

Just read a few pages of reviews for this item, which I didn't know existed as I avoid Mr Potato head like the plague :dull: However, saying that, I did buy the clear crystal files a few years ago and are happy with them. I can't quite work out what the problem is with the black files? As far as I can make out, people are complaining that the white marks don't wash off very well.....but it's a nail file! It's not meant to be on show, how many people used to keep their grotty emery boards in a display case on the fireplace?!! :taphead: Unless these are made from a different substance to the clear ones I can't see what the fuss is about :thinking:

I've got these black files and only noticed the rubbish reviews after I had them for over 30 days. The black coating has come off along where you file against, however the nail dust does still wash away and the files still work. They don't look very pretty but like you say they are not on display so I wasn't all that bothered. I would think about giving them as a gift though.

I just read further into the reviews and people were mentioning the coating coming off, but I was thinking surely it's the same as the clear files underneath?! Maybe that's all it is then, they think as the black comes off that it's not going to work. Interesting that you say yours are still working. Personally, if I want something with bad reviews I prefer to order and make my own mind up :confused:

My main concern is that I feel strongly that Catherine was VERY misleading when she referred to the WRONG reviews.

There is no excuse for this, she was presenting the Black set and it is unacceptable to KEEP harping on about the GOOD reviews when they clearly DO NOT apply to this product.

THAT is why I am annoyed - the reasons for the difference in the reviews is not the issue.

More fool me for listening to and accepting what she was saying.

inatizzy

Last edited:
My main concern is that I feel strongly that Catherine was VERY misleading when she referred to the WRONG reviews.

There is no excuse for this, she was presenting the Black set and it is unacceptable to KEEP harping on about the GOOD reviews when they clearly DO NOT apply to this product.

THAT is why I am annoyed - the reasons for the difference in the reviews is not the issue.

inatizzy

Apologies Tiz, didn't mean to go off on a tangent! I clicked on the link and got so caught up in wondering what was wrong with them...!! But yes, I agree, she was bang out of order if she was intentionally quoting and referring to reviews for the wrong product number :devil:

Inatizzy I nearly had that happen to me in August with a HP Netbook , Craig Rowe was banging on and on about the wonderful reviews this piece of kit was recieving online. The very next day I went online to check out these "wonderful" reviews , WHAT WONDERFUL REVIEWS! 95% were appallingly bad. It's been taken off the system now. Needless to say I bought a Acer Aspire Netbook from the dreaded high street instead.

inatizzy

Email/phone Customer Services and say you want a prepaid label and your money including p&p refunded as the reason you bought it was because it had excellent reviews.

Don't think they'll argue and you won't be out of pocket.

Good luck :)

agree, phone asap and dont ask....demand a pre-paid label and a full refund. I too have the clear ones and yes, they are good but if I had my time over I would buy the OPI one instead.

One has to be careful in comments regarding Miss Huntley as she does appear to have a very loyal following and at times it can appear she can do no wrong.
Having said that I suppose she could get mixed up but then she has talk back, so should be corrected by the gallery and not be allowed to continue with her comments.

Doesn't matter what's wrong or the in's and out's about what buyers have commented about.
QVC to clearly sell a product saying that others who have previously bought give it 5 stars and stating they are happy with their purchase, is totally out of order.

I do hope you will be taking the matter futher, as QVC clearly state they are bound by trading regulations and not allowed to broadcast what isn't the truth, so they shouldn't have any problem with being corrected.

:flower:

I agree you were probably misled, tho if its any consolation I've got the black ones and I really like them. I've had no problems at all with them.

Just read a few pages of reviews for this item, which I didn't know existed as I avoid Mr Potato head like the plague :dull: However, saying that, I did buy the clear crystal files a few years ago and are happy with them. I can't quite work out what the problem is with the black files? As far as I can make out, people are complaining that the white marks don't wash off very well.....but it's a nail file! It's not meant to be on show, how many people used to keep their grotty emery boards in a display case on the fireplace?!! :taphead: Unless these are made from a different substance to the clear ones I can't see what the fuss is about :thinking:

I think the point is that the white marks from filing are supposed to wash off as well as it does on the clear one and for many with the black this is not the case. I contacted LD's CS through his facebook page and they sent me a replacement, in my case it was the larger file that was faulty the smaller file was fine.

I had the black set and it was definitely inferior compared to the white. I have very strong thick nails and the files made no impression whatsoever! I was just about to send them back when out of the blue I got a letter from QVC saying that the files had been quoted on air as being in a leather wallet which was not the case. They hoped I would still keep the item notwithstanding the lie (my interpretation) as it was fantastic value for money but as they has included a pre-paid returns label I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. So got the p&p back too.
This hasn't been the first time that an item had been misrepresented as I have had a couple of similar letters in the past. So I suspect that if people have complained and it is a trading standards issue they have to mail out to all purchasers to give them the option to return. I think reviews should come into the same category as it is an invitation to buy based on erroneous information.
As others have suggested - get onto CS immediately and demand satisfaction!:smile:

inatizzy

It's the principle that matters. She either looked up the wrong item, in which case she should be more careful before gushing about an item, or she mis-led us deliberately. I must admit that I've only just started reading the reviews, and it's an eye-opener :headbang:

At the end of the day they are just sales people - they push stock that is not moving, so probably bend the truth a little (lot)!
I find their reviews misleading as people that leave bad feedback not always get their views accross as QVC censor them.

At the end of the day they are just sales people - they push stock that is not moving, so probably bend the truth a little (lot)!
I find their reviews misleading as people that leave bad feedback not always get their views accross as QVC censor them.

There are plenty of bad reviews for that particular item!

What does annoy me is people who leave reviews when they don't even seem to have used the item. Someone gives the black nail file 5* but goes on to say they might give it as a present, so have they actuaaly used it? Another 5* review seems to be based on the fact the white files are good. And don't get me started on the people who say it was c*** but it wasn't worth sending it back! GRR!

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my rant :)

Oh my goodness I was LIVID because I felt really DUPED and was annoyed with myself for listening to Catherine's garbage. I was almost apoplectic I tell you.

(I think I may be just a tad hormonal !)

Will wait for delivery as it was shipped swiftly and make my own judgement, BUT also think I will advise C/service of my 'anguish' over Haughty Huntley's story-telling ! ! ! ! (And mention Trading Standards in passing)

inatizzy

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my rant :)

Oh my goodness I was LIVID because I felt really DUPED and was annoyed with myself for listening to Catherine's garbage. I was almost apoplectic I tell you.

(I think I may be just a tad hormonal !)

Will wait for delivery as it was shipped swiftly and make my own judgement, BUT also think I will advise C/service of my 'anguish' over Haughty Huntley's story-telling ! ! ! ! (And mention Trading Standards in passing)

inatizzy

Eeee dear, hope you never have a real life crisis - this is annoying, yes, but I'm sure a lot of people would give their right arm to have a nail file 'crisis' instead of other problems.

Latest posts

Back