Centigrade TSV 21/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I saw the 9 pm launch when everything went limited. Glen was over the moon but it all seemed a bit quick to me.
It’s an OK garment but nothing special and won’t appeal to everyone.
Glen says you can wear it over your demon jackets or biker jacket.

Sold out, join waitlist? No thanks, get someone else’s return.I love my gilets, ideal for this time of year when you want a bit more warmth but not to go to a full sleeved jacket.In my day they were waistcoats until I was introduced to the gilet as they were called by a buyer at a very high end London Dept. store about 50 years ago.

I thought they must be expecting a lot of returns as they are encouraging everyone that missed it to go on waitlist.

CC

On first sight it reminds me of those detachable fur linings you could get in rain coats . I have a few gilets but fur is not my thing especially with a hood.

Now that wouldn't have a been a bad idea, put a packaway mac with it, and there you go - all bases covered. Also noticed a most of the models not doing it up....some didn't look as though they could! I could be wrong but I thought a gilet (or bodywarmer) is usually worn fastened. A couple of people over on FB are miffed 'cause they missed out on buying 3 - I reckon they've dodged a bullet by saving themselves £150!

Well, what do I know? Who’d have thunk it...sold out?
not for me as my arms are one of the first places I feel the cold.
Only places I’ve seen them worn much is in the rings at dog shows. Something not too hot but with pockets to shove dog treats in to tempt the little blighters( darlings) to stand still & pose nicely for the judge when they’re doing the final scrutiny of the line up before placing.

Gilets are worn a lot out here in the sticks but mostly by people who have horses (not me). The one someone posted on here from Bon Marche looked OK. The TSV looks like a fashion item and not really practical if you can't wash it. What about muddy dogs jumping up for treats etc?

I thought that selling out in 14 minutes was a bit dodgy as well :sneaky:

CC

Well, what do I know? Who’d have thunk it...sold out?
not for me as my arms are one of the first places I feel the cold.
Only places I’ve seen them worn much is in the rings at dog shows. Something not too hot but with pockets to shove dog treats in to tempt the little blighters( darlings) to stand still & pose nicely for the judge when they’re doing the final scrutiny of the line up before placing.
Funnily enough when I saw this tsv I instantly thought if it got wet would you smell like a wet dog ? It`s definitely a fashion piece and not a practical item because when I walk our labrador and it rains and I`m wading through ditches and fields BOTH of us stink when we get home.

Funnily enough when I saw this tsv I instantly thought if it got wet would you smell like a wet dog ? It`s definitely a fashion piece and not a practical item because when I walk our labrador and it rains and I`m wading through ditches and fields BOTH of us stink when we get home.

I did as well lol! Perhaps you won't smell like a wet dog..but you'll look like one!

ME TOO ! nothing like having wet fur wrapped around you. I've had a couple of jackets with fur trimmed hoods, and are dire to wear when they get wet.

I don't "get" gilets, either, but they seem to be popular with people who like the casual country look with a skinny sweater and knee-high brown leather riding boots. (I can't rock that look so maybe this post is just sour grapes). But like others on here, if I'm cold, I'm cold all over, especially my arms. Maybe I need a pair of shoulder-length gloves.

Latest posts

Back