centigrade TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like it and I'm very tempted. Can anyone tell me what centigrade sizing is like, does it come up big, small or true to size. I'm smaller busted than Julia who of course is in the XS and don't know if it will be to big. Help!!!

I've found sizes come up large I'm a size 8-10 and the XS is often to big for me sadly!

Chicago can be VERY cold in Nov, I really would advise against the centigrade coat, they are just not warm enough for that kind of weather, but then I hate the cold. :confused:

I know I was there a few years ago had a next wool coat that time complete with hat gloves scarf and ear warmers I was quite warm most of the time, I dont really need a nother coat but want something warm and not too heavy to take with me most of the time will be indoors -its a work trip not pleasure unfortunatly, but we are going to have some free time. My padded coat is warm but a bit heavy and not very "smart". I have put one on cheque hold and will think about it today before paying

I agree about the sizing of Centigrade coats but I have still gone for one in black.
I liked the purple but thought it might be too bright.Isee chocolate has sold out in lots of sizes.

I bought the new reefer jacket which according to the measurements should have been my size, but was way too tight. I sent it back for the medium which because I wanted a replacement, took 3 weeks to arrive. It came in a box about 2" thick and was sooooo creased I thought I'd never get them out, so I bunged it in the washing machine (as it said you could), in the hope that wetting it would get the creases out BUT no such luck. As a last resort I ironed it with a teatowel over it hoping that it wouldn't go shiny and phew the creases came out. Soooo the moral of the story is, their sizing is way out and they arrive in a right state! Plus side, they're cheap!

New faux shearling - Julia said add 4" to whatever your bust size is and that should be the size you need! Yeah right!

have just watched the live presentation of the TSV ..I am sooooooo tempted again now, having only seen it on the website earlier, but this sizing malarkey is a worry - Joy was in XL and it was buttoned up and didn't look bad - BUT - what did she have underneath..a slinky nightie or a winter jumper?? They gave 52" I think for the XL, but I'm about 38" around the chesticles..even with a jumper on 52" seems a bit on the big side! I lurrrrrrrrve the purple tho, and the black, so even I decided on the size I'd still be umming & aahing about which colour!:headbang:

Busymum - go for both!

Remember: you have that 30 day "no quibble" MBG :wink:

Busymum - go for both!

Remember: you have that 30 day "no quibble" MBG :wink:

yes indeed...!! Two lots of P & P to lose and two return P & P to fob out - I'm quickly putting myself off again! High time that P & P was adjusted to be half price for second item of same product number even when not identical methinks..

yes indeed...!! Two lots of P & P to lose and two return P & P to fob out - I'm quickly putting myself off again! High time that P & P was adjusted to be half price for second item of same product number even when not identical methinks..

I agree: I'm surprised that QVC haven't nicked that from IW.

But then, most customers seem happy to keep paying multiple p&p charges.

It would put me off buying clothes from there.

I agree: I'm surprised that QVC haven't nicked that from IW.

But then, most customers seem happy to keep paying multiple p&p charges.

It would put me off buying clothes from there.

it puts you off buying anything really doesn't it! I must admit I've been very good lately and not purchased much at all, in fact can't even think of what I had last - I was looking at SBC on the website yesterday after seeing a bit of the hour, put two items in my cart, but when I got to checkout and the almost-a-tenner P & P was looking back at me I abandoned mission! As usual I wanted a mixture of what wasn't available as a set....how nice it would be to be able to cherry pick your products but fat chance of that!:doh:

Glen keps talking about petite ladies in the presentation and I dont know if it is my hearing but I think he keeps saying tea ladies, it is very confusing, what do tea ladies have to do with it? Then I remember he is trying to say petite! PS I am sitting on my hands for this as shearling has really been done and done although it is nice and I sat on my hands for the LG oto so I am feeling good.

Last edited:
I bought a faux shearling coat similar to the TSV last year in purple (without the hood) and find it to be roomy enough for a thick jumper enough, but still looks fitted, if that makes sense. Btw, I'm a size 10 (being called busty would be the understatement of the year)! and bought the XS. Sometimes these oversized coats are so big on me, I could get someone else inside with me with room to spare! :giggle: It also fits well on the shoulders and the sleeves are the right length. (I'm fairly broad shouldered and about 5' 7"). It's quite thin, (if it's the same as last year's TSV), so I think you'd still need to layer up in the colder weather. Definitely not warm enough for Chicago in November, unless you wear loads of layers underneath. I've been there a few times at that time of year and a 'sleeping bag' would be about just right for me!

I agree, the sizing is all over the place. I find their leather jackets and raincoats quite snug, but the shearlings more roomy. I also bought one of their suede coats which is more fitted again.

P.S. If it's the same purple as I have, it's a gorgeous colour. I'm very tempted to buy one today, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. :thinking:

I bought a faux shearling coat similar to the TSV last year in purple (without the hood) and find it to be roomy enough for a thick jumper enough, but still looks fitted, if that makes sense. Btw, I'm a size 10 (being called busty would be the understatement of the year)! and bought the XS. Sometimes these oversized coats are so big on me, I could get someone else inside with me with room to spare! :giggle: It also fits well on the shoulders and the sleeves are the right length. (I'm fairly broad shouldered and about 5' 7"). It's quite thin, (if it's the same as last year's TSV), so I think you'd still need to layer up in the colder weather. Definitely not warm enough for Chicago in November, unless you wear loads of layers underneath. I've been there a few times at that time of year and a 'sleeping bag' would be about just right for me!

I agree, the sizing is all over the place. I find their leather jackets and raincoats quite snug, but the shearlings more roomy. I also bought one of their suede coats which is more fitted again.

P.S. If it's the same purple as I have, it's a gorgeous colour. I'm very tempted to buy one today, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it. :thinking:

on the website it looked quite "dull" purple, like aubergine, but when I saw it actually on the telly it's a gorgeous bright shade, definitely "me"!

[/COLOR]

on the website it looked quite "dull" purple, like aubergine, but when I saw it actually on the telly it's a gorgeous bright shade, definitely "me"!

Well, go get yourself one lovey! :clapping:

[/COLOR]

The purple on the TV looks just like mine. It's like a Cadbury's purple and 'bright'. Just to say it won't match the Tignanello bags that are purple, which are more 'blue'. They clash horribly together.

Are you going for it BM, or should we be talking you out of it? ;-)

The purple on the TV looks just like mine. It's like a Cadbury's purple and 'bright'. Just to say it won't match the Tignanello bags that are purple, which are more 'blue'. They clash horribly together.

Are you going for it BM, or should we be talking you out of it? ;-)

She should go for it: she'll only regret it if she doesn't :devil:

Was tickled to watch the launch replay and see that Julia had shoehorned herself into the XS - I was waiting for her to pass out when she buttoned it up. Sadly, it appears she has the breath control of a synchronized swimmer ...

question for Klarionthewitchboy:hi::
do you work on comission for QVC?????????????:wonder::wink:

question for Klarionthewitchboy:hi::
do you work on comission for QVC?????????????:wonder::wink:

Hello! :hi:

Tell you what: have a look at some of my posts in the stickied thread at the top of the QVC forum, as well as the one about Catherine Huntley's sales patter, then come back and tell me whether you still think that.

All I'll say is: I wouldn't be making a profit! :wink:

I would've got one for my birthday which is this Thursday but to me it seems a bit too thin for my liking so it's the dreaded High St for me.

:wave:I like the coat but 'straight away I don't buy into the fact that it's a dog walking coat'
'Straight away I wouldn't grab into the story of popping it on to walk the dog in the pouring morning rain.' :giggle:

Joking aside do like it but the purple and brown shade wouldn't be my first options.
Think I'll await to see how it goes down, may have a trip to see what's on offer at the end of November and what size fits ok then.
As I don't really seem to get my wear out of coats like these find myself too warm in the car, then out and about in shops/supermarket.

Anyone else think the buttons look a little on the cheapy side ?

Must say the styling looks very slimming, great too the hood comes off, just watching the taped show from last evening did any of the models put the hood up ?

:flower:

Latest posts

Back