CH TSV - I'm tempted! Help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CountessK

Registered Shopper
I am horrified and worried to find that i am actually very tempted by the Carole Hochman TSV. My dressing gown was a wedding present - it's our 6th anniversary this week - and it's getting very very tatty. But surely a woman of my age (ie mid-ish 30s :giggle:) should never be tempted by a bit of terry towelling?

Help me out here, girls, before I do something i regret!

Cheers, CountessK.x

It does look cosy but I'd be far too blearly eyed in the morning to want to fiddle with a zip. Love the teal colour.

Can't help you here I'm afraid as I have one of CH's robes and I love it! So light, soft & warm. Not really like terry towelling though, it's a very cosy, plush microfibre. Tempted by the purple today.

Right trying to put you off here - t looks a bit nunty to me and old ladyish. It is also not cheap, especially for polyester. There are better bargains to be had on the High Street. I bought a lovely fleecy dressing gown from Sainsburys recently that was only £16.

Hope that has helped ! :grin:

Don't be horrified countess! I've got a similar one bought last year and I love it. I got my 21 year old daughter one too and she also loves it. They're so soft and cosy and the zip is much handier than a belt tie.
I'm seriously thinking about getting another one! (love the purple)

I've gone for it in purple - I have been looking for a new one for ages and strange as it seems as they are everywhere,I can't find one I like.I think its also an item that you might not buy yourself too often.

I do think its a bit grannyish - but in the dead of winter,i won't care about that!!!

Don't think I would buy one as a present,as it seemed to be flogged as on the launch - and had they not had the purple,I don't think i would have gone for it as I don't like the other colours - but it looks lovely and snuggly to me!!

Bit confused by the sizing - not really too sure what to order - but hey ho!!

OK, I'll try ...

Never been tempted by CH and am always surprised how popular they are. Sure you can get similar or better in the good old High Street.

My current dressing gown is from Matalan. They have lots of choice and are sooooo cosy. Found this one - £16 and 10% to Breast Cancer Awareness campaign.

Has this helped?

Attachments

• BCA gown.jpg
    BCA gown.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 172
That big zip and the collar look really grannyish, Countess! I'm 35 and although i did find myself thinking "Oooh that looks really cosy," I just can't bring myself to wear something that would age me at least 25 years. When I'm older, I'll buy things like that and they will be very age-appropriate but not just yet!

I am horrified and worried to find that i am actually very tempted by the Carole Hochman TSV. My dressing gown was a wedding present - it's our 6th anniversary this week - and it's getting very very tatty. But surely a woman of my age (ie mid-ish 30s :giggle:) should never be tempted by a bit of terry towelling?

Help me out here, girls, before I do something i regret!

Cheers, CountessK.x

:giggle: Whats your problem.............................If you like it, get it!:clapping:

I have only ever had one dressing gown in microfibre and I found it really odd. Do not get me wrong, it is wonderful plushy and lovely to feel but I always sweated in it and so it was in the wash almost every other day as I could just not stand the thought of putting it back on after I "glowed" in it:blush::blush::blush:

I bought one of her zip up dressing gowns a while ago. It is the best purchase I have ever made from QVC. Yes hubby said I look like a granny but I couldn't care less as it is cosy and hard wearing. I have bought one today for my Mum at Christmas.
Mine is size large and I am a size 16, nice and roomy but not too much so.Worth the money I think as it looks like new still.

I think that all of the CH stuff is a bit 'old' & I'm 52 & still don't want to look aggy! It does look cosy though, I must admit. I'm sure you could find something much nicer on the high street. x

I adore CH's Robes and PJ's, they are so soft and wash so well , I would never buy any other make now.

I have to have a dressing gown with a belt of some kind..otherwise I find it a bit draughty over a loose nightie - can't do PJs, get too warm in bed and slinging off the duvet with these ruddy hot flushes!:sweat:

They just had a caller on who said she likes to wear hers out to the shops - apparantly she gets lots of compliments :cool:

Well, thanks to everyone who tried their best to dissuade me. Alas, my inner old-lady won, and I just ordered it in Pink. Well, if you're going to order such a granny-ish item, you might as well go the whole nine yards, eh?!

My dh can have the slanket now.

Cheers, CountessK.x

Well, thanks to everyone who tried their best to dissuade me. Alas, my inner old-lady won, and I just ordered it in Pink. Well, if you're going to order such a granny-ish item, you might as well go the whole nine yards, eh?!

My dh can have the slanket now.

Cheers, CountessK.x

:blush: I confess CountessK, so did I. I've scoured the high street for ages looking for one without a belt as they make me look like a sack of the proverbial spuds! I just hope I'm not going to look too much like Barbara Cartland in this one.

:blush: I confess CountessK, so did I. I've scoured the high street for ages looking for one without a belt as they make me look like a sack of the proverbial spuds! I just hope I'm not going to look too much like Barbara Cartland in this one.

I can totally assure you that there is no chance of that lol
BC would have had more lace and chiffon added so the garment would have been twice/three times as voluminous (is that a word??)
:grin:

Latest posts

Back