Charlie Brook - a bit on the snide side ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Raven Crow

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that about CB ?
In the Kipling hour with Marie Francois he engineered some sort of in-joke between the two of them and they were trying to control their laughter ... all well & good, but it was done in a way that I feel makes the viewer feel excluded and that there is a bit of gossip going on that we're not in the know about.
I always get the feeling that his delivery has faintly cynical undertones and he's sort of taking the P out of the QVC viewers.

Anyone else agree?

The giggling and "in-joke" went on far too long to feel comfortable for the viewer. I was quite looking forward to watching as it was the first Kipling show I'd had a chance to see all day, apart from 10 mins of the midnight opening. I thought it was all rather irritating and distracting. Not sure if it was Charlie's attempt at a flirtation with M-F - he was definitely deliberately encouraging her to collude with the "joke".

I'm not a fan of his at any time tbh - loves himself too much for me. Anyway the items were pretty dull as far as I could be bothered to watch, so not at all tempted.

It was so embarrassing, I had to turn over, completely spoilt the show.

It's.the.deliberate.pauses.between.each.word.that.drives.me.mad.the.most.though. Hurry up Charlie we don't have all day!

Last edited:
I saw it and wasn't impressed. He's too full of himself and has now moved to the "irritating" category. I switched over.

the boy wonderful ....not! he was clearly flirting with marie francoise even when she tried to stop he carried on

I don't like watching the male presenters present traditionally female products (hand bags, make-up, beauty products), I just don't think it looks right IMO.

IMO Charlie isnt the worst presenter by a long chalk however I did think it went on far too long last night.
But then again they all do that in joke thing , or start a tweet and say that they will tell the guest what is was during the break - that is just plain bad manners.

Actually I prefer the men doing womens items as they dont get all caught up in the silly willy girlieness of it and they do tend to read out sizes early and not talk over guests. I think it may be because they have prepared as they are not sure enough to do in on the hoof so to speak. Anyone who prepares for the show gets a thumb up from me even if they are a bit of a pillock

I think he feels he can do no wrong because he's ********** his way into everyone's good books but the show with MF or what I saw of it was embarrassing.

I have always found Charlie smarmy to the hilt. I don't watch him, if at all possible. I get the idea he is trying too hard to come across as boyish, not happening.

I agree with you 100%, Donna. I wouldn't call him snide in any way; he doesn't, imo, come across as derogatory at all. I get the impression that he wants to be so liked. What I did feel, however, when he proudly said he had three fb followers, he was highlighting the point that he actually has many followers. I don't find this 'poor me' ungenuine attitude attractive whatsoever, and he does it constantly. Anyone who is as self deprecating as he is, is obviously playing the false modesty card for effect, as if he wants, rather than needs, the attention. Whilst he is not one of the presenters I feel impelled to turn off, he has no qualities which endear him to me.

Smarmy, snide and, above all a little bit better than you sad loners watching QVC at home. That's Charlie to me. On a recent show he made some throwaway comment on the hundreds and hundreds of pounds he spent on a tennis racquet (oh, the boredom of Charlie And His Tennis) - he then came back in vision to backtrack on it, saying: 'oh, but it's the only thing I spend money on, it's my main thing and I didn't want to sound boastful etc etc'. Which suggests he has some degree of self-awareness. But not much, if you ask me.

Smarmy, creepy, false and unattractive. Always flirting unecessarily and putting on the "cute little boy" expression. He come across as untrustworthy in my view.

I have always found Charlie smarmy to the hilt. I don't watch him, if at all possible. I get the idea he is trying too hard to come across as boyish, not happening.

Totally agree with you there,Donna.I can't watch him for more than 2 minutes!! He does my head in with his constant 'Here at QVC'......

I feel about Charlie the way our lovely fm Kathy feels about Craig!! ( I quite like Craig,actually).

My 3 turns off are 1)Charlie 2) Jill Franks 3) Sara G

Latest posts

Back