Chloe

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Strato, I have to agree with you on him. He is currently the in-favour poster boy of the Beeb, but I'm not a fan. I've seen him on Dateline London as a contributor, and I wonder what the hell is he wearing a scarf for in the studio ? I can only imagine that's the in-look for the Primrose Hill/Notting Hill BBC fashion brigade. Yes he has this way of speaking as though he's an authority of what he's talking about, ok he might have done his stint as an overseas journalist, but at the end of the day, like the rest of them earning more than the Prime Minister, he's an autocue reader.
He's the new presenter of Mastermind.

If you think Chloe is a problem I take it you haven’t had the pleasure of this new addition 😂😂😂
Oh I’ve seen her, not for me either. Think Julia has been giving her training in the leg kick in the air 😂

Although all round entertainers definitely aren’t my thing (Bruce Forsyth etc) I do like Bradley Walsh on The Chase but dear lord I just want to slap him when he says “what was you before you retired” and umpteen similar.
I enjoy The Chase but sometimes I'm left scratching my head wondering what Bradley Walsh has just said. His scratchy London accent confuses me at times.

Apart from Clive Myrie on BBC1 News at Six - - - his intonation is all wrong, lots of emphasis on the wrong parts of words, and his voice going up and down in the wrong places, which can make serious news sound light-hearted.
Exactly how I felt about Nick Hancock, his intonation was so off he sounded flippant when delivering such grave news. Glad he’s gone.

I saw her the other day. Yeah gods. Her command of English is so poor. Dropping the letter 'g' off all words, shoppin, gettin, buyin, etc., putting random words together to try to make a sentence. She was on with Alexis from L'Occitane, who basically held the show together. She was stumbling around not knowing what was going on saying something had sold out when it hadn't. Overuse of the word 'wow', etc. She basically had very little hold on the show at all. She obviously has had no training, well none that I could see.
She'll get better with experience, if she lasts much longer

So Q have 2 new presenters, I thought Ophelia was the only new one.

When is Julia retiring? She looks dreadful these days.

And yes I also find Chloe unprofessional and annoying.
Sometimes Julia looks tired, but she's lost none of her enthusiasm, it seems. Is she trying a bit too hard to appear bubbly and perky ? I saw her doing high kicks the other day. Why ? Any way, I don't think she should retire. She's a good sales person, if irritating.

A couple of people I know insist on saying "brought" when they mean "bought"- drives me nuts, but how do you pull them up on it without sounding a know all ?
Or saying 'less' instead of 'fewer' eg 'less calories' instead of 'fewer calories'. Also hate when people spell 'your' instead of 'you're' and say you/they 'was' instead of 'were'. I could go on.... Andi Peters once had a rant on QVC about poor grammar

Standards have slipped so much that I'm not upset by poor grammar and pronunciation any more. What does upset me is when sales people wing it (always obvious when they do that so just stop it), get it wrong, don't know what they're talking about and try to bring all the focus onto me, me, me. It's the product, stoopid!

Exactly how I felt about Nick Hancock, his intonation was so off he sounded flippant when delivering such grave news. Glad he’s gone.
I have a list running into treble figures why I hated that creep. We were away the weekend he was pushed onto his sword & in the pub when someone shouted out the news, everyone jumped up & started cheering, punching the air & clapping.

Maybe it’s just me but we have always said something is twice as good or twice the price but now all I hear on TV is two times the price, two times as long etc. Same difference but seems to jar on my ears.

A couple of people I know insist on saying "brought" when they mean "bought"- drives me nuts, but how do you pull them up on it without sounding a know all ?
That's a difficult issue & you could nudge a conversation into the subject of things that irritate you & see if they pick up on the fact they do this but I think you may have to just keep biting your tongue. It also annoys me along with different to when it should be from & autumny. The tat peddlers have always loved adding y onto words, I've heard eveningy said on several occasions.

Cartoon spectacles grammar 236381922_1022282.jpg

She'll get better with experience, if she lasts much longer
Well she couldn't get much worse. The thing is I don't want to see someone who is 'just coping' with presenting. I want to see a professional, who knows their stuff, is interesting and can form sentences that make sense. I don't think that is too much to ask for. She'll probably be at QVC for years Grizelda, annoying me forever. :eek:

Well she couldn't get much worse. The thing is I don't want to see someone who is 'just coping' with presenting. I want to see a professional, who knows their stuff, is interesting and can form sentences that make sense. I don't think that is too much to ask for. She'll probably be at QVC for years Grizelda, annoying me forever. :eek:
Being brutal there isn't anyone on the Q who possesses those four attributes & abilities. Some don't have any of them.

Latest posts

Back