Chloe's Claims

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi all,

If you think that TJC are making claims that cannot be substantiated, there is always the ASA.

I can only go from my experience. I got out my earrings yesterday and checked their colour against my rhapsody ring just in case that I was imagining the quality. I am not an expert and I will only know for sure when I next visit the valuer. I am very happy with my purchase and feel that I got a real bargain.

I watched Chloe on Saturday and I was so upset for her that I wrote to Chloe at TJC to say that I appreciate the job that she does. I am not bothered about Chloe mentioning celebrity names or going to Henley or whatever. I happen to like her style of presenting, it's breezy and funny.

I am mature enough to know that we are all different. I just don't watch the ones that make my toes curl.

Sapphireblue

btw I suffer from dyslexia and if you find spelling mistakes in this post it because I am word blind even with a a spell check.

I'm sure Ms Marshall felt the love from your email and it made it all worth her while carrying on in the face of such adversity. Plus her fat salary and sales commission of course...:cash:

Hi all,

If you think that TJC are making claims that cannot be substantiated, there is always the ASA.

I can only go from my experience. I got out my earrings yesterday and checked their colour against my rhapsody ring just in case that I was imagining the quality. I am not an expert and I will only know for sure when I next visit the valuer. I am very happy with my purchase and feel that I got a real bargain.

I watched Chloe on Saturday and I was so upset for her that I wrote to Chloe at TJC to say that I appreciate the job that she does. I am not bothered about Chloe mentioning celebrity names or going to Henley or whatever. I happen to like her style of presenting, it's breezy and funny.

I am mature enough to know that we are all different. I just don't watch the ones that make my toes curl.

Sapphireblue

btw I suffer from dyslexia and if you find spelling mistakes in this post it because I am word blind even with a a spell check.

Well I am glad that someone else saw Saturday's show. It certainly put things into context.

Good on you Sapphireblue for writing a letter of support!

:clapping:

With apologies for rambling on......

I was just looking at the ASA's website but this seems to be for for Advertising complaints? So would this be the correct regulatory body for reporting misleading and incorrect information given out by presenters on TV shopping channels?

I think the issue here is that Chloe by saying that some viewers have 'found' their New York range pieces to have Rhapsody quality diamonds, she is giving out a not too subtle message to other customers that they also may be fortunate enough to have very high quality diamonds for an ordinary price. Whereas the normal quality of NY range is in the I1/I2 range....I believe, but occasionally stated they are SI ....similar to Iliana?

For anyone who has been most fortunate to receive VS and F colour diamonds, well done indeed, but Chloe (and also any other presenter) should ensure that if they relay what previous customers have told TJC about the unexpected higher quality, then at the same time should mention specifically what the standard quality is supposed to be and what the customer is likely to receive.....imho.

It is a question of balance and being absolutely truthful and clear about what is being sold. We all buy in good faith that what we are being told does not exaggerate nor misrepresent what can be rather pricey items. And diamonds.... of all the gemstones...... need an expert or a very very experienced collector (and their equipment) to see the minute differences in higher quality diamonds.....VS1 / VS2 / SI .....not to mention the colours D, E, F........
confused4.gif

Last edited:
Great post Sacha. The inference that better quality diamonds may be received is totally wrong to say unless specific examples can be substantiated on air. I have only kept one 14K item because it was sold as having Iliana quality diamonds https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=629867 but they also sold the same design with the normal New York grade stones https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=629870 which was less money and rightly so. I was happy to pay a bit more as it was explained clearly what the difference was.

Great post Sacha. The inference that better quality diamonds may be received is totally wrong to say unless specific examples can be substantiated on air. I have only kept one 14K item because it was sold as having Iliana quality diamonds https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=629867 but they also sold the same design with the normal New York grade stones https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=629870 which was less money and rightly so. I was happy to pay a bit more as it was explained clearly what the difference was.

Even if one were to accept Chloe's statement, had you purchased Iliana, would you really want to hear that you may well have wasted your money if the Rhapsody might be just as good? True or otherwise, it's a very strange statement to make that your cheaper range may be just as good as the dearer. Not a good message to send out to Iliana customers, to suggest that what you receive is luck and timing as to whether it's superior to Rhapsody or not.. xxxxxx

Last edited:
I didnt see Saturday's show but if something prompted Sapphireblue to send a message then I think it would be much appreciated,its good to see someone being motivated to do something positive with a chance it might cheer someone up rather than the continual cynicism that often pervades the world.

Last edited:
Was it Saturday that featured a Rachel Galley show because I tuned in to see if there was a pair of heart earrings I liked but caught the tail end of CM whingeing on about something or other that had upset her although it sounded like it was a text?? Then somebody did text in to cheer her up :doh: which elicited gushing thanks from said martyr, my immediate reaction was pass the bucket. :puke: Luckily I grabbed my earrings quite quickly and was able to leave the mutual appreciation society behind and, I have to say, RG's manic faux giggling. :wonder:

Was it Saturday that featured a Rachel Galley show because I tuned in to see if there was a pair of heart earrings I liked but caught the tail end of CM whingeing on about something or other that had upset her although it sounded like it was a text?? Then somebody did text in to cheer her up :doh: which elicited gushing thanks from said martyr, my immediate reaction was pass the bucket. :puke: Luckily I grabbed my earrings quite quickly and was able to leave the mutual appreciation society behind and, I have to say, RG's manic faux giggling. :wonder:

Ah PPC, there is always an element of humour to your posts... :cheeky:

Well, I was watching when she was presenting on her own. Pity you missed it. I don't believe she was looking for sympathy - just telling it like it is.

It must have been a different show then hon. :hi: One whinge is much like another....:emo:

And the connection is.....................

Well I'm now totally er.......:thinking:......bemused! Some of us are talking about PPC's initial post on Friday re. the veracity of claims that Rhapsody diamonds are to be found in some New York items (and simply asking for confirmation/item numbers by TJC) whilst others are talking about an 'emotional event' of Chloe's on Saturday...................:confused2:

Lol I think it veered off course in post 22 Sacha and of course Annettka already thinks I am harbouring a lot of veiled hostility towards Ms Chloe Cole/Jolie/Beckham Marshall, someone should tell her/him I don't do veiled. :mysmilie_62:

Lol I think it veered off course in post 22 Sacha and of course Annettka already thinks I am harbouring a lot of veiled hostility towards Ms Chloe Cole/Jolie/Beckham Marshall, someone should tell her/him I don't do veiled. :mysmilie_62:

Oh 'ugger! I was just about to come in and be frightfully witty, saying that I don't think PPC does that. :happy: xxxxx

Explain how repeating what CM said becomes a personal attack, veiled or otherwise.

For no other reason than your posts in this and numerous other threads are very often directed at Chloe personally?

Your challenge to TJC is to back this specific presenters claims when she is not the only person making them

I don't believe the statement either but it's TJC that needs taking to task not any one particular presenter

Yes many of them are directed at her and that's because I don't like her presenting style and dislike her exagerrated claims even more. If you refer back to my original post you will see that I have asked TJC to back her claims and that will also substantiate the others if any other presenters have said the same. We all have our likes and dislikes on here and it's my prerogative not to like CM, so get over it.

Yes many of them are directed at her and that's because I don't like her presenting style and dislike her exagerrated claims even more. If you refer back to my original post you will see that I have asked TJC to back her claims and that will also substantiate the others if any other presenters have said the same. We all have our likes and dislikes on here and it's my prerogative not to like CM, so get over it.

Nothing to get over actually, always so much agression in your posts, chill out - life's too short:glass:

Hi all

I don't like to see anyone visibly upset after receiving an abusive email or text messages. I am at a loss how this can be described as whining.

Chloe is not alone, a few weeks ago Sara Lou received a text saying that the originator did not like her voice. How could anyone be so mean, of course Sara Lou got on with her job. It's unpleasant to witness.

I watch quite a few shows with Chloe presenting and I have not found any misleading claims made about the New York collection. The obligatory caveat regarding mim grade of diamonds is always stated.

I would not hesitate for a second reporting the presenter to the ASA if I thought that they or the organisation was in any way misleading its audience.

Sapphireblue

Honestly, how many of us shop in Bond Street or go to red carpet functions and does anybody give a fig what a Z list celebrity may be wearing? To be honest that'd be enough to put me off a piece!

Me too!!! I actually find it insulting that they think we're so shallow that we'd buy for that reason!!!!

Latest posts

Back