Christmas candles: what do you burn?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would like to ask anyone who burn all these scents, don't you ever get nose blind ??

I am a rare candle burner, and I get the initial whiff of perfume for an hour or so (Yankee or otherwise), then after that its a bit like air freshener, - nothing. Looks pretty, but the smell doesn't last.
I know what you mean brissles - sometimes after an hour or so I am not so aware but if I go out of the room - even for 5-10 mins - when I come back the fragrance hits all over again. It's a good point though because perhaps if someone is confined to bed or one room maybe smaller jars of different fragrances would be better. Perhaps plug ins would work - a few different fragrances in the room that you can switch off and on as required. I have mine on remote control plugs, they were cheap from Lidl, so I can turn on the downstairs ones before I get out of bed (handy if you don't like sleeping with fragrances)....

Christmas Memories wax tartlets. Unfortunately I am the only person that likes them so I don't burn them for long. I usually buy them in Debenhams in the sales but our store closed down. Failing that daughter usually takes me to the Yankee shop in Bluewater but that didn't happen this year for obvious reasons so I won't be burning /melting anything this year. Oh I do dislike Christmas with a passion.
I know exactly what you mean about Christmas Memories Twirl58. Personally, I love it, but people have in the past commented that it smells like a curry, and weirdly I totally understand where they're coming from.

My favourite Christmas fragrance is probably Candy Cane Forest or Candy Cane Lane.
Forest is part of the cheaper Yankee range and I definitely think it's nicer than the more expensive Lane to be honest and I think Lane might have been discontinued now anyway.

So I have kicked off my Christmas burns with Warm and Cosy which is smashing. I also started the two foodie world journey tumblers of Bavarian Pretzels which is pretty bland and Danish Butter Cookies. Dear God it is like Christmas Cookie on steroids! So Strong! I now have a headache. Of course that may well be because I have been watching the free streaming of 42nd Street and singing along. And applauding. 😨. When we went to see it Sheena Easton was the star name but this had Bonnie Langford and I thought she was great. Go Bonnie! It is free on YouTube for 48hours until 7.30 tomorrow I think. Great stuff.

I discovered a stash of partly burned Xmas candle from last year so am currently burning Bubbly Pomegranate (not technically festive) with Christmas Thyme - loving it - I've also cracked open After Sledding, Surprise Snowfall, Snow Dusted Bayberry, Christmas Eve, Cranberry Peppermint, Felix Navidad and Sugar Frost Christmas 🎄🎄🎄

I haven't smelled Candy Cane Forest and it's about time I did as it sounds lovely. I've not done Christmas burning today, I've put a Moonlight Blossoms in my tart warmer and it's really nice. I previously had Asda's Dancing Leaves cubes and it was a very strong orangey cinnamon which I'm not sure I liked but it was very like Yankee's Sparkling Cinnamon. The other day I had Goose Creek's Lost at Sea and that is one of my new favourites. I used to like Yankee Jack Frost but I think it's discontinued.

CC

I discovered a stash of partly burned Xmas candle from last year so am currently burning Bubbly Pomegranate (not technically festive) with Christmas Thyme - loving it - I've also cracked open After Sledding, Surprise Snowfall, Snow Dusted Bayberry, Christmas Eve, Cranberry Peppermint, Felix Navidad and Sugar Frost Christmas 🎄🎄🎄
I'm now singing Feliz Navidad, I know it's a different spelling but it doesn't take much to give me an ear worm 🎄

I'm now singing Feliz Navidad, I know it's a different spelling but it doesn't take much to give me an ear worm 🎄
You saying that reminds me of last Christmas when my grandchildren came round to decorate the tree with Christmas music playing in the background. It all finished off with them dancing around and signing to Felix Navidad. I’ll treasure that memory.

I took a candle burning holiday over the weekend, but I've resumed today.

Thursday's candle was Snow in Love which doesn't have a great throw. It falls into their fresh and clean scents... if it wasn't for the name, I wouldn't really connect it with winter at all. Nice enough though.
Friday I decided to light a 3 wick Winter botanical candle from The White Company. Mercifully the scent has pretty much departed (I've had it out for a couple of years, which will do that, I suppose) and combined it with Christmas in Paris which is lovely. I claimed this was from Dunelm Mills - no such place! I meant Boundary Mills!
Today I have another Yankee Candle on the go. Peppermint Martini which is not as pungent as I thought it would be - nice way to start the week. Yankee, so far, have a good handle on their mint fragrances - they don't blast you, and manage to be both warm and minty (I know, it's menthol!).
Not sure what the rest of the week holds candle-wise, but I have a festive candle holder and illuma lid to decorate the conventional jars. Beginning to feel somewhat festive!

Its all good fun...going to have a great Christmas lots of fun and the usual bickering and my four grand babies are going to be spoilt this year. Love them so much. Tree is up. Christmas soft toys and pressies under the tree. The window box and the wreath in the front garden festooned with fairy lights. Feliz Navidad x

Latest posts

Back