Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 17/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My worst JML gadget was their battery tin opener, hardly ever worked, and ate batteries.

BTW the best tin opener I've ever owned is the Kuhn Rikon with bottle cap opener. But their ratchet one is hopeless, I can hardly ever get it to work.

I would have thought JML would be more Ideal World than QVC

That’s a misconception with IW, most IW products are better brands than what QVC offer. QVC have IW cast offs too like M Asam and Lancer but charge a lot more for them. QVC have Poundstretcher items with Harrods prices, Aldi buy a lot of items from the same warehouse that QVC does but again doesn’t charge as much.......don’t get me started on QVC postage. 😂

Last year I really wanted the balancing toy but thought it was a bit too expensive.

This year, it is a bit cheaper, and I can afford it, so I bought it.

I know, I know, why do I want a children's toy? But it does look challenging and I like things like that, so there you go lol. And for a solid wood toy, it seems quite good value, having seen the price of other children's toys elsewhere.

And talking about balancing and challenges, I even taught myself to ride a unicycle at a very mature age.

That is very impressive 👏

I've written on here before about how much I love Christmas & the build up fills me with the same delight that I felt when I was a child. However, I can't even imagine writing a list of gifts to consider, let alone alone buying anything, at the moment.

I've written on here before about how much I love Christmas & the build up fills me with the same delight that I felt when I was a child. However, I can't even imagine writing a list of gifts to consider, let alone alone buying anything, at the moment.

Ditto, I used to love saving for my Christmas vouchers and squirrelling away bits and bobs but getting the main presents about November/December, thing is though we don’t know what the situation is going to be in four weeks let alone four months, It’s been a horrible year, and it’s not over yet.

Ditto, I used to love saving for my Christmas vouchers and squirrelling away bits and bobs but getting the main presents about November/December, thing is though we don’t know what the situation is going to be in four weeks let alone four months, It’s been a horrible year, and it’s not over yet.
Shopps, your last sentence says everything & the uncertainty seems to be getting worse. I don't feel that anyone's in charge, except for these scientists who nobody had heard of five months ago & are now suggesting troops on the streets.

Shopps, your last sentence says everything & the uncertainty seems to be getting worse. I don't feel that anyone's in charge, except for these scientists who nobody had heard of five months ago & are now suggesting troops on the streets.

Scary isn’t it T, if someone would’ve told me last year this was going to happen I’d have said you was watching a sci-fi film, but look at us now. ❤️ xxx

I agree.

Nobody until March, had any Clue who Chris Witty was
I'm not sure if he knows who he is himself. I get the feeling that there's a huge amount of competition for funding among these boffins & the economy & real life are coming a poor second & third to that.

What worries me is that depending on what paper you read, or what news channel you watch, there are different scientists saying different things !!! Initially the talking heads on video links were all poo pooing wearing face masks in the first weeks of lockdown, (now we realise it was to save supplies for medics), others were saying they should be worn. Now we have to wear them ! (I've worn one consistently). If the sodding scientists are arguing amongst themselves, we have no chance. I would much prefer them to say "we just dont know" as least we'd get an honest answer.

Everyone has an opinion on the box. The Government should do this, should do that, why haven't they done this, too early, too late. It doesn't matter what colour the government is, they are damned if they dont and damned if they do. As it is, no government in the world has come out of this with any glory, because its an unknown, and everyone is fumbling in the dark. Those who are quick to criticise on the box don't seem to realise this, and I switch off as they annoy me so much.

What worries me is that depending on what paper you read, or what news channel you watch, there are different scientists saying different things !!! Initially the talking heads on video links were all poo pooing wearing face masks in the first weeks of lockdown, (now we realise it was to save supplies for medics), others were saying they should be worn. Now we have to wear them ! (I've worn one consistently). If the sodding scientists are arguing amongst themselves, we have no chance. I would much prefer them to say "we just dont know" as least we'd get an honest answer.

Everyone has an opinion on the box. The Government should do this, should do that, why haven't they done this, too early, too late. It doesn't matter what colour the government is, they are damned if they dont and damned if they do. As it is, no government in the world has come out of this with any glory, because its an unknown, and everyone is fumbling in the dark. Those who are quick to criticise on the box don't seem to realise this, and I switch off as they annoy me so much.

New Zealand seems to have done well under their female PM, I have a Facebook friend there who gives regular updates.

This pandemic has been an unknown quantity to every Country in the World and i fear it`s something we`ll have to live with for a long time to come. I live in the Greater Manchester area and we have recently had further measures placed on us but my specific small town has very low covid figures but because we fall under the Greater Manchester umbrella we are lumped in with everywhere else.
I`ve read all kinds of headlines and can`t make head nor tail of most of them. We can`t have visitors to our homes even if we socially distance from them but we can go to a restaurant or a bar. One of today`s papers is headlining that Boris may ask the over 50`s to isolate but yet all the crowded bars, groups of people meeting in the streets, protests, groups of people congregating in parks etc seem to contain very few over 50`s.
Mr V works as a part time cab driver and the age group he has most trouble with and who don`t like wearing masks or don`t like him telling them they have to sit in the back seat are not the over 50`s and he refuses to take more than 2 passengers at a time, one at either end of the back seat and has been called all sorts of nasty names by them, lots of abuse etc and they weren`t over 50`s either.
I was chatting to someone last week and she quite openly said she never wants to return to working in her office and not because of fear of covid either. She`s been working from home, hasn`t spent money on travelling to and from work, hasn`t been buying lunches from cafes or shops, doesn`t have to bother wearing her work uniform and is working more or less in flexi time instead of set working hours. She reckons she`s saving at least £60 per week on petrol and food and because she`s actually been working and not furloughed she`s been on full pay.

its very difficult to know the figures for our town as we have one of the biggest Covid hospItals here so when a death certificate states Covid as cause of death it is in our numbers despite the deceased coming from many miles away, same with those being tested and treated.

Although some people wear masks, apart from public transport, it isn’t mandatory here (****** ridiculous) so about 50/50 I go to 1 shop per week so not a real problem for me . If I had to wear all day I probably would find it harder.

Getting everyone 50+ to isolate would remove a very large part of the workforce. I can see it being applied to all those who have conditions that put them at risk but losing NHS staff, teachers, local authority workers, retail staff & all other workers would mean the country ceasing to function. I wonder if the politicians & the all powerful SAGE boffins have also considered that it would include them. My Mr T's 62 & is currently away on a climbing trip, the last time he went to the gp was in 1999 when he needed jabs for a trek in Nepal, he's healthier & in better shape than most men half his age so this concept of house arrest based on age is ridiculous. The scientists keep talking about tipping point, I think the people have also reached their tipping point & compliance ain't going to happen.

Latest posts

Back