Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 17/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like that Santa in his plane :giggle: If there's one thing I don't need it's Christmas decorations, I have collected so many over the years and there's no place for more.

This year, the first year for many, mum has agreed that Mr CC and I go to her house this Christmas as my sibling and her family are doing their own thing. I'm hoping it will be a low key affair with some good family time, some laughs and not spending a fortune. As the grandchildren (hers) are all grown up now we're going to make it all about the dogs who still act like excited children when the presents come out and a dog sized turkey dinner gets wolfed down in 2.6 nano seconds. Should be fun.

CC

Obie inhales his Christmas dinner. Most dinners in fact. He has one of those 'bobble bowls' to slow things down.

Wish I'd seen that. I'm surprised the ever bossy boots (more than Ms Cleeve) didn't bop him on the head for interrupting and stub him out like a used cigarette
😂😂

Simon Biagi, annoying as ever, kept interrupting Sara Davies with the Christmas card crafting kit saying it would make a great Christmas gift. Of course it would. You’d want to sit down on Christmas morning to make your cards and then distribute them.
😂😂

IMO they need to really look at the type of &&&&heads who gather in groups and do things like karaoke sharing mikes, go to raves etc, and herd them up into camps for 3 months and leave the rest of us to get on with sorting this out.

YEP ! AND not forgetting certain communities who accept death in their culture as 'written in the stars', don't adhere to the rules, and so to hell with the rest of us. 😈😈 - except of course when one of their number is sick and then its a race to the hospital and the "written in the stars" has gone out of the window !

I like a wee drinky myself but think they need to ration it where groups are concerned. As they say when drink is in wit is out. After a load of drink any tiny idea of SD goes out the window.

Obie inhales his Christmas dinner. Most dinners in fact. He has one of those 'bobble bowls' to slow things down.
Aha, yes, Lizzie (mum's spaniel) has one of these and she still manages to gobble it all down before press ganging Bry out of what's left of his dinner. It's a spaniel thing :sneaky: Don't ever leave your bit of cake on the arm of your chair either while you nip to the loo. You'll be faced not with crumbs but a freshly pre- dish washed plate. Hmmmm.

CC

IMO they need to really look at the type of &&&&heads who gather in groups and do things like karaoke sharing mikes, go to raves etc, and herd them up into camps for 3 months and leave the rest of us to get on with sorting this out.
Don't get me started!!!!!! I can no longer watch reports on crowded beaches and protests in the middle of London where everyone is rammed together! And then if they catch the ****** virus it will be all Poor Old Me, not Stupid Me for Acting Like An Idiot! Grrrr. Now I am not totally convinced by the efficacy of masks, although that hasn't stopped me buying a shedload!, but if the law says wear one on a bus or in a shop etc then I shall. And you would never get me to go on a crowded beach. Why are these mass gatherings not being broken up.

The trouble was IMVHO the lockdown has never been properly imposed. I remember reading a column by a Rome Correspondent in the Sunday Times and he said by law he was only allowed to go out in his post code to do essential shopping.

Had to abandon that post as the Nurse came!
I was going to add that obviously the post codes in Rome aren't like those in London, where mine is actually just my block of flats! But perhaps I would have been restricted to Putney or Wandsworth at a push. It certainly wouldn't have stretched to Barnard Castle, let's put it that way!!! And their Parisian correspondent was out running with a friend and they sat at opposite ends of a bench for a breather. I think they each got a E100 fine! Well we have never done that have we, not to any extent. And certainly not on Bournemouth beach. So in my view it has all been brought in too late and ineffectively imposed. And as for now picking on the over 50s, well your blood just boils doesn't it?

Aha, yes, Lizzie (mum's spaniel) has one of these and she still manages to gobble it all down before press ganging Bry out of what's left of his dinner. It's a spaniel thing :sneaky: Don't ever leave your bit of cake on the arm of your chair either while you nip to the loo. You'll be faced not with crumbs but a freshly pre- dish washed plate. Hmmmm.

CC

Poor Bry! Someone needs to have a word with 'Lizzie the hun'/Mad Lizzie/lizzie the terror (choisir)

'Press Ganging':love: - I thought I was the only one who used that

Cake/biccie error. Schoolgirl in status, done many times.

Due to the size and shape of the store I work in we have to limit the amount of customers to a maximum of eight adults plus any offspring they have with them.
When we try to enforce this we are often subject to abuse, the other day a 'gentleman' wanted to come in, I explained that we were at maximum capacity and would he please wait for a few moments he told me 'I'll take my money elsewhere you fat slag'
I am 63, I would have put his age at 55.
Sadly the kindness we hoped for didn't happen, it seems that the general public now find it perfectly acceptable to take their frustrations out on shop staff, I have worked in retailing since my first Saturday job fifty years ago and I have had my share of rude customers but since we reopened after furlough it is the worse it has ever been.

SSue I was always of the opinion if people are f&&heads before lockdown they weren’t going to be any better afterwards. In this mans case he probably wouldn’t have bought anything but I’ll bet he was out on aThursdsy clapping like a kipper for all to see.

the only plus I am seeing is perhaps neighbours who kept to themselves like our area became a little more outgoing but even that seems to have waned a bit possibly due to bad weather/back to work.

TSV Update

17th Bell & Howell 4 Piece Magnifying Ballpoint Pens with Light
A gift boxed sperm lamp to what the heck now flipping magnifying light up pens :geek: 😵:unsure::LOL:

Four piece???....Four gift boxed pens then...That light up and magnify😲

Oh my word if that’s the best these Q buyers, that are supposed to have the buying power can come up with then they’d better stick with the usual rubbish.

Do people really frequently use pens these days ? Folks no longer write cheques, hand written letters are almost a thing of the past, nobody turns the house upside down looking for a pen to do their spot the ball entry or their Littlewoods pools and even birthday cards can be ordered online and sent directly to the recipient. Shopping lists are kept on phones, addresses, postcodes, directions or phone numbers are sent by text or on sat nav, many people donate to charity instead of paying almost £1 to post each Christmas card and even school kids/students do almost everything on a computer. You don`t even need a pen when you go into banks these days, paying in and drawing out money is all done using your card. So apart from perhaps having a crossword/puzzle fan in the house, I figure these pens along with any other pens will be stuck in a drawer or wherever the pen graveyard happens to be in your house.

I must be old-fashioned because I use a diary, use paper for my shopping lists, never send e-cards as I prefer proper cards and I occasionally write letters, BUT I don’t need a pen with a light and magnifying glass to do those things. What an odd TSV. 😳

This TSV has reminded me of the pens they used to sell years ago which they used to demonstrate how indestructible the nibs were by piercing drink cans. They were always on.

I used to write to an elderly Aunt and her idea of technology was a fountain pen which used ink cartridges rather than one you had to fill from an ink bottle. When I first began my last job we had big leather bound office diaries, paper memos, I had a filofax which listed appointments, meetings, names and phone numbers and client details were kept on index cards and filed away in a cabinet. By the time I retired memos were sent globally around the building by email and everything else was computerised.
I miss writing those letters to Aunt M who has now passed to the other side, much the same as I used to send her phtographs of my kids/dogs/holidays which were taken on an actual camera and developed at the local chemist which are now done by people on a phone and either texted to others or uploaded to a computer.
Ah well that`s how it goes these days, instant everything, at one time you had to wait a week for results of a pregnancy test and now you pee on a stick in your tea break and go out buying baby clothes by your lunch break !
Even do it yourself divorces can be done online if both parties agree and you could be married in May and single by Christmas all with the click of a mouse. Sheesh how things have changed.

TSV Update

17th Bell & Howell 4 Piece Magnifying Ballpoint Pens with Light

I know it's not a Christmas gift but I ordered a Bell & Howell usb fan a few days ago..in typical fashion it turned up just when the heatwave broke...but it's as amazing as I hoped it would be it folds up small and has a telescopic stem meaning you can use it as a desk or floor fan. A full charge gives up to 10 hours on low setting and it will work whilst being charged. Even on top whack it's quiet and can be taken anywhere..totally impressed for once. As for pens, I use them for work all the time but tend to lose them so only use crappy ones for work. I do crosswords regularly and do use a notebook..so handy for me. Depends what they look like and how much they cost I guess.

I know it's not a Christmas gift but I ordered a Bell & Howell usb fan a few days ago..in typical fashion it turned up just when the heatwave broke...but it's as amazing as I hoped it would be it folds up small and has a telescopic stem meaning you can use it as a desk or floor fan. A full charge gives up to 10 hours on low setting and it will work whilst being charged. Even on top whack it's quiet and can be taken anywhere..totally impressed for once. As for pens, I use them for work all the time but tend to lose them so only use crappy ones for work. I do crosswords regularly and do use a notebook..so handy for me. Depends what they look like and how much they cost I guess.

they are going to be about £4 each plus post

I would have loved this as a kid. I used to have one of those invisible ink pens and a spy kit :) I also had a big pen with about 10 or more colours in it and you had to push down the colour you wanted with a button on the big end of it (ooer). My dream present at Christmas was a new wallet of 50 felt tip pens and a roll of lining paper to do all my "artwork" on. I was always a cheap date lol.

CC

Latest posts

Back