Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 17/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it’s only graphics but would Christmas trees cut out of watermelon or a pink duck/flamingo (so bad I can’t tell exactly say what it is supposed to,be) scream Christmas to you? Well it does to Q, one on main webshite and the other on Arsebook .

Maybe it’s just me.

I was tempted because (as you know) I am a gadget freak!

But then I realised that the refills would be very short, and would last a fraction of the time of a normal refill, especially as they write very thick (about twice that of a normal ballpoint).

I did a google search to see if they were available, but couldn't find anything.

I've submitted a question about this on their website, which will probably appear in a few days time when the TSV is finished (as always happens) and QVC will probably not answer it anyway (they rarely do).

What a shambles!

They refused to post my question.

It was perfectly innocuous, I wish I'd posted it here as well to see what you think. But it has gone, so I can't even edit it for resubmission.

What a shambles.

I've just seen this!!!! I'm so shocked (or not) it's almost laughable, (but not for you, obvs)

Whereabouts is this shop in the country?
Mr B was received a text calling him an 'arsehole weirdo' but with incorrect spelling. Because he didn't buy their dodgy car, long story. Anyway, we found this hilarious, don't know why.

It's in West Norfolk, unfortunately it seems that people who work in stores are now the targets for people to vent their frustrations on.

In my company we have a sign at the door asking people to wear face masks but we do not police it, the instruction is 'do not ask, do not judge' which I believe is the correct approach.

Sadly every day a shop worker is assaulted, if we had to enforce the face mask rule we would be inviting abuse and possibly physical injury.

If wearing face masks in stores is the law then it needs to be enforced by the people who are paid and trained to enforce the law...the police, who have the tools to do the job and the protection of wearing a stab vest, not the store staff who's only only tool is a pen and who's protective clothing is a polo top and a plastic name badge

No, don’t get it, £19 for four pens 😜 seen similar for £1.50 in B&M. That’s unless it’s a magic pen that is, were the ink never runs out, when it does what are you going to do with them, buy a little torch if you want a torch and a little magnifying glass if you want a magnifying glass, honestly the items QVC sell now are beyond the usual two words.

Just noticed it says you don’t have to reach for the torch on your phone to see the menu if eating out, but wouldn’t you just be doing the same reaching for the torch on your £5 pen? Honestly.........🤔

Maybe they think you’ll have it welded to your palm for every eventuality. Surprised it’s not on a necklace as it’s so multifunctional :unsure:🎄🤪 Whatever happened to that old Christmas staple soap on a rope?

Maybe they think you’ll have it welded to your palm for every eventuality. Surprised it’s not on a necklace as it’s so multifunctional :unsure:🎄🤪 Whatever happened to that old Christmas staple soap on a rope?

Ahhh soap on a rope, how very retro or in QVCs world, very modern 😂

I bet they could kick themselves they never thought of putting the pen on a necklace. 😂

CC those were the days when as children we did not aspire to anything which would send our parents and their credit cards ( not that they had them!) into meltdown as to how they were going to afford the wants of their little darlings.

I also had the thought that some of the "gifts" they do for £20 and under...make the potential buyer think wow that's pretty good may as well just bung it in the basket for that price. This is what I almost did myself, it was late at night so I wasn't thinking straight anyway, (think a few are caught out like this) but I'm glad to say that I came to my senses in the nick of time. No it wouldn't have been a major disaster if I had of done, but I'd have been cross with myself for buying something I'd have definitely walked past in a shop, something I don't need or particularly want. It's an ok secret santa present or a stocking filler but that's about it. I'm looking for proper gift solutions - This isn't one. It sold out very quickly and I'm sure a lot of people are thinking silly me what a waste of money, but like I said not a lot of money to worry about, doubt if people will bother to return. This is a proper money spinner for the Q...more tat like this on the way no doubt!

Ahhh soap on a rope, how very retro or in QVCs world, very modern 😂

I bet they could kick themselves they never thought of putting the pen on a necklace. 😂
Aaaah soap on a rope reminds me of Avon Pretty Peach items. I once got some as part of my Christmas presents. My Mum had a friend who was an Avon rep and she was always buying bits and pieces. I recall the soap was (obviously) shaped like a peach and the other items had lids with little peaches on top. I thought I was ever so grown up when I got them.
My Mum used to buy jars of their cream perfume. It looked like face cream but it was actually a perfume and you rubbed it on your neck etc. I remember some of the jars were very pretty. Another Avon item she regularly bought were big bottles of bubble bath which was one up from washing up liquid because it was quite harsh, you came out of the bath wrinkled like a prune.
I haven`t bought anything Avon for donkeys years but I can imagine they`ve upped their game since the early 1960`s when Mum used to buy it.

Aaaah soap on a rope reminds me of Avon Pretty Peach items. I once got some as part of my Christmas presents. My Mum had a friend who was an Avon rep and she was always buying bits and pieces. I recall the soap was (obviously) shaped like a peach and the other items had lids with little peaches on top. I thought I was ever so grown up when I got them.
My Mum used to buy jars of their cream perfume. It looked like face cream but it was actually a perfume and you rubbed it on your neck etc. I remember some of the jars were very pretty. Another Avon item she regularly bought were big bottles of bubble bath which was one up from washing up liquid because it was quite harsh, you came out of the bath wrinkled like a prune.
I haven`t bought anything Avon for donkeys years but I can imagine they`ve upped their game since the early 1960`s when Mum used to buy it.

Yep my mum used to buy those too...I think they were called "crème sachet" and was available in all of their scents. I also had pretty peach perfume when I was a kid. Used to buy a lot from them in my late teens/early 20's. The perfumes always held their scent..Used to love Odyssey and tranquil moments bath products were to die for especially the mauve soap in the range. Ended up buying clothes from them and the quality was amazing..though they weren't that cheap. Haven't had a rep for years and not the same ordering online..I used to love browsing the catalogue!

I loved their T shirt bras £5 and wash well. I was buying them up until about 3 years ago and am still wearing them as they are the only ones I get a good fit so I bought a couple every time a work colleague brought the catalogue in especially if the had an offer on. They stopped my size but I had a good stock so it’s only recently I’ve been on the hunt (unsuccessfully) for replacements.

Wow, that's a long time ago! I used to get the Pretty Peach things every year as well, that must have been the 60's or 70's. Now it's L'occitane or MB at probably 100 times the price.

CC

Well, the reviews for the pens are in, and they're as dire as most of us were expecting....

My PC won't display the reviews (shambolic coding of QVC website) but I can read the questions.

Apparently they are NOT REFILLABLE so a throwaway item when they run out (probably very quickly because the refills are very small and they write very thickly).

I asked this question myself but it was rejected.

well thats different to what someone i know was told

"we have spoken to the supplier of the item and they have confirmed the refills are universal and standard; 2.75” = 70cm, 0.7mm and can be purchased from most stationary stores."

I've now read the reviews (on my ipad) and they are dreadful.

No 5 star or even 4 star reviews, and nearly all one star.

It is so annoying that lots of people won't be returning them because of the cost of the postage, but I think they can get their original postage back if they ask, but they probably don't know this.

So QVC get away with selling completely rubbishy items, and make millions because people don't bother to return them.

BTW I buy extremely good quality "clicky-button" pens from Tesco at £1 for a THREE-PACK!

BTW (again) I have also bought some extremely low-quality rubbishy gadgets from QVC, so I am more careful now, and didn't buy the pens, even though I was tempted.

well thats different to what someone i know was told

"we have spoken to the supplier of the item and they have confirmed the refills are universal and standard; 2.75” = 70cm, 0.7mm and can be purchased from most stationary stores."

0.7mm is a standard nib size, these are NOT 0.7 but almost twice as thick, so won't even last long.

And I spent ages looking for refills online, without success.

But in any case, it seems that the refills cannot even be removed to replace them.

I've now read the reviews (on my ipad) and they are dreadful.

No 5 star or even 4 star reviews, and nearly all one star.

It is so annoying that lots of people won't be returning them because of the cost of the postage, but I think they can get their original postage back if they ask, but they probably don't know this.

So QVC get away with selling completely rubbishy items, and make millions because people don't bother to return them.

BTW I buy extremely good quality "clicky-button" pens from Tesco at £1 for a THREE-PACK!

BTW (again) I have also bought some extremely low-quality rubbishy gadgets from QVC, so I am more careful now, and didn't buy the pens, even though I was tempted.
People who don’t return things make my blood boil! If something is rubbish then return it even if you are only going to be marginally in pocket by doing that. Ok I get that some people might struggle to get to a post office, but even if if was only going to gain a fiver by returning something that wasn’t satisfactory the I would return it.

Latest posts

Back