Christmas in July TSV 23/07/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Don`t laugh but I`ve already given my oldest son his Christmas present. He`s coming up to 28 years in the Army this month and when he was here the other week he said he was going to get himself one of the old style traditional deckchairs for when he retires from the Army at 30 years service and because he has 2 hormonal teenage daughters plus his wife showing signs of starting the menopause, he was going to deck out one of their sheds as his own personal bolthole.
I found a company which does solid wood deckchairs but they will also personalise them so I had the chair canvas done in Army green with a Union Jack flag, his name and also his 2 regimental Latin mottos for the Royal Signal Regt and The Parachute regt, both of which he serves in.
I was going to hang onto it until December but then I thought he wouldn`t get any use out of it until this time next year so he may as well be using it especially as holidays are more or less out of the question.
I gave it to him on Sunday and he was over the moon with it and when I said it was his early Christmas gift he said Mum I`m 45 not 5 and stopped believing in Santa years ago so I`ll hardly be bothered Christmas has come early.

……. plus his wife showing signs of starting the menopause,
Cartoon cats many paws menopause 217672389_437460887.png

Don`t laugh but I`ve already given my oldest son his Christmas present. He`s coming up to 28 years in the Army this month and when he was here the other week he said he was going to get himself one of the old style traditional deckchairs for when he retires from the Army at 30 years service and because he has 2 hormonal teenage daughters plus his wife showing signs of starting the menopause, he was going to deck out one of their sheds as his own personal bolthole.
I found a company which does solid wood deckchairs but they will also personalise them so I had the chair canvas done in Army green with a Union Jack flag, his name and also his 2 regimental Latin mottos for the Royal Signal Regt and The Parachute regt, both of which he serves in.
I was going to hang onto it until December but then I thought he wouldn`t get any use out of it until this time next year so he may as well be using it especially as holidays are more or less out of the question.
I gave it to him on Sunday and he was over the moon with it and when I said it was his early Christmas gift he said Mum I`m 45 not 5 and stopped believing in Santa years ago so I`ll hardly be bothered Christmas has come early.
What a fantastic gift, Vienna.

How lovely Vienna 😊I know a lady who has had Christmas last Saturday … her family apart since last September so they celebrated now instead bless them

I will say … I’ve got to stop moaning .. some people won’t see Christmas this year … .. We had no real Christmas last year .. most difficult time not to see family as we all know so … I’m going to embrace it all …. As much as covid allows xxx
I live every Christmas as though it's my last, because one year it will be just that. Ignoring covid last Christmas was very different because my Mr T had been through two operations for torn retinas & a severe reaction to the medication that meant a blue light race to A&E two weeks earlier & he was still wobbly. Decorations were up, gifts bought & posted but I didn't do all the baking I usually do & obviously there weren't any parties, Christmas markets or visitors but it was the most relaxed holiday we'd ever known & really lovely.

Luxform Indoor/Outdoor 3D Effect LED Rotating 60cm Pyramid
Item Number: 813022
QVC Price £29.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.98
P&P £3.95

This Luxform pyramid is pre-lit with rotating LED lights and features a special effect that has amazing glowing and moving 3D stars or fireflies. Perfect for Christmas and all year round, you can enjoy a beautiful light show inside or outside, whatever the season.

Light it your way - this easy-to-use pyramid is battery operated, so there are no messy wires to get in the way. It comes with a remote control and features a handy timer with four or six-hour settings, so you can simply set it to light up your home, fuss-free! You can enjoy the effects in many different ways too - choose between static and rotate functions depending on the look you're going for.

Take your pick - the pyramid comes in Warm White or Multi-Coloured light options and you can choose between two striking designs, Star or Firefly effect to give you an amazing display at any time.

Inside or out? - this versatile design can be used indoors and out. Place it in any room of your home to create a fabulous light show the whole family can enjoy or try taking it outdoors to illuminate your porch - the light rotation will look amazing outside!

• On/Off switch on base
  • Requires 3 x AA batteries and 1 x button cell battery (included)

What's in the box?

• Pyramid (l x w x h): 12cm x 12cm x 60cm (4.7" x 4.7" x 23.6")
  • Remote control - enables multiple settings and Timer function

Design options:

• Warm White - Star
  • Warm White - Firefly
  • Multi Colour - Star
  • Multi Colour - Firefly

All measurements are approximate

I missed it too, I was watching the darts. I quite like them and mum might like one for her front window. I'll have a look tomorrow and see. We're not at home this Christmas though so maybe a waste of money.

CC

Just went for another look and the firefly has sold out, which is the one I liked. A bit disappointing to have a whole day of TSV when one choice has already gone before the first airing of the day. Might get more stock in I suppose but I'm afraid I've now lost interest :mad:

CC

Latest posts

Back