Christmas in July!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr tom

Registered Shopper
I know it's a regular fixture on qvc and shopping tv in general but was surprised to see there wasn't a thread commenting on it. (apologies if there was/is and I have missed it)

I consider myself quite fair towards shopping tv and it's presenters but if I have to hear the words ''chase me'' in reference to that coffee table light game one more time, I think I may punch myself in the face. I know I can simply turn over, but I shouldn't have to, when I can just vent about it instead.

Oh erm... happy Christmas in July everyone !!

I think Q have toned it down a bit this year.Last year it was wall to wall promos for Christmas in July and drove lots of us nuts.Maybe they got the message.

Im avoiding it but to be honest I don't watch as much shopping telly as I used to , just tend to channel hop .

Last edited:
Maybe there's no thread Mr Tom as no one is watching it. I know I turned over as soon as I realized what was on QVC today. Most of it is the same old tat that has been shown year after year.

No, I am not watching either - I hate Christmas in July - find it very depressing.

I think Q have toned it down a bit this year.Last year it was wall to wall promos for Christmas in July and drove lots of us nuts.Maybe they got the message.

Im avoiding it but to be honest I don't watch as much shopping telly as I used to , just tend to channel hop .

I agree with that, it is definitely more low key than I remember.

Maybe there's no thread Mr Tom as no one is watching it. I know I turned over as soon as I realized what was on QVC today. Most of it is the same old tat that has been shown year after year.

I was shocked to put it on there at midnight to find it wasn't beauty, jewellery or dyson.

I don't watch much QVC now and forgot Christmas in July was on, I was surprised to see it's not a two day event like it normally is, I say event what I actually mean is, when the clearance and last clicks prices suddenly revert back to the normal price with the "Christmas in July" title attached instead.

I don't watch much QVC now and forgot Christmas in July was on, I was surprised to see it's not a two day event like it normally is, I say event what I actually mean is, when the clearance and last clicks prices suddenly revert back to the normal price with the "Christmas in July" title attached instead.

I know the V in qvc no longer stands for value.

My money is safe today I won't be watching for even a second.I know a lot of people love the Christmas build up EVEN in July.I hate it! not that I don't like Christmas I have spent lovely times in Spain for many years now it is just the excuse to hijack the celebrations to sell, sell, sell--- people get into debt because of the expectations via all this hype.For me that is not what Christmas is about.If it's for you then I'll leave you to enjoy.

You're right - Christmas is about giving but retailers have hijacked it for profit.

every time i switch it on there seems to be something "Frozen" on there... that film is a few years old now... get up to date Q!

I am not an Xmas fan but I am a Yankee fan so have set the recorder for those. Only for interest mind! I have just checked and now they are doing festive food!!! Now as I regularly get in a grump when mince pies appear in October I have immediately switched back to the News!

There is nothing in Q`s supposed Christmas programme which I would actually want to buy. It resembles nothing but a clear out sale of last year`s leftovers.

Latest posts

Back