Christmas TSV 23/09/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, I remember the 3-day week. I was at school, and we kept hoping they would let us go home.šŸ˜‚ No.

We also had the Workers' Strike here in N.I. It was all to do with power-sharing, yes really. So electric was turned off and the gas supply as well. My dad was cooking outside in the yard on the thing that the coal sat on in the fire place. Yes, pots boiling with potatoes etc in them. The shops were shut you had to queue up for bread and milk etc. Go to the local Orange Hall and ask the UDA to get coal delivered to your house. Roads blocked to stop people who wanted to go to work from doing so.

I was thinking this year of not buying turkey, but going for beef or even veggie beef wellington. M&S do stuffed chicken slices and I even though a packet of those and just roast my potatoes will do.

I have all my presents apart from my aunt bought throughout the year. My aunt gets biscuits and chocolates.

Then of course the excitement of the Ā£100 voucher we are getting. Yes, it opens on the 27th for applying, you have to be on the electoral list to apply. Cannot use it online only in shops, I asked in Boots on Saturday could I use it there, and it was yes and also House of Fraser yes again.
The latest Any Questions came from Newquay NI, and the opposing party's spokesmen almost came to blows. Nothing ever seems to change in NI :(

Have just returned from Costco, and today's tsv are in there at Ā£299, so this would appear to be a good deal for those that want it.

Have just returned from Costco, and today's tsv are in there at Ā£299, so this would appear to be a good deal for those that want it.
The Pacman machine. I tell you what I really want to buy it but sitting on my hands

Oh, I remember the 3-day week. I was at school, and we kept hoping they would let us go home.šŸ˜‚ No.

We also had the Workers' Strike here in N.I. It was all to do with power-sharing, yes really. So electric was turned off and the gas supply as well. My dad was cooking outside in the yard on the thing that the coal sat on in the fire place. Yes, pots boiling with potatoes etc in them.
My mum used to heat stuff by putting a saucepan on top of the paraffin heater.
Donā€™t suppose thereā€™re are many children these days who are sent on an errand to collect a gallon of paraffin; guessing Health and Safety would have something to say about it.

Donā€™t suppose thereā€™re are many children these days who are sent on an errand to collect a gallon of paraffin; guessing Health and Safety would have something to say about it.
I did back in the 60's blue or pink. Those were the days. Never did me any harm. Going to the corner shop on my own knee high to a grass hopper. Me and my younger brother. Lovely times.

There used to be big advertising campaigns about whether blue (Esso) was better than pink.

And every hardware shop sold it. Now I don't even know where to buy it.

Latest posts

Back