Chunk of Devon 🥟

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
The guy who co owns it was on 'Andi's food fest' with the latter & Dale few weeks ago. Andi said something cheeky the Chunk of Devon guy gave him the finger🖕. Bit of a loose cannon that one! I like Andi and he didn't say anything offensive really,Dale nearly choked on a chunk😮 ! It makes me smile when Flinty presents it,she's a bit of a chunk FROM Devon...bless😉

To each their own! It would take the patience of a saint to put up with Andi Peters' nonsense without retaliation, imo. It will probably not help them get further appearances on QVC, though as AP does love to throw his weight around and lord it over other guests.

The guy who co owns it was on 'Andi's food fest' with the latter & Dale few weeks ago. Andi said something cheeky the Chunk of Devon guy gave him the finger🖕. Bit of a loose cannon that one! I like Andi and he didn't say anything offensive really,Dale nearly choked on a chunk😮 ! It makes me smile when Flinty presents it,she's a bit of a chunk FROM Devon...bless😉

The bit is bold. Peters is a twat full stop! Celeb Masterchef he comes on as a judge not this year thankfully. Never actually won but when judging others never has a good thing to say about their food, whilst the other judges enjoy and praise. In his head, he is a food expert. No sweetie, just an ex children's presenter.

Yeah what's happened to AP? I liked him in the broom cupboard lol! Somehow he's turned into an anal retentive little twonk! On a different note, when I see pies being sold on the channels, it always makes me hanker after having one...so I'll go to the supermarket and buy the best looking, deepest looking, most expensive one I can get my hands on and am always disappointed. Can't be doing with ordering food from a shopping channel though...perhaps I should look out for local farm shops/ businesses that make their own pies.

I think when you hanker after food it never really lives up to expectation, and we never learn, we fall for it every time.

With pies I find I either like the crust but not the filling or visa versa - it’s hard to get them both perfect. Bit of a quiche person myself.

I don't eat mass produced pastry, in fact I can't think of the last time I ate a pie, quiche or tart. My mum made the best pastry I've ever eaten & her sweet pastry included a small amount of custard powder which gave it the most lovely colour. When we were put under house arrest I couldn't be fussed with queuing so we changed the way we shopped, for the better, & buy a fair amount from a farm shop; they don't make their own bread or pastries but the guy who delivers them does & my Mr T says their the best he's eaten apart from my mum's. I think AP's obnoxious &, considering he's 50, very immature. I stopped my daughters watching the broom cupboard links between programmes because both he & Edd the Duck were so unpleasant & bad influences.
'Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells'.

Last edited:
I seriously dislike him as well. He is just always there with the snide comments. And as for his routine with Dale, I don't find it high comedy. To me it comes close to bullying! OK it is no doubt agreed in advance but the way it comes over is unsettling to me. If I were Dale I would have punched him at times!

The bit is bold. Peters is a twat full stop! Celeb Masterchef he comes on as a judge not this year thankfully. Never actually won but when judging others never has a good thing to say about their food, whilst the other judges enjoy and praise. In his head, he is a food expert. No sweetie, just an ex children's presenter.
I'm sensing a dislike for AP? Not everyone's cup of tea granted.Be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing😉

I'm no fan of AP, I find him beyond rude. When Mary Berry was a judge on bake off she would always find something nice to say to the contestant, even if it their bake was a complete disaster. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.

I'm no fan of AP, I find him beyond rude. When Mary Berry was a judge on bake off she would always find something nice to say to the contestant, even if it their bake was a complete disaster. If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
Don't watch bake off but,has MB left now? Probs a bit too boring.

I'm sensing a dislike for AP? Not everyone's cup of tea granted.Be a pretty boring world if we all liked the same thing😉
Exactly- which is why this forum is good, you can say your thoughts and no one will say you can’t. We don’t agree on many things, the one thing no one argues about is the awfulness of Q!

i detest a Chunts with a passion but if I dared to say it on Arsebook I would be drummed out of town.

Exactly- which is why this forum is good, you can say your thoughts and no one will say you can’t. We don’t agree on many things, the one thing no one argues about is the awfulness of Q!

i detest a Chunts with a passion but if I dared to say it on Arsebook I would be drummed out of town.
I've said many things on the Facebook page and will continue to do so,mainly regarding the woeful KT.

Prue Leith replaced MB a couple of years ago, with Sandi Toksvig and Noel Fielding replacing Mel & Sue. Sandi has now left and the next series will have Mat lucus in her place.

I may not watch as PH is a &&& and I’m not a fan of Mat Lucas.
Sounds horrendous, I'll stick to the off switch then😉

Yesterday I was reading a magazine of Christmas cooking (gees its only August!) and saw a recipe for mincemeat brownies both of which Mr L loves. I had assumed it was just mincemeat in the middle of a brownie but it was full mince pies covered in brownie mixture.

Anyone tried this?

Latest posts

Back