Chunts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julia was always the same shape going back over the years, though insisting she was a small. Alison looked very different, very tiny and thin. You never hear her now talking about being up at 5 am and mucking out the horses. So her lifestyle has changed. But time passes the menopause hits and your body shape changes, unless of course you are certain women who excise like mad over the years to manage what they eat all the time and never put weight on. Simple pick your face or your hips as you get over, you look better with a bit of beef on.

Just watching JR on QExtra with Ruth Langsford and I must say Julia looks quite slim. Not sure if it is an old recorded show or a recent one.

Yes, AY has an underactive thyroid for many years now. But should have the correct level of meds to control it. As you get checked to make sure you are doing okay. It is very hard to lose weight with an underactive thyroid. Your hair gets thin, and her hair looks thick. It was mentioned a few years back she had arthritis as far as I remember? It was in a magazine, I swear it was mentioned on here.

Yes, AY has an underactive thyroid for many years now. But should have the correct level of meds to control it. As you get checked to make sure you are doing okay. It is very hard to lose weight with an underactive thyroid. Your hair gets thin, and her hair looks thick. It was mentioned a few years back she had arthritis as far as I remember? It was in a magazine, I swear it was mentioned on here.
I do like a challenge….found it. Post number 12 on this thread for link

Getting thyroid medication right can be a constant battle. I have no direct experience, but a close friend does. It's regularly back to the endocrinologist for tests and adjustments to the doseage.
It depends what the thyroid problem is. My friend's is auto-immune, which I imagine is even more unpredictable.

During all the lockdowns, it appeared that AY was shielding, which could be an indicator of an auto-immune health issue, couldn't it?

Caught her on Wednesday in the tracksuit look, she did not look as heavy as when she wears the floating dresses. Her eye bags and wrinkles are awful. She always did have eye bags, but so much more now. So all the creams she is selling not working.

I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in 2015, but have regular blood tests to check my T3 and T4 levels. I started on a 50mg tablet and am now on a 100mg one. It is essential to be taking the correct dosage and it can change if the blood test results flag anything up.

My only symptoms were dry skin (now sorted,) a feeling of lethargy (which I put down to having just retired from 42 years of teaching) and the need for more fibre in my diet (if you follow my drift 😉.) All have now been sorted through being prescribed the correct dosage, although I know that could change.

My hair is finer, which can happen with age anyway) but I, thankfully, haven’t developed a puffy looking face. It is more difficult to lose weight with an underactive thyroid but, thereagain, that’s often the case as we get older.

I had overactive, which they were going to kill off. My big brother got in done. He said you could not use public toilets for a while as your pee was radioactive. My hair and nails grew faster. I didn't get blasted and over time it has gone to very slightly under but not enough to get on the meds. Actually, I stopped going for the blood tests.

I had overactive, which they were going to kill off. My big brother got in done. He said you could not use public toilets for a while as your pee was radioactive. My hair and nails grew faster. I didn't get blasted and over time it has gone to very slightly under but not enough to get on the meds. Actually, I stopped going for the blood tests.
donna, please go for blood tests. Levels can fluctuate throughout the year. I presume it took a while to get diagnosed in the first place because this God awful disease is insidious. It’s usual for overactive to be difficult to balance and meds bring levels down to underactive state and then build back up gradually to balance, this takes time. You being very slightly under is great but needs monitoring so doesn’t so under further. Please reconsider.

donna, please go for blood tests. Levels can fluctuate throughout the year. I presume it took a while to get diagnosed in the first place because this God awful disease is insidious. It’s usual for overactive to be difficult to balance and meds bring levels down to underactive state and then build back up gradually to balance, this takes time. You being very slightly under is great but needs monitoring so doesn’t so under further. Please reconsider.
Yes, I actually got caught by my doctor, as I had not been for blood tests for other things I had since the beginning of 2020. So since then had to go for bloods on liver and the rest. I joke with a friend she cannot get to talk to her doctor, mine is hounding me. I want you to come down and get this done and that done. Yes, I do know that is a good thing and many would be grateful, but I just think please leave me alone for a month.

Depends on what Alison wears: its hard to make a judgement about weight from a TV I have noticed when you see people in real life they are much trimmer. I remember seeing the lovely elegant Tova. She looks slim on TV which she is. But in Real life she looks near 6 foot and a size 8/10. Thats not an average jo size. Thats a model size.

Latest posts

Back