Clarity

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Hello,

I have just noted that Q have (seemingly) permanently extended their 30 DBG to 60 and also included a little 'spiel' with regards to 14 day returns cancellation policy and return postage etc (not before time). However, there was a paragraph at the bottom that seemed to be a little 'ambiguous'. It stated that some items could not be returned for 'hygiene reasons'. Now, I have always been surprised that earrings and Shapeware have been able to be returned, but is it now a fact that these items (amongst things like software (which I am presuming includes things like the 'fix me stick') are also included in this)?

Yes it does say some items excluded from being returned, it’s creeping in more and more now, so I think they’ll soon ban beauty items and make-up being returned because the warehouse don’t check them before lobbing them back on the shelves, and financial reasons of course.

On the Eek show last night JF was raving about being able to return earrings- not a word about any change to policy - but then would we expect the truth from any of them? I certainly dont.

Is this the relevant part?
(v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging. Earrings do arrive in little bags within boxes (sometimes) & underwear does have a hygiene strip (sometimes). However, I wouldn't describe them as sealed, to me that relates to those awful plastic collars around jars, lippies etc & the tiny circles of foil on tubes.

Yes, earrings come in a zip-lock type plastic bag. I remember Gems TV had their earrings sealed and if you opened could not return. They had them double-bagged so dammed hard to see the quality of the stones.

I am thinking some skincare comes sealed by the manufacturers so does that count?

Is this the relevant part?
(v) sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons that you have removed from the sealed packaging. Earrings do arrive in little bags within boxes (sometimes) & underwear does have a hygiene strip (sometimes). However, I wouldn't describe them as sealed, to me that relates to those awful plastic collars around jars, lippies etc & the tiny circles of foil on tubes.
Yes, that was the part I was referring to (couldn't be bothered to 'cut and paste'), but if you think about it, given the 'current climate' then surely a person who has tried on shapewear and sends it back, can't be 'resold' to anyone else. I know they have 'second's' shops' (I also know that is not what they call them), but surely they can't resell them, I mean the high-street doesn't accept underwear etc back, so I have always been surprised that Q does.

TBH I am surprised by how 'generous' they seem to be with it (I know a lot 'bemoan') but given that 60 days to try some highly priced sophisticated cream (read 'gunk'), then surely there will be a lot of 'empty jars' returning, I mean it does seem overly-generous on the Q's part as whilst most companies will cope with this, I wouldn't be surprised if some companies started to 'respectfully withdraw'!

I would think that was the pandemic is over they will go back to normal.

Latest posts

Back