Cleansers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

With my really oily skin I've found in the last few years that cleansing balms are the best for my skin. Anything with any foam or traditional cleansing agents just make it worse. With the balms my pores definitely look smaller, especially across the nose.

The Eve Lom cleanser has mineral oil as the biggest ingredient. No way! Not yet tried Emma Hardy or Elemis, but the prices put me off.

I'm currently using a fabulously good neroli cleansing balm from a small business on eBay. 3rd repurchase, and never found better quality. brilliant price. If you're interested I'll look out the brand name.

I think balm's are the way forward Crinkly -even though I have dry/sensitive skin clearly those with oily skin love it too.
Although I love the Moringa balm it is expensive and I have been relying on product of the month to replace it. The TSV's are few and far between and I don't want the rest of the stuff anyway. What is the ebay balm? I am always on the look out for a cheaper alternative that can rival the Moringa balm in quality. TIA

I think balm's are the way forward Crinkly -even though I have dry/sensitive skin clearly those with oily skin love it too.
Although I love the Moringa balm it is expensive and I have been relying on product of the month to replace it. The TSV's are few and far between and I don't want the rest of the stuff anyway. What is the ebay balm? I am always on the look out for a cheaper alternative that can rival the Moringa balm in quality. TIA

This is the balm many of us bought off ebay WG. The lady who makes it now has her own website. Here`s the link to the cleansing balm.
http://www.shop.elimae4u.co/CLEANSING-BALM-60g-10031223.htm

Thanks Vienna. I will give that a try when I need any more. They seem to only have the MAT skin type atm. I have not read the thread on this on here yet.

I feel I should know this, but what is a balm cleanser? I can only think of the Decleor night balms which are thick and oily and I can't imagine that type of thing as a cleanser. Are cleansing balms typically applied without water?

This thread is very topical for me :sun:

My skin has been throwing a wobbly just lately, dry and bumpy/itchy at times. I have used a Nivea cream cleanser of some sort since I was a teenager and have never had any problem with the brand, although they have stopped doing the dry/sensitive one which I loved. I like to use this in the morning, and a wash-off one at night. Have used Liz E C&P but wouldn't mind trying something different. I have sensitive, dry skin and an added 'problem' of very sensitive eyes so need something quite gentle. There are some good ideas here, may try something new, pref not from QVC and pref not ridiculously priced!!!

I feel I should know this, but what is a balm cleanser? I can only think of the Decleor night balms which are thick and oily and I can't imagine that type of thing as a cleanser. Are cleansing balms typically applied without water?

Hi Andik they are thick and oily-like putting a vaseline-type texture on the dry face then using a hot cloth to remove like Liz Earle cleanse and polish. The Emma Hardie one does emulsify into a milk so it can be used this way before removing it if you prefer. I use it neat from the tub though like Eve Lom cleanser.

Hi Andik they are thick and oily-like putting a vaseline-type texture on the dry face then using a hot cloth to remove like Liz Earle cleanse and polish. The Emma Hardie one does emulsify into a milk so it can be used this way before removing it if you prefer. I use it neat from the tub though like Eve Lom cleanser.

Thank you so much. I actually do very much like the sound of these, if they are thorough. I just don't get on with cleansing milks and the like - I seem to get through half a bag of cotton balls or pads each time and still they come away orange/brown from make-up so I never really feel clean. I only use wipes when I have to, for similar reasons, so I tend to stick to wash-off cleansers (C&P or I like Clinique). But for those occasions when I don't want to/can't use water, a balm sounds great as long as it does the job. I might have a look through people's recommendations on here and go for one.

Ive always been pretty sceptical about Cleansers , as there only on your skin for two mins (if that ) and you wash them off, however I bought a new cleanser to try and have been using if for 4 days and my skin is awful , red patches dry and flaky. So that's told me that cleansers are very important and I will certainly becareful what I use in the future. I have an oily/ sensitive skin, if anyone has any recommendations on good cleansers it would be very much appreciated, Ive used most of the big brands ones and haven't found one ive been wowed with ..........yet. :)

All this talk of cleansers has made me look through my "stash". I used to always use A'kin and found a new one boxed in my cupboard last night and so I used it this morning. Oh it is soo nice! Dont know why I stopped using it to be honest - its rich and creamy and leaves my skin feeling lovely and clean. Dont know whether Q still stock this brand. The worst cleansers for me were the elemis and decleor pump action ones - a bit like C&P. They stipped my skin and made it red and blotchy.

Hi All,

The balm I've been buying is by Allium Skincare. Ingredients; sweet almond oil, extra virgin olive oil, beeswax, sweet orange essential oil, rose geranium essential oil.

I've just had a look Gand can't see any at the moment - hope they are still in business!

NO to Perricone - Don't know the formula but I wouldn't even look at it as there is no need to spend a fortune on a cleanser - there are many very good reasonably priced cleansers on the market. It's your moisturiser/serums where you want to spend more money to get better ingredients.

YES to Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser - fantastic, removes makeup well, leaves no trace when removed with hot clean flannel and does not dry out skin and no nasties in it - just what you want from a cleanser and reasonably priced too especially if you buy duos, special offers etc.

I love Emma Hardie too - I use EH first to remove make-up/sunscreen and then use Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser as my second cleanse. Double cleansing is important to thoroughly remove make-up/sunscreen as these products are designed to stick to the skin and can be hard to remove. Always use the thickest texture cleanser first and the lighter one second.

I hate the smell of anything orange, so will not buy. Never tried Emma Hardie as I do not like the smell, I did buy the eye serum but was unimpressed and didn't buy again.

Now here is an interesting one for you all. REN(UK brand), changed the name of their Hydra Calm range and repackaged it. Now called Ever Calm same products same sizes same ingredients. Yet they dropped the prices! Yes, really. I was very wary thinking something not right here:wonder: Could not find anything. Cleaners around £3 cheaper now, the serum is £10 cheaper!! It used to be £38 as I have used in the past now its £28!!! No idea about the other ranges they sell?

I have tried many cleansers over the last 14 years since my mother started me on 'cleanse, tone, moisturise' (Liz Earle, L'Occitane, Gatineau, Clientele, Elemis) but by far the best I have used is SBC's Collagen 3 in 1 cleanser with the pink shammy. I couldn't recommend it enough.

But I have just found that on www.beautynaturals.com which offers free pandp on everything anyway, it's on offer for £6.50 for 250ml! Definitely worth a go if you're on a budget?? I've bought two!

Thanks for this website. I use SBC 3 in 1 Collagen Cleanser. I don't need any at the moment (got one in my goody bag from the Beauty Bash and I had literally just bought one from Ebay before I went to the BB), but next time I need one I will definetly be ordering from here for £6.50 and free p&p. Bargain.

Thanks for this website. I use SBC 3 in 1 Collagen Cleanser. I don't need any at the moment (got one in my goody bag from the Beauty Bash and I had literally just bought one from Ebay before I went to the BB), but next time I need one I will definetly be ordering from here for £6.50 and free p&p. Bargain.

It seems to have gone up to £12 now.

Beauty Naturals generally have different offers every month,well worth keeping your eye on as discounts are really good.

Latest posts

Back