Clinique TSV 28/09/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Dame Fondacox Prescriptives was one of their own brands. You can still buy it in the US online only from their own site, because of the outcry from fans who loved the brand EL had to let them buy from the website.

EL did the dirty on them. I knew the manager of the local HoF counter. The UK staff away training new products revealed and upcoming new shades of makeup. So, that week on Thursday all over the web EL closing Prescriptives even after the head said he would give them another 6 months to turn around as they were not doing well. Friday morning the staff on training finally told they would all be let go. That Saturday he was back on counter and in shock, I said the rest of the world knew about it on the Thursday even though the staff had still been training that day as normal for staff training for new products and releases.

The kicker was QVC always said they would never get a Prescriptives TSV. Suddenly and quickly they did a TSV mix of skincare and makeup if I remember? AY sitting there stating of course you will still be able to buy the products from us. Er, no. The brand disappeared from QVC as everywhere else in the UK.

I used to rate the Prescriptives skincare range. I've got a lovely, small bag that came with a kit from QVC and it's still in pristine condition. A friend of mine worked as a rep for them while she was a student and EL offered her a job when they were making staff redundant. She took the job over the redundancy deal and then they told her she'd be moving from doing in-store demos at John Lewis, to the local airport, which was a good half-hour journey away, where essentially she was irritiating people as they browsed the duty free area.

Yes, Dame Fondacox Prescriptives was one of their own brands. You can still buy it in the US online only from their own site, because of the outcry from fans who loved the brand EL had to let them buy from the website.

EL did the dirty on them. I knew the manager of the local HoF counter. The UK staff away training new products revealed and upcoming new shades of makeup. So, that week on Thursday all over the web EL closing Prescriptives even after the head said he would give them another 6 months to turn around as they were not doing well. Friday morning the staff on training finally told they would all be let go. That Saturday he was back on counter and in shock, I said the rest of the world knew about it on the Thursday even though the staff had still been training that day as normal for staff training for new products and releases.

The kicker was QVC always said they would never get a Prescriptives TSV. Suddenly and quickly they did a TSV mix of skincare and makeup if I remember? AY sitting there stating of course you will still be able to buy the products from us. Er, no. The brand disappeared from QVC as everywhere else in the UK.
here is the thread for it https://forum.shoppingtelly.com/threads/prescriptives-tsv-28-09-09.15121/

I was seriously pissed off when they discontinued Prescriptives. Having heard AY banging on about it, I bought some from Q, liked it, then invested my hard-earned at full price in the DHS because I wanted a new skin care routine. Then it flipping well vanished! 😡

Oh, just a warning, Clinique toners always known as paint stripper! Yes, so strong they could strip paint off walls. 😂
Julia Roberts has said many times that she was using this brand when she started at Q. (hinted at the name that is)
Went on to say that when AY arrived, she threw all of said products in the bin, telling her not to use THAT!

Will Ay be launching this brand?? and will it be 'a trusted brand that has a long history' etc etc etc? 🤭

I have very sensitive skin and despite always touting that that was their main selling point I could never use any of their skin care. However I do use their foundation and never have any problems.

Just before lockdown I purchased an eye pencil (cant remember if brows or eyeliner) but after 3 attempts at getting a pencil which actually had any lead in it I gave up - some quality control that was so should fit right in at Q.

Oh, just a warning, Clinique toners always known as paint stripper! Yes, so strong they could strip paint off walls. 😂
A beauty therapist I used to know told me that when she worked in a very upmarket London store, they used to use Clinique toners to get the wax off the trolleys…. Apparently it was the only thing strong enough… you want to put that on your face?!

I used the brand briefly in my twenties, but it was far too harsh. That said, their makeup is lovely

I looked at the available products on Q's website yesterday and they don't seem to have developed their range at all since the 80s/90s. I used to use their Turnaround cream in my late 20s/early 30s (obvoiulsy...that's a couple of years ago now 😇). I've heard similar things about their toners - apparently, nail varnish remover is less harsh!

Latest posts

Back