Comebacks - what ranges would anyone welcome back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mediastar

Registered Shopper
Do you remember nail eat and nail drink with, was it, Carolyn? There was a clothing range that was highly embellished, fairly expensive, not dreamkeeper. sort of patchwork-y something I could see on Stevie Nicks?

Zoya/Zoom is the nail care.

My first ever purchase was a litre of Aveda’s Rosemary Mint shampoo. I miss Aveda TSVs. Now I only treat myself when I’m near an outlet with a Cosmetics Company... and then it’s usually slim pickings but I did pick up a 12 piece advent calendar at Bicester last December which was good value.

I really liked the MOP Hair Glisten range. Anyone remember MOP Mike?

I used to buy a lot of the Smashbox TSVs back in the day (feverish with excitement!), but I’m less enthused by the range now it’s in Boots. The Brand Ambassadors must have done a good job! There was Timber and then Daniel Chavez. (He was lovely when I met him in Debenhams.)

Thanks for prompting the trip down memory lane. 🙂

Fran Wilson the lipstick queen for me, please! According to AY she was the top of the pops in the lipstick world, no one could touch her…. Until she left and it was as if she never existed.

my other one did come back, Molton Brown 😍.

I'd like a lot of the jewellery shows to return. I'm not really into make up as such, but I did like the Ariane Poole shows. Everything now is so dull and ground hog day, that I cannot summon up the enthusiasm to watch much at all.

Jackie Kabler was going on about which goes on first the cream or jam on scones this morning and I just thought for god's sake talk about the product (Skechers) as I wanted to see the colours again. She really is annoying.

I'd like a lot of the jewellery shows to return. I'm not really into make up as such, but I did like the Ariane Poole shows. Everything now is so dull and ground hog day, that I cannot summon up the enthusiasm to watch much at all.

Jackie Kabler was going on about which goes on first the cream or jam on scones this morning and I just thought for god's sake talk about the product (Skechers) as I wanted to see the colours again. She really is annoying.
We must have been separated at birth 😉

Tova has been promising to bring back her skin and haircare ranges for several years now (I wonder why they ever went away, and for so long 🤔) and I notice on QVC US they now list some of her skincare products. In fairness, some where really quite good - there was a vitamin C cream that was delightful to use and really did have a hydrating effect on the skin. The cactine face mask however, aka the facelift in a jar that was the must have for every Hollywood A-lister, is back. It used to set like plaster of Paris on the skin and took quite a lot of water to rinse off only to still find traces of it in your hairline and behind your ears later on.

I have some Zoya nail polish I bought on eBay. Not sure but I think the brand pulled out of the UK? I always ran out of the Drink bottle as I had dehydrated nails or so I was told I need moisture not hardening stuff.

Tova was bought out by QVC US, and they just pulled all the skin care and makeup. She is just the face of the brand now. I remember hair care stuff as well, she said after cancer it was the products that made her hair come back to life.

Some of her makeup looked nice, I never got around to buying it.

Black Hills always looked lovely, they did a gold and a silver range. I actually spotted the range once in a jeweller in Belfast. I was shocked! It was expensive.

Las Vegas gems would be lovely to see again.

The one thing I would like to see back is the Aveda products. I treated myself to
some Avada shampoo and conditioner from Amazon, it is expensive but imo worth it now and again.

Yes definitely LV gems and also Californian style for a bit of holiday "tat" jewellery but it was lovely. South Western Silver was a good range with the turquoise stones. Loved Mr Christmas and Thomas Pacconi and I have a Hermlyn clock which I bought probably 20 years ago. Nicki from Birkenstocks would be a welcome return as she was a really good presenter, I bought lots. The man that used to do the Cloisonne jewellery really knew his stuff and I also liked Cydney Mar clothes.

I had completely forgotten about Tupton Ware!

CC

I'm another Temp-tations cookware fan. I see on the U.S website that they do a lot of home range stuff now too.

When you see the variety of good on sale on the US site I just might still be a customer who spends a small fortune like I did when I first became a viewer.

Latest posts

Back