Comebacks - what ranges would anyone welcome back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My first item from QVC was a large pendant cross inset with turquoise from California B. I didn't want to go too expensive in case it was rubbish, but it turned out ok, as was most of the jewellery I bought back then (and still have).

My first item I think was a pair of silver earrings with sapphires and I gave them to my mum for her birthday. She may still have them. Second was the Christmas train mentioned in another thread. There's been hundreds more since. Some of it pure crap. However, a lot of it nice (from the early days) and I still have many items.

CC

Don't know if anyone on here remembers, but around 15 odd years ago there was a lovely black lady who came on with her own range of chunky gemstone jewellery. I mean really big stones, like large swiss blue topaz in her bracelets etc. I bought a gold ring with a single huge citrine stone, and this lady used to put the initials of her range within her pieces. My ring has CE on the shank, and I cant remember what it stood for - possibly Chic Elegance, but wondered if anyone else remembers this range. Anyway, I still wear it, and it still gets admired today. I dread to think what I'd have to pay for it in a jewellers today - that's if I could find one the same !

That reminded me of the lady from S Africa who wore the tribal dress and headgear.. Was it something like Igoli gold - I remember it being expensive even then.

I never liked Stuarti (?) silver as I don’t like ethnic styles or oxidised silver and when she got up to dance I used to cringe.

I liked the couple of Israeli jewellery ranges.

I like pearls in unusual settings so I miss the earlier Honora and the lady who did the south sea pearls and for some reason always reminded me of Rosanne Barr!

Brissles was her signature piece a large pear shape citrine ring?

Oh, ye gods, the dancing was creepy.

I remember Mohave Magic, I had a lovely little trio palette it was a lovely soft peach shades.

We have an Aveda counter in my House of Fraser, I never look at it. I did buy a few lipsticks way back when they were in Debenhams. The skin care was interesting, and I remember it on QVC too. I hated the smell of Shampure! I loved Exlir which was more like a serum than a conditioner.

Then of course when Estee Lauder bought them products discontinued and changed. The paddle brush was no good for my short hair, and they did a smaller brush which I used for a long time. Now only the big paddle brush is sold.

There was Suzi the Chinese lady who brought Gems of the Orient. I still have a lavender jade bracelet with an elephant charm and a pair of lavender earrings drops with 9ct gold from the range.

Don't know if anyone on here remembers, but around 15 odd years ago there was a lovely black lady who came on with her own range of chunky gemstone jewellery. I mean really big stones, like large swiss blue topaz in her bracelets etc. I bought a gold ring with a single huge citrine stone, and this lady used to put the initials of her range within her pieces. My ring has CE on the shank, and I cant remember what it stood for - possibly Chic Elegance, but wondered if anyone else remembers this range. Anyway, I still wear it, and it still gets admired today. I dread to think what I'd have to pay for it in a jewellers today - that's if I could find one the same !

Anyone remember 'Portrait of a Lady' I think it was Jewellery, I just remember the very handsome guy with a very sexy voice that was the guest.

Thanks Twi ! yes that looks to be the same range. I particularly remember a really show stopping bracelet with huge pale blue topaz stones. It looks like the pieces on the website are still following that theme.

LATI - I cant remember the pear shaped citrine, but my whopper is a square cushion cut.

Looking at the website I’m not sure it’s the one I was thinking of. I loved the Pearl twisty bangle but just my luck it was sold out or it could have been an early birthday present to myself!

Taxco silver did some nice pieces - I can't remember when that disappeared.
I loved Taxco in the early days, especially the signed limited pieces but it was another company where the quality went down the Swanee.

Again I buy on line from another Mexican silver company and over the years in order to keep the price static the pieces are getting lighter.

That reminded me of the lady from S Africa who wore the tribal dress and headgear.. Was it something like Igoli gold - I remember it being expensive even then.

I never liked Stuarti (?) silver as I don’t like ethnic styles or oxidised silver and when she got up to dance I used to cringe.

I liked the couple of Israeli jewellery ranges.

I like pearls in unusual settings so I miss the earlier Honora and the lady who did the south sea pearls and for some reason always reminded me of Rosanne Barr!

Brissles was her signature piece a large pear shape citrine ring?
Loved Egoli jewellery, Tova’s elephants very similar. Awwww! Suarti, I loved her and her headdresses and dancing.

Latest posts

Back