Comebacks - what ranges would anyone welcome back?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve always wanted a Skagen but it was mentioned the battery change was faffy which put me off, is it true. I get replacement batteries done in Timpson’s cobblers, would they need a special tool for these watches or one they use generally. TIA. ❤️

I’ve always wanted a Skagen but it was mentioned the battery change was faffy which put me off, is it true. I get replacement batteries done in Timpson’s cobblers, would they need a special tool for these watches or one they use generally. TIA. ❤️
I get them done in my local jewellers. I don’t use Timpsons or similar as i used them for a watch with a pale coloured strap and the strap was ruined with finger marks from someone repairing shoes.

I get them done in my local jewellers. I don’t use Timpsons or similar as i used them for a watch with a pale coloured strap and the strap was ruined with finger marks from someone repairing shoes.
Thank you lati, yes that is a risk I’ve thought about. My current watch was £30 in Debenhams so haven’t been too worried although I do love it. Two local jewellers have folded where I took my expensive watches to so will be a trip into town.

I remember a watch seller called something like Marcel Drucker with his own range of watches When the battery failed, he would send you a new one free for life (but he died !) but you had to pay PP.

I had a very useful watch from him with a magnifier over the glass, and if you pressed a button, the magnifier would pop up so you could use it to read tiny print on labels etc.

When in its normal position, it made the watch very easy to read.

Both Mr L and I have a thing for Skegan and they often have good reductions on line. Just keep looking as the reductions come and go and come back again on the same item.
Thanks for this, I do keep an eye on the Skagen website, unfortunately for me they’re not shipping to Northern Ireland at the moment - supposedly a temporary situation due to “essential system developments” but it’s been going on for months now.

I remember a watch seller called something like Marcel Drucker with his own range of watches When the battery failed, he would send you a new one free for life (but he died !) but you had to pay PP.

I had a very useful watch from him with a magnifier over the glass, and if you pressed a button, the magnifier would pop up so you could use it to read tiny print on labels etc.

When in its normal position, it made the watch very easy to read.
I bought a set of his where there was one face mechanism and a load of bezels and straps and you could mix and match with the face to give about 20 different combinations

Thanks for this, I do keep an eye on the Skagen website, unfortunately for me they’re not shipping to Northern Ireland at the moment - supposedly a temporary situation due to “essential system developments” but it’s been going on for months now.
I’m in NI too and yes whilst they had that notice recently I purchased just before it and it wasn’t coming up when I looked yesterday but it might change when you go to checkout. They did say it was temporary. I also bought Skagen from WatchsU2 and the order was ok and a good price I wasn’t that keen on the company (maybe it’s just because I dislike names like Rus etc). I’ve also used Amazon. At present they have a striped strap one I’d like but it’s for gay pride so I don’t want to get it incase I offend someone, not but I don’t think anyone I’m around would know what it is!,!!

Mr L often buys me wee bits and pieces in their sale as a gift for no reason so I sincerely hope they don’t abandon us!

I have two Skagen watches. Had the battery changed so had them a while.

LATI, House of Fraser sell Skagen and sometimes have sales on. Before our last lockdown I was looking at one which was over £100 down to £60. Yes, dithered then decided I did not need another watch.

There is a Watch Shop that is its name too in Queens Arcade Belfast. They sell Skagen I bought my silver metal one there. I go to them for battery changes and the stands in the shopping centres refused to touch them saying they did not have the tools to get the back off Skagen.

I don't like the ones will all the fake diamonds around the bezel.

We’re lucky to have an old-fashioned family jewellers near us. They have some lovely ‘second-hand’ pieces as well as new, and a man sits in a tiny back room surrounded by various bits of clunky machinery which he uses to mend or transform items customers take in.
My nephew had a ‘designer’ watch which he used to send away for a new battery, costing £50+ and 2 weeks wait. On a whim he took it into the local shop - £15 and an hours wait.

I was lucky enough to have been bought a Longine watch - complete with its own birth certificate and life story ! - its beautiful but doesn't get worn much, however when a new battery is needed it has to be sent back to Longine for overhaul and replacement. I tend to wear a cheapo for everyday - when I go out that is.

Latest posts

Back