Confusion!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I am aware that my brain 'confuses' easily. But could someone please answer me a question, why is it that a person you have seen 'live' in the studio one day is 'suddenly' live-linking the next. I mean it is obvious why people from 'afar' do it (given the fact that there is no planes from say America/Canada to the UK (imagine no 'live' Kim Mendelson, oh what sorrow 😭, but the people who live in the UK are seemingly choosing when they come in or not. The case in point was yesterdays tech hour with 'the leprechaun', two items (Dyson and the Homedics bag) were both via video-link and both have been on air (several times) with this and other items. Is it now going to become the 'norm' where it is half in and half out, apart from of course Mr 'it blows my mind' Holbein!

Because they now just do not want to travel if it does not suit them. Before if a show was on you as the rep had to go no matter what time the show, now they can go in if the time of the show suits if not stay at home and vide link in.

Anna and Nicki have both been in and out. MF (Kipling) the same. Could it be because of child care ?
Yeah but Jame Murden also did it yesterday (with his 'recycled' Christmas jumper. I think, that we will be starting to see more 'vid-links' past 6pm (unless they have been there all day TSV day for example). Not, sure whether this is better or not!

Yeah but Jame Murden also did it yesterday (with his 'recycled' Christmas jumper. I think, that we will be starting to see more 'vid-links' past 6pm (unless they have been there all day TSV day for example). Not, sure whether this is better or not!

I don’t know if this is anything to do with it and that I have understood the jibes between Dale and James correctly
From what I heard this last week when he was on there was something about going to a theme park. But that he admitted he wasn’t taking the children when it appeared that Dale dropped him in on that one.
Then he added later when he was dropped in it again by Dale, that Mrs M had said there was also going to be a visit to a child friendly theme park as well.

In a lot of workplaces you might only be allowed in work on alternate days or weeks, so if someone develops symptoms you only have a smaller number who have been in contact who have to self-isolate...keeps the show on the road.

My work is trying to get most back . We are in 2 teams - one in office Mon/Tue/Wed one week home work Thur/Fri and next week homework MTW in office TH .

My problem is I now only work Mon & Wed so this doesn’t really fit for me. I am going to try MTW one week and just Thursday the next thus doing 4 days over 2 weeks as I don’t want to work from home

If it doesn’t work out I’ll just pack it in . And certainly won’t work like that if things ever get back to normal.

In a lot of workplaces you might only be allowed in work on alternate days or weeks, so if someone develops symptoms you only have a smaller number who have been in contact who have to self-isolate...keeps the show on the road.

Actually that would make sense, and now you mentioned it I think I saw a report on BBC News or The One Show (sad I know), about something like this. Thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense, pity, they can't do this with some of the main presenters. I am though I think just (and I emphasise that) Lorna to Jill Gauntlet. I wouldn't wish her ill, but I did find her presenting style a bit 'strange', in that she acted like she wanted to be a 'main presenter' but then did something 'silly', like innuendo (which always seemed 'forced'), or just over 'egging' the product and saying why she 'loves this' and that she has bought it (though Lorna, seems to have followed in that sense as she seems to purchase, must of what she sells (if she tells the 'truth')), no Lorna since her 'Bernini' days has come to a style that I kind of enjoy. Tom Shepherd on the other-hand least said!

Isn't it simply because workplaces have to limit the number of people they have 'in' at any one time so that they can remain Covid-safe?

Personally I've had my fill of all video links, whether its shopping tele, magazine programmes or the news channels. The government want the country moving again, but most interviewees dont want to shift from the front of their ****** bookcases !

I'm sick of the frozen screens, out of synch dialogue, bad lighting, and looking up nostrils ! If the presenters in the studios travel to get there, then I cant see why all the talking heads cant get off their a......s and also get back into the studios for proper face to face communication. Hardly good examples to the majority of the public who have to 'get out there' no matter what.

Others are looking forward to all sorts of treats after lockdown - me I just want dancing grannies, singing kids and people in their wedding dresses to shut the F up

Others are looking forward to all sorts of treats after lockdown - me I just want dancing grannies, singing kids and people in their wedding dresses to shut the F up

Couldn't agree more !! I never realised before that I lived in a world, ney country, that was so full of ****** show-offs ! At least we didn't know about them, or see them prior to having mobile phones. During lockdown I thought I had been spared being shown latest 'grandchildren' of other people, photos, but no, I get them sent now instead :(

I don’t understand Debbie’s fixation of sticking her face in the front of the majority of her photos. That kind of selfie is never flattering. I spend my time avoiding the camera (I’d rather be behind the lens than gurning in front of it for all to see) so maybe that’s why her kinds of shot look odd to me. 😳

Latest posts

Back