Cook's Essentials TSV 13/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, I think you'd end up with egg on your face. (n);)🐣🥚

What a brilliant idea for a thread - alternative uses for your £300 Dyson hairdrier! Any other suggestions?
Yep, drying the dog when he comes in soaked and muddy from his walk. He wouldn't tolerate it though, he much prefers a rub down with a crispy towel.

Dear old Perry though, he loved being hoovered by my hand held Dyson (true) and every time I got it out to do the stairs I had to hoover him first. So it could also be a dog grooming instrument.

CC

Yep, drying the dog when he comes in soaked and muddy from his walk. He wouldn't tolerate it though, he much prefers a rub down with a crispy towel.

Dear old Perry though, he loved being hoovered by my hand held Dyson (true) and every time I got it out to do the stairs I had to hoover him first. So it could also be a dog grooming instrument.

CC

Unlike my dog. Springers aren't generally known for their, shall we say, sensible outlook on life. Mine runs when he sees the hoover coming out. A bit like me and the most sensible behaviour he exhibits 😂

No, I think you'd end up with egg on your face. (n);)🐣🥚

What a brilliant idea for a thread - alternative uses for your £300 Dyson hairdrier! Any other suggestions?
Lifting water marks from wooden furniture - keep nozzle on drier, aim cool air at the ring then after 10 seconds turn the setting to warm & the mark should disappear.
Removing stickers or plasters by loosening the adhesive.
Warming cold sheets.

I wonder if Abbie/Abi/Abbey knows about any of these.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, spoilsport :LOL: :LOL:
Just worked out my CE set is about 8 years old. One of the lids got stained with turmeric yesterday and struggling to get the yellow off the metal. I thought it was all stainless steel (says SS on the base of the pan) but the metal on the lids must be some other type of metal

Attachments

• Cooks TSV 1.jpg
    Cooks TSV 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Cooks TSV 2.jpg
    Cooks TSV 2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Cooks TSV 3.jpg
    Cooks TSV 3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Cooks TSV 4.jpg
    Cooks TSV 4.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Cooks TSV 5.jpg
    Cooks TSV 5.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 97
Was hoping to get some PFOA free pans but Cooks Essentials still using PTFE https://www.qvc.com/footers/cd/pdf/K42527_Use_and_Care.pdf Come with a warning not to keep pet birds in the kitchen when using them (they are sensitive to the chemicals in the non-stick surface when they break down (as are humans...))

Guess I will have to look elsewhere. Time to dump my old pans too.

A slight aside, but still about cooking and food.

Why is it that bags of carrots in the shop seem to last OK, but as soon as I bring them home they seem to rot, whether I open the bag or not?

Last week I bought 2 x 1kg bags, opened one to use, and left the other one sealed, and have been using some from the open bag every day.

But today, the remaining carrots in the open bag, and all the ones in the closed bag were slimy and stank. I did manage to save about 1/2 the 1Kg bag by cutting off all the rotten bits, then cut them up and cooked them. They are now in the fridge, and will be used in the next 3 days, if they last that long.

A slight aside, but still about cooking and food.

Why is it that bags of carrots in the shop seem to last OK, but as soon as I bring them home they seem to rot, whether I open the bag or not?

Last week I bought 2 x 1kg bags, opened one to use, and left the other one sealed, and have been using some from the open bag every day.

But today, the remaining carrots in the open bag, and all the ones in the closed bag were slimy and stank. I did manage to save about 1/2 the 1Kg bag by cutting off all the rotten bits, then cut them up and cooked them. They are now in the fridge, and will be used in the next 3 days, if they last that long.
It must be to do with quick turnover because they have a short lifespan - 3 to 5 days. Best way to store them is in the fridge wrapped in slightly damp paper towels or even in a bowl of water that you refresh as soon as it gets cloudy. I buy dirty carrots from the farm shop & they last longer than the washed ones from supermarkets. The smell of a slimy carrot has got to be one of the worst :sick:

Just tried a new line from Lidl, a KATSU CHICKEN but it's a "when it's gone it's gone".

Bought one to try it (it came in on Thursday) and thought it was delicious. Was going to stock up with more (you can freeze them) and have been in 3 days running, but out of stock each time.

Latest posts

Back