• Cooks Essentials TSV 3.jpg
    Cooks Essentials TSV 3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 95
Cook's Essentials Bread Maker with 12 Automatic Programmes
Item Number: 809917
QVC Price £69.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.96
P&P £5.95

This bread maker from Cook's Essentials boasts a sleek, fuss-free design with 12 automatic programmes that make anything from crunchy French bread to sweet brioche with only a few ingredients, plus three-stage crust control and a digital display. Experience the mouth-watering aroma of freshly-baked bread at home and take the fuss out of making it from scratch with this innovative bread maker, which creates perfect bread every time, ready for you and the whole family to enjoy.

Rustle up all your favourites - with its three-stage crust control and an impressive 12 different automatic programmes built in that efficiently bake delicious bread varieties to perfection, all you have to do is pop the ingredients into it and let it bake your favourites. Whether you want a basic white loaf to have at breakfast, sweet brioche as a teatime treat or even an indulgent madeira cake for dessert, just select the right programme and let it do its thing.

Become a star baker - if you're looking to start baking something different, this innovative appliance is a wonderful place to begin your bread making journey. It's simple to use but the results are fantastic, plus the transparent window at the top allows you to check on how your loaf is doing while it's baking, so you can experience the satisfaction of a homemade loaf without taking any chances!

Use what you have - this bread maker allows you to be a bit more resourceful in the kitchen, requiring only a few ingredients to make fabulous loaves in a flash. It also means that you won't have to buy as much readymade bread in wasteful plastic packaging, so you can feel even better about doing it yourself!

A sleek design - this bread maker's easy-to-use, streamlined design offers a clear digital display to guide you through the settings. The lid pops open to help you pour the ingredients in without things getting messy, and there are also four non-slip feet on the bottom to keep it gripped to your kitchen surfaces. It really is the easiest way to make bread at home.

• Features 12 automatic programmes: Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Quick, Sweet, Ultra Fast 1 (1.4lb loaf), Ultra Fast 2 (2.0lb loaf), Dough, Gluten Free, Cake, Sandwich and Bake
  • Built-in Keep Warm function (60 minutes)
  • Adjustable crust and size control

What's in the box?

• 1 x bread maker (l x w x d): 35.7cm x 24cm x 30.5cm (14" x 9.4" x 12")
  • Recipe book

All measurements are approximate

The reviews are terrible. 3 out of 5 stars, and quite a few one stars, so why flog it as today's "special value"? Without much reduction, either.

The reviews are terrible. 3 out of 5 stars, and quite a few one stars, so why flog it as today's "special value"? Without much reduction, either.
You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to sell a decent breadmaking for a reasonable price, but obviously its beyond Q, I had a decent one a few years ago from one of the big brands, used it a couple of times and then it was relegated to the back of the cupboard, it was wasted on me as I didn't eat that much bread and wasn't particularly impressed with the results, I gave it to a coaelic mate who though she might find it useful, I don't think she ever used it either!

I had a bread maker that was given to me never used it. Very expensive one it was too. gave it to my daughter who is gluten free so hoping she will make use of it

They might bake a nice loaf but the problem with all these breadmakers is you always end up with a hole in the bread where the paddle was. I've got dough proving at the moment. I used the dough hook attachment on my mixer which doesn't add up to much more hassle or expense, takes up less space and there will be no holes in the bread. Recommended.

Several reasons why I wouldn‘t bother buying the bread maker.

1) It’s too big
2) I live on my own and so don’t need huge batches of bread
3) You can make bread without a bread maker if you want to
4) They are a year too late. It would have been better to have sold it during the first
lockdown when the supermarket shelves were emptied because of the stock pilers
5) But more importantly, if I want any bread I can pop round to my local supermarket 😉

This was on the website in clearance for ages, then they took it off and now I know why. You can get good brands for less than Cooks Essentials which like Cozee Home and all the other QVC proprietary own brands, they’re cheaply made, expensively priced and poor quality.

When bread makers came out about 30 years ago I bought one and used it off and on fairly successfully

Towards the end of last year I took a notion to use it again but Mr L who is an engineer wouldn’t let me use it as it was so old and hadn’t been used in a while. While the notion was there I bought a replacement from Argos, ordered lunchtime delivered that evening as we were in heavy lockdown, no click and collect.
I tried Tesco mixes twice (I’d had no problem with mixes in the past) they were a total disaster

I scrounged around the shops and got flour yeast etc but the one things I couldn't find anywhere was powdered milk . After searching the internet i realised that powdered milk is only recommended to stop the yeast activating if on delayed timer so went ahead and used ordinary milk. Perfect loaf .

there wouldn’t have been any point in Q selling it during last lockdown as unless you already had a cupboard full of bread flour there wasn’t any in the shops for love nor money, here anyway, as everyone seemed to think they were the new Mary Berry, yet there was plenty of bread in our shops.

Last edited:
I bought one from the Q years ago & used it regularly then I was daft & caused myself to develop an intolerance of baker's yeast so gave it to our daughter. I do miss bread & all yeast based food, however, there is a positive & yesterday my sister turned up with 12 Bury Simnel Cakes that she'd bought online from Bettys so I can eat those without guilt & not feeling as though I'm about explode from fermenting yeast 🌋

The recipes for my Panasonic breadmaker (which I was given) don't mention powdered milk, just ordinary milk.

The loaves I made became stale long before I could finish them off, because they do not have any preservatives. Not having preservatives is declared as an advantage in the presentations, but even I don't want to eat 1 day-old bread which has become almost inedible.

So I would like a machine that just makes 2 rounds of bread at a time. If it toasted and buttered them as well, that would be even better.

That's given me an idea for tea - - - toast, butter, and my 12 year old strawberry jam, which was free when Lidl opened near me.

I never waste bread. I like sourdough and slices not used get char grilled and doused in olive oil
I hate wasting ANY food, hence all my old jars and tins I'm still eating.

But my 10yr old bread from the freezer was not too good, I toasted it but it was like crispbread. Still ate it though, pretended it was Ryvita (it was a Hovis sliced loaf, but not the dark brown type).

Next time I'll sprinkle it with water before toasting.

I hate wasting ANY food, hence all my old jars and tins I'm still eating.

But my 10yr old bread from the freezer was not too good, I toasted it but it was like crispbread. Still ate it though, pretended it was Ryvita (it was a Hovis sliced loaf, but not the dark brown type).

Next time I'll sprinkle it with water before toasting.
In a posh restaurant, particularly in the 70/80’s it would ha e been passed off as Melba Toast

I too used to have a QVC breadmaker and it lasted me years, great for a family but the hole in the base always ruins it. I make my own by hand, no mixer, now and it's a lot more satisfying and tasty with no hole. I don't use milk or butter either, just as nice.

Latest posts

Back