Couture

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Old Man Steptoe

Registered Shopper
Frank Usher is apparently couture?
But can’t size their garments properly S/M L/XL it’s a mystery or potluck.
Also June revealed you can carry your dog poo bag unused of course,in a Frank Usher bag,rather appropriate for the price point £££😂
Faux Leather and Polyester has never looked so glamorous 🤔

Many many moons ago Frank Usher was a good label to be found in nice department stores. I have no idea what went wrong but poor June is a lovely lady from the old days who gamely plugs away trying to sell todays ghastly offerings. Maybe she needs the cash or just a reason to get up in the morning. She surely can’t enjoy it.

It is like many labels of years ago that are ‘bought out’ and used on much more inferior products.For those that remember the ‘old’ the ’new’ is nothing like.The term ‘couture’ was used by Kimmy of Kim & Co. fame frequently when talking about the manufacturing of her products. Never has a term been so inappropriately used!

They did used to have a few brands where the clothing was more upmarket. There was an older lady, Renee Martin I think, and the clothes she presented appeared to be good quality. I used to like Cydney Mar as well.

CC

Frank Usher is apparently couture?
But can’t size their garments properly S/M L/XL it’s a mystery or potluck.
Also June revealed you can carry your dog poo bag unused of course,in a Frank Usher bag,rather appropriate for the price point £££😂
Faux Leather and Polyester has never looked so glamorous 🤔
Frank Usher used to be couture before they sold their name to a rough and ready company that makes clothes for market stalls. The Frank Usher of the past bears no resemblance to the crap that’s being sold in their name today!

Many many moons ago Frank Usher was a good label to be found in nice department stores. I have no idea what went wrong but poor June is a lovely lady from the old days who gamely plugs away trying to sell todays ghastly offerings. Maybe she needs the cash or just a reason to get up in the morning. She surely can’t enjoy it.
She's in Seventh Heaven, imo. She clearly loves being on TV and is probably earning a packet. Good luck, June, and keep on selling at QVC.

Okay, let us clear it up.

Haute Couture = Chanel Paris runway where the customer has the money to pay goes to the salon and get it individually made to measure for them. I remember watching a documentary about Chanel, and it showed the way it is done. A few women sewers have worked hand sewing for them for years. The model for each customer is kept, but the remeasure for each new garment.

Couture, again I'll use Chanel, is only sold in their own boutiques.

Real couture is not sold in department stores over the counter.

Okay, let us clear it up.

Haute Couture = Chanel Paris runway where the customer has the money to pay goes to the salon and get it individually made to measure for them. I remember watching a documentary about Chanel, and it showed the way it is done. A few women sewers have worked hand sewing for them for years. The model for each customer is kept, but the remeasure for each new garment.

Couture, again I'll use Chanel, is only sold in their own boutiques.

Real couture is not sold in department stores over the counter.
Or on QVC!!!

I saw some Frank Usher tat on the outlet show today. I've seen better on Fleetwood market for a couple of pounds. Really hideous dresses. The model Rachel is really lovely but she looked a complete sight - and knew it!

CC
Sounds like Fleetwood market is on a par with Chelmsford market !

I have never been tempted by anything Frank Usher, I find all the couture talk and June together rather silly,..imo neither are courture or posh.

One major requirement to qualify as couture is the use of top quality fabrics. None of the polyester elastane, viscose etc. One FU garment earlier today had nylon in it. I was waiting for a Crimplene trouser to put in an appearance

Latest posts

Back