Cozee Home New Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh now this looks luuuuuuuush, want!

Me too! I'm always cold and I got a heated blanket last year for Christmas which I've nearly worn out I've used it so much. I really would like a spare one for upstairs and to keep dog hair free.

CC

Me too! I'm always cold and I got a heated blanket last year for Christmas which I've nearly worn out I've used it so much. I really would like a spare one for upstairs and to keep dog hair free.

CC

CC, the price yesterday was £72 and it's £69 today...mega tempted (because of course I don't have enough throws in the flat :mysmilie_17:)

Hang on to your horses!

Both Aldi and Lidl do these regularly for around the £30-35 mark. Both with a 3 year warranty.

Lakeland also do these from £50-£120 again with a 3 year warranty.

I'd definitely go for these rather than Q's lovely-but-bound-to-break a day out of warranty (you'd be VERY lucky to get a year with Q). I've had a few over the years in all shapes and sizes - I'm currently sitting under a shoulder-warmer thingy that was delivered today, a week after emailing Lidl for a replacement as mine had failed after 2 years. I've had a similar service with a throw from Aldi that failed just inside the 3 years. No quibble, no arguing. Just great service.

I've had quite a bit of experience with these heated throws and found, like most things with a heating element, they do fail somewhere along the line. The Q one looks lovely and is quite large but my best buys have been a single bed size throw that I used on my side of the bed as OH is too hot for it and a cape that I throw over my lap and legs in on cold evenings. It's just the right size for sitting around under without getting in the way but I've only seen it come up twice.

My favourite and most used is the shoulder warmer. It doesn't get in the way when I get up/down and lives on the back of my sofa all year long. It warms me up completely even on quite cold evenings, which I found surprising as it's quite small. Best £14 I've ever spent.

The larger ones are good on the bed but a pain in the bum if you're up and down like me. You also have to be careful folding them as the little elements can break easily and you can't sit or lie on them for the same reason.

Have a good think and check what the warranty is (by email so you can refer back as you'll undoubtedly need to - it's Q!).

Hang on to your horses!

Both Aldi and Lidl do these regularly for around the £30-35 mark. Both with a 3 year warranty.

Lakeland also do these from £50-£120 again with a 3 year warranty.

I'd definitely go for these rather than Q's lovely-but-bound-to-break a day out of warranty (you'd be VERY lucky to get a year with Q). I've had a few over the years in all shapes and sizes - I'm currently sitting under a shoulder-warmer thingy that was delivered today, a week after emailing Lidl for a replacement as mine had failed after 2 years. I've had a similar service with a throw from Aldi that failed just inside the 3 years. No quibble, no arguing. Just great service.

I've had quite a bit of experience with these heated throws and found, like most things with a heating element, they do fail somewhere along the line. The Q one looks lovely and is quite large but my best buys have been a single bed size throw that I used on my side of the bed as OH is too hot for it and a cape that I throw over my lap and legs in on cold evenings. It's just the right size for sitting around under without getting in the way but I've only seen it come up twice.

My favourite and most used is the shoulder warmer. It doesn't get in the way when I get up/down and lives on the back of my sofa all year long. It warms me up completely even on quite cold evenings, which I found surprising as it's quite small. Best £14 I've ever spent.

The larger ones are good on the bed but a pain in the bum if you're up and down like me. You also have to be careful folding them as the little elements can break easily and you can't sit or lie on them for the same reason.

Have a good think and check what the warranty is (by email so you can refer back as you'll undoubtedly need to - it's Q!).

I like the idea of the heated shoulder throw or cape, alter ego! I was thinking last year when I was working on the computer in my dark, cold, north-facing “home office” that I would love a heated shrug or jacket. I had tried the Cozee Home heated throw but you’re not supposed to fold them in use so it kept trailing on the floor and getting under the chair wheels. Did you get yours from Lidl then? I always look at the leaflets but I’ve never seen these.

Other big question is are they machine washable? When I bought my treasured CH heated throws, I am sure other brands were not washable which is a no-no for me.

The one I have isn't a bedspread size, just a blanket. It came from Lakeland (a gift from mum) and I think it was about £40 ish. You unplug the flex and I've washed it at 30 degrees with no problems. All my throws and blankets need to be washable to deal with wine, dog hair, brown sauce and bacon fat etc etc. Very messy person! I'll hold off as I don't need such a big throw as this one and no doubt aldi will have something for less.

CC

I like the idea of the heated shoulder throw or cape, alter ego! I was thinking last year when I was working on the computer in my dark, cold, north-facing “home office” that I would love a heated shrug or jacket. I had tried the Cozee Home heated throw but you’re not supposed to fold them in use so it kept trailing on the floor and getting under the chair wheels. Did you get yours from Lidl then? I always look at the leaflets but I’ve never seen these.

Other big question is are they machine washable? When I bought my treasured CH heated throws, I am sure other brands were not washable which is a no-no for me.

Yes and yes. They don't recommend washing more than 6 times (I think that's what it says on box).

You get the wire with the controller that plugs into the cape/throw. It's easy enough to pull out but I've not needed to wash any yet. I've spot-dried one that got a mark on from OH (typical) but as they go over clothes and I normally shower and change into pyjamas before using (apart from shoulder warmer which is on me all day in the winter), I don't see the need to wash them.

They've had them in Lidl /Aldi every year for the last 5-6 years I've been shopping there. They usually do a lap warmer as well, but I tend to throw the shoulder one on my lap if that area needs warming. They ARE fab. I was a bit dubious at first as I'm a freezer (that can't stand getting hot!), but the warmth of these goes right through me so I find I don't put the throw over me unless I'm going to lie down for the evening (and then I can mostly get away with the shoulder warmer over my body).

Keep your receipt, though, and either keep the booklet or take down the details as the warranty contacts are in it.

I'm sitting up in front of telly with laptop - the shoulder warmer or cape would be ideal for you.

The one I have isn't a bedspread size, just a blanket. It came from Lakeland (a gift from mum) and I think it was about £40 ish. You unplug the flex and I've washed it at 30 degrees with no problems. All my throws and blankets need to be washable to deal with wine, dog hair, brown sauce and bacon fat etc etc. Very messy person! I'll hold off as I don't need such a big throw as this one and no doubt aldi will have something for less.

CC

How many washes has it survived, CC? I know on some they give a limit as to how many washes they'll take. If the Lakeland one has survived a lot of washes I wouldn't be surprised as they sell pretty good stuff there.

Yes and yes. They don't recommend washing more than 6 times (I think that's what it says on box).

You get the wire with the controller that plugs into the cape/throw. It's easy enough to pull out but I've not needed to wash any yet. I've spot-dried one that got a mark on from OH (typical) but as they go over clothes and I normally shower and change into pyjamas before using (apart from shoulder warmer which is on me all day in the winter), I don't see the need to wash them.

They've had them in Lidl /Aldi every year for the last 5-6 years I've been shopping there. They usually do a lap warmer as well, but I tend to throw the shoulder one on my lap if that area needs warming. They ARE fab. I was a bit dubious at first as I'm a freezer (that can't stand getting hot!), but the warmth of these goes right through me so I find I don't put the throw over me unless I'm going to lie down for the evening (and then I can mostly get away with the shoulder warmer over my body).

Keep your receipt, though, and either keep the booklet or take down the details as the warranty contacts are in it.

I'm sitting up in front of telly with laptop - the shoulder warmer or cape would be ideal for you.

Thanks for all the information. That’s really helpful.

I wonder if the Cozee Home ones can only take a limited number of washes. Did they mention that, I wonder? (Would they?!) Like you, I tend to use mine over clean night-clothes (on clean, bathed me!) so I’ve only washed mine once or twice so far.

Maybe I assumed the smaller items were full-sized throws if they were in the Lidl leaflet so didn’t really look closer. I will now! If you see them in Lidl or Aldi, would you kindly post on the forum just in case I miss it?

How many washes has it survived, CC? I know on some they give a limit as to how many washes they'll take. If the Lakeland one has survived a lot of washes I wouldn't be surprised as they sell pretty good stuff there.

Hmm I've washed it at least 3 times and that doesn't sound a lot for all the stuff I've dropped on it does it :mysmilie_17: I never noticed in the instructions if there were a limited amount of times for washing but I often just get the vanish and a damp cloth to clean spills. It's the dog hair that's very hard to get off without washing. I got the blanket last Christmas have used it loads and it still seems to be going strong.

CC

CC

You really make me laugh CC, how do you get so mucky?

Thanks for all the information. That’s really helpful.

I wonder if the Cozee Home ones can only take a limited number of washes. Did they mention that, I wonder? (Would they?!) Like you, I tend to use mine over clean night-clothes (on clean, bathed me!) so I’ve only washed mine once or twice so far.

Maybe I assumed the smaller items were full-sized throws if they were in the Lidl leaflet so didn’t really look closer. I will now! If you see them in Lidl or Aldi, would you kindly post on the forum just in case I miss it?

Happily. I might forget it's on this thread so if you see one that looks out of place on the Q forum, you'll know what it is.

I love the CH bedding and have bought it from the first ever set. I use it year round as my cottons ar cool initially then get stiff when I've had a sweat. I have no problem rec'ing it to others but Q's crappy aftersales makes me avoid their electricals (and avoid rec'ing them), especially electricals that tend to give up after a few years.

Hmm I've washed it at least 3 times and that doesn't sound a lot for all the stuff I've dropped on it does it :mysmilie_17: I never noticed in the instructions if there were a limited amount of times for washing but I often just get the vanish and a damp cloth to clean spills. It's the dog hair that's very hard to get off without washing. I got the blanket last Christmas have used it loads and it still seems to be going strong.

CC

I'd give in with the dog hair. Give it a quick rolling with a sticky thingy now and then and enjoy the extra warmth :wink:

You really make me laugh CC, how do you get so mucky?

Well I don't know!! Mr CC is very kind and makes me bacon sarnies with brown sauce which drips out the side and then I've got "Wee Bry" who's on my lap all the time trying to sneak some bacon and toast and then in the evening I have my wine and the heated blanket and Bry is tunnelling under the blanket and he makes me spill my wine and and. Yeah, I'm a slob. . . .

Well I don't know!! Mr CC is very kind and makes me bacon sarnies with brown sauce which drips out the side and then I've got "Wee Bry" who's on my lap all the time trying to sneak some bacon and toast and then in the evening I have my wine and the heated blanket and Bry is tunnelling under the blanket and he makes me spill my wine and and. Yeah, I'm a slob. . . .

Wee Bry has good tastes though he's not doing his job very well. Hamby leaves absolutely no evidence of spills. Sauces, beer, cauli stalks(!) absolutely nothing vaguely edible (or lickable - get your mind out of the gutter!) gets left. If I've spilled something on the kitchen floor I have to clean it not because it's spilled but because it's so clean where he's cleaned up puts the rest of the floor to shame.

We have to make sure the lids on the compost bins are secure or the little bugger tries to get at the peelings!

The only evidence of a dog in ours is the hair. No matter how much hoovering gets done there are always tumbleweeds upon tumbleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor within hours.

Wee Bry has good tastes though he's not doing his job very well. Hamby leaves absolutely no evidence of spills. Sauces, beer, cauli stalks(!) absolutely nothing vaguely edible (or lickable - get your mind out of the gutter!) gets left. If I've spilled something on the kitchen floor I have to clean it not because it's spilled but because it's so clean where he's cleaned up puts the rest of the floor to shame.

We have to make sure the lids on the compost bins are secure or the little bugger tries to get at the peelings!

The only evidence of a dog in ours is the hair. No matter how much hoovering gets done there are always tumbleweeds upon tumbleweeds of dog hair rolling across the floor within hours.

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Sooooo glad it's not just me!!! My mum has and has had spaniels - wow, greediest dogs on the entire planet. Liz came to visit us, found Bry's biccies AND ATE THE WHOLE BAG. Mum blamed ME!!!! Why weren't they in a sealed box ?????? Well because my dog is perfect pet compared to your maniac dog mother :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_48:

CC

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Sooooo glad it's not just me!!! My mum has and has had spaniels - wow, greediest dogs on the entire planet. Liz came to visit us, found Bry's biccies AND ATE THE WHOLE BAG. Mum blamed ME!!!! Why weren't they in a sealed box ?????? Well because my dog is perfect pet compared to your maniac dog mother :mysmilie_11::mysmilie_48:

CC

Yep, typical spaniels. I never have to worry about old food left in bowls as they're left sparkling in seconds. I DO have to make sure his treat bin is locked, though. I've gone out to utility and found it rolling on the floor but he hasn't got the tongue/paw dexterity to open a Kilner type closure (yet). I put them in there because SEALED BAGS were just too easy.

The drip trays from my old George Foreman grill mysteriously vanished from the worktop one after the other. Weeks later I found them under the utility room cupboard clean as a whistle. It appears he'd got up on work top and licked them into the next room where they got jammed under cupboard.

I never have to worry about rats getting under bird feeders as he spends hours cleaning up the suet pellets that have dropped.

Spaniels! NEVER expect anything but a wild ride with them :whew::wink:

Latest posts

Back