Cracked Ipad Screen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rentochops

AKA Slinkychops
I am so angry with myself, somehow I've managed to crack my Ipad screen, feel awful as hubbie bought it for me last Christmas. From what I can tell the warranty doesn't cover this and it's pricey to repair.

Will nip into Apple shop tomorrow but does anyone know if I am correct about this or have any advice (besides don't tell hubbie)!

Yours very sad and cross with herself x

hi. can help with this as i had an ipad crack after 10 days. i didn't drop it or bang it but left it to charge overnight and found it cracked the next morning. I phoned apple straight away and explained the problem and made an appt at my local apple store.

I did some research on the internet and it turns out that there can be a problem of the battery overheating and cracking the screen. I explained this to the apple store manager - clearly i was concerned that he would not believe that i hadn't dropped it. However, whilst he claimed to be unaware of this overheating problem he did replace the ipad there and then with a brand new one.

hope you sort it out.

Last edited:
Sadly we only have an Apple re-seller here and it was a bit obvious the damage was caused by me, they can't fix them here, however, I found a company that do fix them, it's costing me £120 - eek - no shopping for me this month :sweat:

Luckily hubbie will never know as I can collect it tomorrow!

I gather that I Pads and I Touches break leave as look at them. My I Touch so far is OK, but DD accidently dropped hers, my brother in law very kindly fixed it for her.

Good luck with getting your I Pad repaired and the repair hidden from hubby.

Latest posts

Back