Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Ben and Jasmine .. some customers on there are rude aren’t they 😆😆the presenters faces say it all 😝

Jasmine is the ultimate pro when doing the show. She doesn't try to be funny, but is empathetic and not in any way shouty, and frankly quite lovely altogether !

Can't take to Ben, never have done. His false laughing and 'matey' ways want to make me push him off a cliff. If he's such a 'successful' interior designer as he professes at the start, then why work on a show like this ?

As for Dani, she too "comes from a property developing family" - where DO they find them ?? she's also a catalogue model (with those never ending legs its hardly surprising).

I like Ben and Jasmine .. some customers on there are rude aren’t they 😆😆the presenters faces say it all 😝
Yes, some seem to expect a mansion for the cost of a pre-fab (if they are old enough to remember pre-fabs !)

Can I say I find the endless Spanish shows so boring! They all look the same I remember a song as a child, little boxes they all look the same. I enjoy the French or Italian shows, the houses/flats have character. Not 20 feet from a pool or the infamous oh look there is the sea, what a view. They are in little villages with history and not just the local chippie. I admit I have never been to Spain, if I ever did, it would be to look around Madrid or Barcelona end of. My idea of hell, stuck in a complex by a pool or having to sit at the beach for hours on end.

As for Craig, he won a competition, got on QVC and still there years later, loads of freebies and no doubt a good paying contract. Then gets a show on CBBCs and keeps QVC now moved to another show travelling free and no doubt well paid again. Hell, I bet we would all love to have his life.
Soon after Freeview first launched, there were a few "quiz" or "competition" programmes - you know the type of thing: find the name of a celebrity hidden in a grid of miscellaneous letters, phone in with the name and you might win a prize. Well, Craig was the host on one of those. Must say that he's better on Q than he was on the quiz programmes. Not caught him on A Place In The Sun yet, but agree with other posters that the frequent use of "you guys" (particularly by Laura Hamilton) make it unwatchable sometimes.

Dani was the worst at ‘you guys’ but maybe this has been pointed out to her as she seems better now? When they present options that seem to fulfil the buyers needs and then they don’t go ahead with anything you can sometimes sense the disappointment/annoyance in the presenters.However some of these buyers are beyond painful, thinking of the Grannies whose only criteria seems to be ‘is it OK for the Grandchildren’.Craig is his usual smarmy self.

Jasmine is the ultimate pro when doing the show. She doesn't try to be funny, but is empathetic and not in any way shouty, and frankly quite lovely altogether !

Can't take to Ben, never have done. His false laughing and 'matey' ways want to make me push him off a cliff. If he's such a 'successful' interior designer as he professes at the start, then why work on a show like this ?

As for Dani, she too "comes from a property developing family" - where DO they find them ?? she's also a catalogue model (with those never ending legs its hardly surprising).
Ahh Ben is lovely .. he used to respond loads on instagram during Covid lockdown .. self effacing .. proper family man .. from what I see of him he’s nice fella .. much nicer than many on those shows
Adores his children and just gives the impression of a lovely fella

Dani was the worst at ‘you guys’ but maybe this has been pointed out to her as she seems better now? When they present options that seem to fulfil the buyers needs and then they don’t go ahead with anything you can sometimes sense the disappointment/annoyance in the presenters.However some of these buyers are beyond painful, thinking of the Grannies whose only criteria seems to be ‘is it OK for the Grandchildren’.Craig is his usual smarmy self.

I notice that too. Its always the grandkids that are the ultimate priority. "too dangerous for the grandkids" , "the pool is too deep for the grandkids" - so is any pool for any child, just supervise them !!!!, "not big enough for when the grandkids come" -, so get the sleeping bags out then. Common sense is not a trait in most of the buyers. I can generally suss out half way through the show whether they're buyers or not.

off on a bit of a tangent here but have just caught sight of Jackie Joseph on ‘Homes under the Hammer’ reviewing a total wreck of a house pointing out an ‘original feature’.Since when was a polystyrene ceiling rose from B&Q classed as an original feature?

Jackie Joseph - the ultimate 'jackie' of all trades and master of bugger all - unless there's a tv appearance and fee involved. Clearly her Agent puts her up for everything - Crafting in Money for Nothing, property experience in Homes Under the Hammer, fashion stylist on QVC.

Never ceases to amaze me how those on the tele change their 'titles' more often than their underwear. Ingrid Tarrant went from wife of Chris, to a fashion stylist and is now a 'broadcaster' (cue laugh). That thick WAG Lizzie Cundy went from being the ex wife of footballer Jason, still a red carpet regular, turns up at every envelope opening and is now giving her opinions on GB News - listed as tv presenter and broadcaster (cue belly laugh).

Latest posts

Back