Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Get the impression that Craig is like the proverbial velvet glove. Eager to please, always smiley and puppy like on the outside, but ambitious and steely as hell on the inside. He must be saving money hand over fist - now he's got his foot in the door for regular 'holidays', and good discounts/freebies on every day life goods. What does he need money for ?

He'll be ok if he doesn't refer to the potential clients as 'GUYS' !! I've written to Channel 4 on occasions to complain that particularly Dani Mackenzie (tall blond, model like) who cannot say a sentence without the words 'you guys'. I know they are presenters, but equally they have to perform like estate agents, and should treat the participants in a professional manner, and saying "you guys" is far from professional. (I use to sell property in Spain, so I have experience)

Jasmine is far and away the best presenter on that show. Laura is a bit too shouty. Ben Hillman tries to be funny and if he was successful at his 'interior design' and 'property developing' why would he be doing a tv show ?, he's also another that uses "guys" a lot. Scarlett also professes to have been in 'property development' which is a tad unbelievable given her age when she started, and her cv show reel doesn't exactly show her knocking walls down.

But still.
I think your message must have hit home because she doesn’t appear to be quite as bad these days, I used to switch off as soon as she appeared.
I like it when the prospective buyers want 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large kitchen and living space for their family of 20, views of the sea, close to shops, bars, budget 65k.Rarely mention heating, much needed in winter!

I can think of 2 reasons why this has finally become the case......

Good luck Craig.
Am not sure what you mean by this?
Am I being thick?!
((I have an idea what you could be implying but hoping I’m wrong)...

I like Jasmine too. I don’t know how much input the presenters have in the properties selected but she secures a good number of sales. Scarlett on the other hand seems to miss the brief quite often. Not keen on Laura, always dressed for a cocktail party. She seems quite false and has a ‘listening pout’. The ‘guys’ thing is noticeable but I still like Dani. Can’t say I’m looking forward to Craig popping up. Just hope he’s not a turn off.
No idea how much (if any!) input the presenters have into searching and choosing properties to show? I suspect very little at all, but I could be wrong!

The presenters all make mention of their background in property development or having lived abroad etc etc, so one would hope they had some input or it would seem a bit pointless.

And you’re quite right, Jasmine does seem to listen to clients more than others and presents properties well.

I smiled at your comment about Laura, whom I cannot stand!
She is always so inappropriately dressed! She’ll be standing on a beach, client barefeet and in maxi dress and she’ll be in heels and formal wear!

Plus she gets really annoyed (aka “the hump”) when the client doesn’t like a property and takes it so personally!

I quite like Dani Menzies too and think she’s better than she was, though I’ve not watched any for a while now.

Somehow I find the “you guys” less annoying in her Scottish accent (?!) and with her cool/casual manner.
At least she’s not passive-agressive like Laura! ;)

Get the impression that Craig is like the proverbial velvet glove. Eager to please, always smiley and puppy like on the outside, but ambitious and steely as hell on the inside. He must be saving money hand over fist - now he's got his foot in the door for regular 'holidays', and good discounts/freebies on every day life goods. What does he need money for ?
Know what you mean about Craig and you could well be right there!
(Not sure why he wouldn’t need money - same could be said for anyone surely?)

I feel the same about Michael - he comes across (tries to!) as friendly and laid back but suspect he’s not at all underneath!

He has filmed them already according to his post on Twitter.
Yes when I was googling for link above about new role Hello “article” quoted said:
“Alongside a series of behind-the-scene snaps, he wrote: "A new month & I have exciting news; After months of secret filming in Spain, France & Barbados I'm thrilled to announce I'm the newest presenter to join the team of experts of @aplaceinthesun.

My debut appearance is January 2022, can't wait to share the sunshine with you."”

I met a lady in Spain who said they did a lot of filming in the areas she lived and worked and they were always filmed in late autumn/early winter and to watch out for locals in winter clothes whilst the UK buyers and presenters were in summer clothes.

Yes, the fact that no one is ever in the swimming pools, a dead give away.

Okay, I find the Spanish ones so boring, every apartment and house looks the same. Prefer the French, Italian and Greek etc more interesting.
Yes the Spanish ones are so often in the same areas (usually tons of British expats) featuring low budget identi-kit apartments in blocks.

The clients rarely speak a word of Spanish and you can just picture them making little attempt to assimilate.
I’m exaggerating and probably being a snob, but have seen a lot like that...
They’re also tedious to watch - and I used to love the show!

My favourites are the French ones - partly because it was my dream and plan to move there - and partly bc I just love the country and the property!
(I do speak excellent French and wouldn’t have gone to open a B&B! 😉).
But there don’t seem to be many of those recently...

Argh! Why does it always end up posting what I write as separate replies to separate people, in one long post?!

Sorry!

I do post them individually, but then come back and see they’re in a “lump”! 😡
It often does this to me - and will often quote a different post to the one I’m trying to reply to, as well (not just on this thread, in general!)

Argh! Why does it always end up posting what I write as separate replies to separate people, in one long post?!

Sorry!

I do post them individually, but then come back and see they’re in a “lump”! 😡
It often does this to me - and will often quote a different post to the one I’m trying to reply to, as well (not just on this thread, in general!)
Because we merge posts when people have not used the multi quote.

Because we merge posts when people have not used the multi quote.
Thanks for replying! 😊

But I don’t know what that means I’m afraid?!
(Excuse my ignorance, but I’m not sure what a “multi quote” is! 😉)

Post #23, I wrote as 3 individual posts to 3 different people.

In each post I pressed reply and it printed the post written by other person, and I just wrote my bit underneath the box?
Then I pressed blue “post reply” box each time...

Did I do that wrong/what is the correct protocol please?
Thank you x

Thanks for replying! 😊

But I don’t know what that means I’m afraid?!
(Excuse my ignorance, but I’m not sure what a “multi quote” is! 😉)

Post #23, I wrote as 3 individual posts to 3 different people.

In each post I pressed reply and it printed the post written by other person, and I just wrote my bit underneath the box?
Then I pressed blue “post reply” box each time...

Did I do that wrong/what is the correct protocol please?
Thank you x
Multi quote is when you press the reply button for each post you are replying to and it puts them into one post.

Ah the expat scene, some nice people but quite a lot we’re down right rude.As through we who were there on holiday were beneath them.You would have thought that they would want to give out info about the area but no.The best and generally friendliest were the Germans.I didn’t speak the language but the friend I was with did.Once they had met you they would be waving from the beach or in the street.Had some great times with them and those we used to meet up with each year.Miss that now.

When I was selling, back in the early 90's, I always advised those who intended to sell up and move to Spain, to retain a place here however small, because although there is a great expat scene on the Costas, invariably one half of the couple can pass away, and it becomes a different lifestyle for the person who's left. A bolthole back in the UK is the escape route.

The friend I wrote about who sold on the show moved full time back in 2016 her husband started a plumbing business. Then her father had a major stroke, so they moved back to help her mum look after him. When he passed a year later her mum then developed dementia, so she stayed here and decided to just sell the apartment in Spain. She now lives back in N.I. full time but bought a holiday apartment in Spain. Her mum passed in early 2019, and she has said she was glad to just move back full time.

We are lucky here in N.I. we can have a UK and an Irish passport, so she is not restricted to only being able to stay in Spain for 90 days a year.

What business is it of yours what he needs money for?

Morning show with Ann and Craig she prompted Craig by saying he’d an announcement to make and congratulating him. So he said he’s the new presenter on the place in the sun. To be shown in the new year, but he’s very much still saying at QVC. Thank you to all for the well wishes.

What business is it of yours what he needs money for?
I didn't say it was "my business" ! But when his grinning fizhog on instagram and on his blog is like the cat that got the cream at his Elemis tsv he got to 'try', or showing the Kelly Hoppen bedding on his bed, or the Peony flaaaar display in his loo, or the endless Yankee candles dotted around his home, and his Ninja kitchen equipment on his worktop, then yes, I'll say again, what does he need money for - oh yes, his bills.

Can’t see him leaving . What about all his freebies? Didn’t he do holiday shows before he joined QVC? I expect he’ll fit his schedule to do both. Win win for Craigie, free holidays and travel, and all his freebies (sorry, samples) from Q.
Knowing how Craig likes his Molton Brown (freebie sets he gets sent and videos himself opening - not that I’m jealous!), he could wear a tee-shirt on air saying “Chiswick via the Canaries, Mykonos and Malta”.

Multi quote is when you press the reply button for each post you are replying to and it puts them into one post.
I did press reply for each post I was replying to?
But my point is I *didn’t* want to have them as one post!

They are replies to separate people on separate points, hence trying to reply individually.
Is there a way to do this please?

Or do you need to leave more time between posts?

Not noticed other people’s posts in big lumps like that much I don’t think?

Maybe it’s bc I tend to post all at once when I’m up and well enough and then crash for hours!

Thanks!
(Incidentally is there a how-to guide for the forum, at all - I’ve never really known how to post links or photos etc officially just guess!!) 😊

I did press reply for each post I was replying to?
But my point is I *didn’t* want to have them as one post!

They are replies to separate people on separate points, hence trying to reply individually.
Is there a way to do this please?

Or do you need to leave more time between posts?

Not noticed other people’s posts in big lumps like that much I don’t think?

Maybe it’s bc I tend to post all at once when I’m up and well enough and then crash for hours!

Thanks!
(Incidentally is there a how-to guide for the forum, at all - I’ve never really known how to post links or photos etc officially just guess!!) 😊
I meant press reply on each post you want to reply to first then the quotes all go into one post, you put your replies in then press the blue post reply button.

We regularly merge posts where people have posted multiple replies within minutes and not used multi quote, it is not just your posts.

Latest posts

Back