Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I meant press reply on each post you want to reply to first then the quotes all go into one post, you put your replies in then press the blue post reply button.

We regularly merge posts where people have posted multiple replies within minutes and not used multi quote, it is not just your posts.
Why do you do that?

I like to give individual replies to different people, but when they are all merged together afterwards it is impossible to know who my replies are to, and which posts I am replying to.

Why do you do that?

I like to give individual replies to different people, but when they are all merged together afterwards it is impossible to know who my replies are to, and which posts I am replying to.
You can click on “Reply“ to a post, type your comments, do a couple of returns to insert a line or two to separate, then click on “Reply“ to another post you want to comment on and add your message below that, etc. That way, it’s clear who you are talking to. However, I don’t like lots of replies in one post either, unless they are very much related, so I tend to do one reply and leave it a while, till some time has elapsed or someone else has posted in the meantime. I think then, your posts won’t be merged. It’s only when they’re all consecutive in a short timeframe? Sazza?

What is a pain is that when someone wants to reply to one of your replies in that multi-post, they automatically re-quote all of your replies to others as well so it’s even more jumbled. The replier either has to embolden the post they are replying to within the quoted bit to clarify or delete the others, but it’s quite easy to mess up if you’re not used to it.

Last edited:
Why do you do that?

Because there is no need for multiple posts by the same person just minutes after the other.
You can click on “Reply“ to a post, type your comments, do a couple of returns to insert a line or two to separate, then click on “Reply“ to another post you want to comment on and add your message below that, etc. That way, it’s clear who you are talking to. However, I don’t like lots of replies in one post either, unless they are very much related, so I tend to do one reply and leave it a while, till some time has elapsed or someone else has posted in the meantime. I think then, your posts won’t be merged. It’s only when they’re all consecutive in a short timeframe? Sazza?
@stratobuddy what Andy has said at beginning of her reply is great explanation of how to do it.

Yes @AndiK usually just when consecutive in short time frame.

Craig gurning away and saying looking forward to sharing the sun with us. Rubbish, he never sent me any sun, not a seashell, let alone a free holiday! He is another one who parades his freebies all over his pad and makes certain we all know he is living an aspirational lifestyle. He comes across as a teddybear but as someone else pointed out, he is probably as hard as steel.

Why do you do that?

I’m still not sure why 😉

And I feel the same as you - think it just ends up muddled and confusing if they’re all merged...

Because there is no need for multiple posts by the same person just minutes after the other.

@stratobuddy what Andy has said at beginning of her reply is great explanation of how to do it.

Yes @AndiK usually just when consecutive in short time frame.

I personally DO think there is a “need“ for multiple separate posts for sake of clarity and especially for subsequent replies etc.

Spacing may help but doesn’t solve the issue..

Also unfortunately I often have no choice but to post a lot all at once when feeling well enough and/or because I need help to post, such as dictating to someone, when I can.

But I realise AndiK approach to posting is preferable! 😉

I’m still not sure why 😉

And I feel the same as you - think it just ends up muddled and confusing if they’re all merged...

I personally DO think there is a “need“ for multiple separate posts for sake of clarity and especially for subsequent replies etc.

Spacing may help but doesn’t solve the issue..

Also unfortunately I often have no choice but to post a lot all at once when feeling well enough and/or because I need help to post, such as dictating to someone, when I can.

But I realise AndiK approach to posting is preferable! 😉
Oh the irony!

Two replies to two different people about merging etc, got merged into one post... 🤨

Thought I had waited in between them too?! Sigh!

I very much doubt it. No-one who has been given freebies are ever going to say how rubbish they are.

If they want to see folk who HAVE paid full price for a house full of 'stuff' bought from QVC over the years, then I'm sure anyone of us on here would do them proud !!! The amount we pay in p & p no doubt offsets the freebies that the company can afford to give away - and then some !

When I've had it said to me in the past, I've replied by saying "the last time I looked I didn't have a pe..s in my pants, so I'm clearly not a 'guy' " that generally does the trick.

Would a group of chaps like being referred to as 'girls', particularly in a pub ? "Hi, girls what would you like to order ? " . Works both ways.

I think because all my relatives are mostly men (not mum and sis obviously) and everyone in the village that goes in the pub is mostly a man, I tend to say "hi guys". I'm not displaying my bra or anything, it's just what I say.

CC

The use of “guys” to mean a group of people - of either/any gender - began in America (of course!) but it’s been over here for years, whether we like it or not! 😉

Sometimes I find it bit annoying, but not because I object to as a female....
The singular “guy” would bother me, but I know “guys” plural is just an informal way to refers to a mixed group.

The phrase “You guys” does grate on me, personally, but only because it sounds so American and sometimes a bit disingenuous...

However, it can be useful and I have to admit I’ve said “hi guys” to address a group of students or even “alright guys?” to a gang of teenaged nieces/nephews! 😜

Ha ha! I can be pretty fakey at times - or is that flakey!

CC
That;s funny! I can be a total flake and I admit to it. Sometimes I just flake out of things and don't always go to events and stuff. I go to things that are important to me or my family, friends etc Anyway, as a joke, Paul bought me a tee shirt that says "sorry I'm late, I didn't want to come". It made me giggle x

Latest posts

Back