Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes SF, sadly the single supplement is not a friend of the solo traveller. Even solo designated holidays load up the prices. I often say it would be cheaper for me to take along a companion on my cruise and pay half her fare and it would STILL be cheaper than me going alone. Crackers.
Ive been on alot of cruises but I went with my sister. Unfortunately she now needs to be pushed in a wheelchair which I havent got the strength to do so my cruising days are over. I have thought of going on my own but Ive got used to a cabin with a balcony whereas I could probably only afford an inside cabin.

Ive often though of doing a solo holiday but Ive never been sure about them but it seems by the comments on here that they are good.

I agree. Same for me. You walk into a house and the vibe is instant. You just know if you can envisage a life there. Which seems odd as it’s the most expensive item you’ll most likely ever purchase but the decision can take less time than it does to purchase a bottle of wine!
Yep, me three! I looked at around 20 places, but actually began to feel it could be "the one" even before I got inside. I had to fight to keep a neutral face and suppress my excitement. I'm still there almost 30 years later. Never regretted buying it.

Ive been on alot of cruises but I went with my sister. Unfortunately she now needs to be pushed in a wheelchair which I havent got the strength to do so my cruising days are over. I have thought of going on my own but Ive got used to a cabin with a balcony whereas I could probably only afford an inside cabin.

Ive often though of doing a solo holiday but Ive never been sure about them but it seems by the comments on here that they are good.
Puffin, my mum lost her husband and went on a few solo holidays. She did enjoy them but said there were far more women than men and on one holiday about 5 ladies were wanting to get to know 1 man. He confided to my mum he was gay and mum had to shelter him for the whole holiday :LOL::LOL: Mum was completely unfazed lol

CC

I’m a solo traveller too, I have been going for years and have made some great friends on the way. I live on my own and don’t fancy going on my Tod. I travel with Friendship Travel mostly but also Solos. I’m off to Antigua in March and Turkey in June. I always have a great time, some people you gel with and some you don’t but the groups are usually big enough to avoid those you don’t have much in common with
I’ve done many organised coach tours and really enjoyed meeting the other passengers - there’s usually other solo travellers to eat with etc. If I’m going on a resort/beach “stay put” holiday I prefer my own company.

I’ve done many organised coach tours and really enjoyed meeting the other passengers - there’s usually other solo travellers to eat with etc. If I’m going on a resort/beach “stay put” holiday I prefer my own company.
I used to holiday alone all the time in my youth and I loved it.

CC

It is great so many more people are going solo on holiday, you no longer feel ‘‘billy no mate’.A friend of mine always says ‘well you can go on your own’ as she couldn’t face it.It is not that someone has waved a magic wand over us it can be a bit daunting at first but once I get on my way that disappears.Of course I have been used to travelling with work and with age I am more confident and outgoing.I do hope this is the year we can begin to have new experiences again.

Puffin, my mum lost her husband and went on a few solo holidays. She did enjoy them but said there were far more women than men and on one holiday about 5 ladies were wanting to get to know 1 man. He confided to my mum he was gay and mum had to shelter him for the whole holiday :LOL::LOL: Mum was completely unfazed lol

CC
I don’t wear ‘I am looking for a man’ hat because I am definitely not!

It is great so many more people are going solo on holiday, you no longer feel ‘‘billy no mate’.A friend of mine always says ‘well you can go on your own’ as she couldn’t face it.It is not that someone has waved a magic wand over us it can be a bit daunting at first but once I get on my way that disappears.Of course I have been used to travelling with work and with age I am more confident and outgoing.I do hope this is the year we can begin to have new experiences again.

My first ever solo holiday (of any kind), was after my husband died - typical isn't it, and I saw an advert for a cruise on the QE2 back in 2007 sailing up the east coast of America and an overnight stay in Quebec. I had the money but it was more the gamble of spending 3 weeks entirely on my own in a totally alien environment. My brother just said "go for it" - I was 58 at the time, and I thought 'what the hell, I can take some books and if nobody talks to me at least I can get lost in reading matter".

I remember being on the quayside at Southampton looking up at the size of this world famous ship, and thinking wow ! Standing in a queue for boarding a lady behind me commented on how she liked my bag. That was it ! we got talking, she was on her own too and suddenly I felt I would be ok.

I saw the lady again, and being a seasoned cruiser she gave me all the pointers of what and what not to do and where to go, which was a godsend. In the end it was the best of holidays, I met other ladies and we met up for drinks and dancing every night, I had time on my own but had company for onshore tours if I wanted. My books were never opened, and this gave me the confidence to do it again, and again and again and again. (y) 😊

Yes you are correct was going to post a reminder Sunday.

***Place In The Sun Monday 17/01
Channel 4 3pm (UK time)***

Diane and John have holidayed on Spain’s Costa Calida for many years and now want to buy their very own property there.
Craig Rowe shows them the five fantastic properties he’s lined up.
For anyone who maybe interested according to the program guide
Craig is in today’s a Pace In The Sun this afternoon at 3pm Channel 4.

They are only presenters, sounds as though they do the searching for properties themselves, especially sitting on the lap tops.They don’t need any ‘previous experience’ in property just as the likes of RL doesn’t need experience in the fashion industry.She will probably tick a few ‘likes’ and the people who know what they are doing get on with the job, she presents the finished article with a few comments as though she is so involved.Do they think we are daft?These presenting have neither the time or experience.

So Craig has worked as an interior designer.
Probably once painted a wall in his flat! Funny how presenters suddenly become experts in whatever they are presenting ( Jackie Joseph springs to mind) isn’t Miceal supposed to be a chocolatier, and a fashion expert?( as well as a renowned interviewer and broadcaster)

Probably once painted a wall in his flat! Funny how presenters suddenly become experts in whatever they are presenting ( Jackie Joseph springs to mind) isn’t Miceal supposed to be a chocolatier, and a fashion expert?( as well as a renowned interviewer and broadcaster)
Very true ! I saw Ingrid Tarrant on GB News recently and she was described as 'author and broadcaster' - I burst out laughing. Amazing how a bit of creative career embellishment can fool people. APITS is probably the worst. Like I've said before Scarlett dresses for the nightclub industry but during her short young life "has developed and refurbished many properties" (how does she find the time ?), Ben is an interior designer and developer of properties - well, clearly cant be making money at it or he would'nt be doing APITS !!! I think Jasmine Harman is the most professional on the show, but even her background is in the health and fitness industry.

The only ones who have any integrity for me is Jonnie Irwin who has spent years in property management and really knows his stuff, and Jules Hudson who is an archaeologist.

‘ Creative career embellishment’ I knew someone once whose CV was nearly as long as ‘War and Peace’, things I would have dismissed as irrelevant were in there is great detail.Surprising how many people do not see through it.

Thanks to this thread I managed to catch it. I thought he was pleasant, listened to the couple and not too pushy. It was a great result for all concerned. I do love this programme and some presenters I like and others less so Laura Hamilton springs to mind. Enjoyed it.
Laura went to the school I was a
Lunchtime lady at … a few years before o was there .. not long after I don’t think … just thought I’d add that 🤣… and did you see that couple with Johnny the other day 😂 they were so miserable but had a laugh at the end .. it was an interesting watch just for that

Latest posts

Back