Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lot of critical comments previously regarding presenters bagging Q and then staying put, year in year out, on the cushy wicket.
At least Craig can’t be linked with the same, as he continues to branch out with further career options.
I think he did a great job, and more so too as it was his first Place In Sun show.
Do hope it bodes well for him for whatever he plans for his future career.
Thanks to this thread I managed to catch it. I thought he was pleasant, listened to the couple and not too pushy. It was a great result for all concerned. I do love this programme and some presenters I like and others less so Laura Hamilton springs to mind. Enjoyed it.

I don't think I've met anyone in real life, male or female, who constantly giggle, as Craig and the woman did. After a while, I found it irritating.

I thought he did well and his presenting style was far more professional than his style on QVC.
QVC is live, but this was filmed, so blunders could be re-filmed, and a lot can be improved in the edit.

I don't think I've met anyone in real life, male or female, who constantly giggle, as Craig and the woman did. After a while, I found it irritating.

QVC is live, but this was filmed, so blunders could be re-filmed, and a lot can be improved in the edit.
I think if I was venturing aboard to buy my dream holiday home I would be happy and giggle. Also if I had secured my dream job away from cold Britain in Autumn, I surely would be very happy surrounded with excited people helping them find their dream home aboard.
Perhaps nerves, but things like that, that don’t make you happy and giggle then that’s really sad, just my opinion.

I said earlier in this post that I actually sold property in Spain for a living, and honestly ? when people signed on the dotted line, er no, they never giggled, but were far more intent on buying furniture.

For anyone thinking of relocating to Spain, I always recommended buying a small property here, even if its a flat. Circumstances change, particularly for a couple. If one partner passes away, then at least the surviving one has the option of returning home, as in some ex-pat areas its very much a couples orientated social life.

Also there is a misconception that presenters on this show 'help' potential buyers to purchase a property. These people are not estate agents, they are what they are - presenters. There are researchers behind the scenes who do all the trawling of agencies to find suitable properties within the price ranges. The promo shots of presenters sat at their laptops supposedly looking for villas and apartments is purely for the camera. In fact knowing how agents have the gift of the gab, I'm surprised that bone fide agents are not used for this programme instead of ex models, and their ilk.

Last edited:
I’m always surprised that the house hunters, who sometimes know next to nothing about the area, can look at five places and say ok we’ll have that one! If I’m just buying shoes I like to look in every shop before deciding!
As for Craig being better, I expect Channel 4 has an experienced production team with a precise brief who get what they need. Let’s face it, most of the place in the sun presenters would probably be appalling on qvc which seems a free for all (if only!). As strato said, live tv is another ball game and the constant drone of sell sell sell must be depressing.

They’re right on the programme when they’ve said that you know within a few minutes whether or not a place is for you. I viewed a few houses that did nothing for me, but when I walked into this one I knew I was going to buy it. I made an offer while still in the property and it was accepted by the vendor straightaway, after the agent rang him. Within minutes, someone else knocked on the door, as they also had an appointment to view it, and the agent had to tell them that it was sold, while I was still sitting in the house. A little embarrassing, but hey ho. 😉

That was obviously in the U.K. because, although I enjoy A Place in the Sun, I wouldn’t want to live abroad.

They’re right on the programme when they’ve said that you know within a few minutes whether or not a place is for you. I viewed a few houses that did nothing for me, but when I walked into this one I knew I was going to buy it. I made an offer while still in the property and it was accepted by the vendor straightaway, after the agent rang him. Within minutes, someone else knocked on the door, as they also had an appointment to view it, and the agent had to tell them that it was sold, while I was still sitting in the house. A little embarrassing, but hey ho. 😉

That was obviously in the U.K. because, although I enjoy A Place in the Sun, I wouldn’t want to live abroad.
I agree. Same for me. You walk into a house and the vibe is instant. You just know if you can envisage a life there. Which seems odd as it’s the most expensive item you’ll most likely ever purchase but the decision can take less time than it does to purchase a bottle of wine!

I thought he did well and his presenting style was far more professional than his style on QVC.
He was it was a good Show.
I agree. I thought he did very well and was very well spoken. I don’t watch this show normally so cannot compare it to many others (was this the Amanda Lamb show? And Jasmine?) but I thought he came over as a very friendly and professional presenter. Well done Craig. I shall have to try and remember to look out for future shows of his to see if he keeps up the standard.

A Place in the Sun star was pole dancer and would 'give kidney' to be on Strictly. This popped up on a Newsfeed.

Hmmmm, I suppose Ore Oduba is his role model. :rolleyes: and see's it as a way of jumping onto the bandwagon of quiz presenters and suchlike so he becomes a 'name'. . Judging by the shower of unknowns that was on a few weeks ago (Rosy aside), then anything's possible. Perhaps his further ambition is to appear on Celebrity Pointless 🤭

Hmmmm, I suppose Ore Oduba is his role model. :rolleyes: and see's it as a way of jumping onto the bandwagon of quiz presenters and suchlike so he becomes a 'name'. . Judging by the shower of unknowns that was on a few weeks ago (Rosy aside), then anything's possible. Perhaps his further ambition is to appear on Celebrity Pointless 🤭
Celebrity Pointless an apt name.🤭🤣

Latest posts

Back