Credit where it's due

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

steve1138

Registered Shopper
I must say I'm both surprised & impressed with IW. A few weeks ago I was doing my usual checking the tv guide to see who's presenting certain shows (I don't bother watching quite a few of the presenters) I happened to check what was on the forthcoming garden show, to my surprise I saw that 2 items were listed as £0.00 & £0.00 for postage. I thought, what the hell & added them to my basket along with the compost I wanted, low & behold a few weeks later the plants arrived. Nice of IW to honour their obvious error

Good to see you were treated well, shame it doesn't happen all the time.

Didn't honour an order of mine for an item of their web site a couple of years ago, part of the item which was displayed on the web site and the email confirmation of the order was missing, they said it was just a misprint on the despatch note, i said it was not a misprint on a dispatch note, it was pictured on your web site (which you had subsequently changed once you realised your mistake), email from yourselves also confirms this missing part should be part of the order. They offered £10 off a future order, considering the missing part according to their presenters (when it's shown on TV) is worth £50 and the missing part was the main deciding reason for buying from IW as I could have got the item without the missing part from Amazon cheaper, to be offered only £10 credit and I have to buy another item to get it, is a terrible way to treat an existing customer. Item returned and loss of future custom to boot.
Which is a shame as they have some decent items at decent prices, but unfortunately that is outweighed by poor customer service and the nonsense spouted by their presenters/guests.

Good to see you were treated well, shame it doesn't happen all the time.

Didn't honour an order of mine for an item of their web site a couple of years ago, part of the item which was displayed on the web site and the email confirmation of the order was missing, they said it was just a misprint on the despatch note, i said it was not a misprint on a dispatch note, it was pictured on your web site (which you had subsequently changed once you realised your mistake), email from yourselves also confirms this missing part should be part of the order. They offered £10 off a future order, considering the missing part according to their presenters (when it's shown on TV) is worth £50 and the missing part was the main deciding reason for buying from IW as I could have got the item without the missing part from Amazon cheaper, to be offered only £10 credit and I have to buy another item to get it, is a terrible way to treat an existing customer. Item returned and loss of future custom to boot.
Which is a shame as they have some decent items at decent prices, but unfortunately that is outweighed by poor customer service and the nonsense spouted by their presenters/guests.

I stopped buying because of their terrible CS. Eventually Trading Standards had to sort out my refund after emails continually being ignored by CS, and I was not going to pay their extortionate premium rate phone charges.

I got tempted a few weeks ago, they had a good deal on wet and forget , I think it was something like £29.0 for two 5lts... after a lot
of waiting and agro they said it had leaked in transit, so although they had the item in stock it had gone up in price and I got nothing, yes I did get my money back but I can't see me being tempted again.

I’ll be completely honest I’m one of the lucky ones who can’t fault IW service, if ever I’ve had a problem I email and it’s sorted in two days. Last week I ordered three tops and only two were in the package (the package was ripped, Hermes courier did apologise because it was his fault it happened ) so I emailed IW, two days later (would’ve been quicker than two days, but working with reduced staff too) they said they’d tell the warehouse to send me another top out and credited my account with £5 for the inconvenience. I bought a halogen once, I thought it was faulty so they told me to keep it and they’d send another, turns out I wasn’t using it properly but they said as they’ve already dispatched the replacement to keep it anyway, I’ve had really cheap (and free) items too. I’ve never had someone’s used item because all returns go to their eBay shop, so I’m a champion of IW as their service has always been great for me, now with free returns it’s even better. With QVC I’ve had awful service in the past waiting weeks for refunds and receiving dirty used items on a regular basis so after twenty years shopping with QVC from day one, I closed my account about six years ago now. Obviously it’s each to their own and we all shop with who we feel suits our needs best so each to their own.

As with QVC the IW presenters are abysmal and full of poop, so only ever shop using the website.

I agree Shopperholic. I know that IW have a very poor reputation, but I've always had good service from them. To be fair, I don't buy a lot from them and very rarely watch their shows, but any small issues I've ever had have always been dealt with pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Back