Curious, has this happened to anyone else

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
Yesterday, I went online to buy the M Asam TSV (ok, was about tea time, had been really busy) anyway, it was showing as sold out

I checked it a few times in the evening, in case any had fallen out of baskets, it was sold out every time

have just looked on QVC's website .... miraculously, its back in stock now but at the £85 price ... no way am I paying it

Its just strange that there was no stock all of last night, and there were no advanced orders, but its in stock now?

I've seen this happen. I think they get say 10,000 units in but plan to sell say 6,000 on TSV price (some single drop, some AD). Leaving the 4,000 for the auto-delivery and some sales here and there.

Think trying to figure out Q will only drive you nuts. I think they intentionally have low numbers of some things to create a sales fever. "oh look, sold out of one colour", but they might have only had 500 of that colour and 3,000 of another colour.

Remember Q are very good at creating a sales frenzy and a want, a need to buy. They have sales targets per item, per show, per day and I get the impression that they are happy when this is achieved, doesn't matter how many customers miss out.

This comes to another soap box of mine. Why congratulate someone for buying something? Can you imagine there be cheerleaders of course with pom poms serenading you in the supermarket for getting a packet of pasta and a tin of chopped tomatoes?

Sorry but I find Q sometimes creates a cult like belief system. I'll take myself off to the nutty farm later. 🤣🙄😊

I've seen this happen. I think they get say 10,000 units in but plan to sell say 6,000 on TSV price (some single drop, some AD). Leaving the 4,000 for the auto-delivery and some sales here and there.

Think trying to figure out Q will only drive you nuts. I think they intentionally have low numbers of some things to create a sales fever. "oh look, sold out of one colour", but they might have only had 500 of that colour and 3,000 of another colour.

Remember Q are very good at creating a sales frenzy and a want, a need to buy. They have sales targets per item, per show, per day and I get the impression that they are happy when this is achieved, doesn't matter how many customers miss out.

This comes to another soap box of mine. Why congratulate someone for buying something? Can you imagine there be cheerleaders of course with pom poms serenading you in the supermarket for getting a packet of pasta and a tin of chopped tomatoes?

Sorry but I find Q sometimes creates a cult like belief system. I'll take myself off to the nutty farm later. 🤣🙄😊
My first reply! I have to agree that being congratulated for buying something just beggars belief, it's not an auction site. I have been a customer for nearly 20 years, and amongst my other bug bears is Jill Frank's stating that SHE only has x number left for sale, SHE does't not own all the stock.... SHE just apparently loves and uses every item she is selling!

The Liz Earle TSV which apparently sold out at 11pm was still available at the full price the next day......
Maybe they didn’t expect to sell so many, so withheld some? Bit odd that something that sells out is still available....

In the past (and no doubt in the future) they’ll say that there are definitely no advanced orders on something and then mysteriously they manage to get some. Clearly a sales tactic which washes over me.

I’m afraid that I no longer believe the spiel that they come out with.

Latest posts

Back