Daily Mail

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the green man

Registered Shopper
I spotted this in the Daily Maily today.

"Spotted flogging Liz Earle beauty products on obscure shopping channel QVC yesterday morning: Education Secretary Michael Gove's wife Sarah Vine.Surely her well-connected hubby could find her a more illustrious berth to practise her estimable broadcasting skills ?"

Oh dear although we have a moan about dear old Q do you think as a shopping channel it could be described as obscure.:smirk:

Hardly "obscure"! Anyway, is her hubby supposed to use his 'connections' to get her "estimable broadcasting skills" shown on some "illustrious berth" like, oh, let's see... Sky News, or something?

I think a look at QVC's sales figures would prove to this dopey journalist that QVC is anything but obscure!

QVC must be one of the biggest shopping channels in the world, if not the biggest. They have a multi billion dollar turnover.

I have to say hello as this is my first post after months of just watching and thoroughly enjoying the banter. Some of you are very honest and that is so refreshing. You have all helped me with my Q addiction and I'm now on the road to recovery, so thank you all. I've now switched my addiction to Q's website to an addiction to yours - and in the nick of time judging by Q's new site.

I just love this forum, you are very open with your views about Q yet when the Daily Rag has a go you all rally round and defend Q. Whatever you may say you obviously are deeply fond of Q :)

they are so two faced on the Daily Bile, didn't they run an article on Trinny and Susannah launching their clothing range on Q and I am sure that this week there was yet another flattering piece of the "youthful" looks of Lulu which mentioned that she flogged her potions on Q and her own website. Readers' comments were not kind about our "Lu"

There's still a certain stigma attached to shopping TV as opposed to Harvey Nicks etc. Nowadays they both sell basically the same stuff (beauty anyway) but it'll always be frowned upon by snobs. Each to their own.

Of course the Daily Mail would slag Sarah Vine off after all she is the Beauty Editor of The Times. That's why she was on QVC!

I have to say hello as this is my first post after months of just watching and thoroughly enjoying the banter. Some of you are very honest and that is so refreshing. You have all helped me with my Q addiction and I'm now on the road to recovery, so thank you all. I've now switched my addiction to Q's website to an addiction to yours - and in the nick of time judging by Q's new site.

I just love this forum, you are very open with your views about Q yet when the Daily Rag has a go you all rally round and defend Q. Whatever you may say you obviously are deeply fond of Q :)

Hi Debra Jane and welcome to the forum!!

You are spot on. We all have a love/hate relationship with QVC. I moan about it on here then my husband says something about 'tat' and I'm jumping to its defence mentioning 'proper' designers such as Kelly Hoppen and Lulu Guinness!!! He he!!

I hope you enjoy your time with us two-faced, fickle bunch!! :D

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Hi Ya!!!

Hello and W-E-L-C-O-M-E DeborahJane! I see Capirossi pipped-me-at-the-post in extending the Welcome. So that's two Hello's from SWales. A wave of da Snarly Paw going YourWay. x Snarly

I bliddy loathe the Daily Facsist and even though I have the free App I hate it's judgemental, "scare the crap out of everyone and blame the foreigners" mentality. Not usually one to defend my shopping habbits on Q-it is, after all nothing more than a department store that happens to sell things I may want to buy. After they did not actually close my QVC account when I asked them to - actually I have realised that if I WATCH less, I spend less. I can repeat purchase my favourites if I want (and take advantage of the genuinely good deals as and when) but save a fortune on things that experience has shown will end up being returned. The result? I am spending less, keeping what I do buy and returning rarely. I have only received one "TV schedule" in the past month, so I no longer know what's coming up anymore.

I loathe snobs. I like what I like. I don't appreciate so called "news" papers calling one of my choices of shops " obscure". What lazy journalism!!!!!

I bliddy loathe the Daily Facsist

I loathe snobs. I like what I like. I don't appreciate so called "news" papers calling one of my choices of shops " obscure". What lazy journalism!!!!!

They have more well stocked phrases than Jilly Halliday! Who is the latest to be pouring their curves into some ill fitting outfit?

Not watching Jilly or Q, hubby has " the ninth gate" on.... Is she wearing something that doesnt suit her again.....?

Before I turn in, just gotta say... Why do people call Jilly and others "curvy" when what they mean is. " overweight"?

It pees me off. I am curvy, in the true sense, meaning my figure is the same shape as Marylin Monroe or Holly Willoughbooby. I am not overweight, but I am not a stick insect either. It is just my shape. Ok, after 2 babies in quick succession, I confess I could do with losing a stone. But please, stop calling every round, dumpy clearly obese person "curvy". I mean no offense to those who need to diet.

Last edited:
I spotted this in the Daily Maily today.

"Spotted flogging Liz Earle beauty products on obscure shopping channel QVC yesterday morning: Education Secretary Michael Gove's wife Sarah Vine.Surely her well-connected hubby could find her a more illustrious berth to practise her estimable broadcasting skills ?"

Oh dear although we have a moan about dear old Q do you think as a shopping channel it could be described as obscure.:smirk:

Dear Daily Mail,

If she wants to and if she enjoys it she can do whatever job she wants. Cleaner, nurse or to the very low of the low, Mail journalist ;-)

Pathetic snobbery. QVC are probably one of very few successful retailers during the recession and gives those unable to get to shops due to illness, disability etc the opportunity to shop risk free from home and to see products demonstrated that they would otherwise miss out on. Like my fellow ST members, I have a pop at QVC at times, but they didn't deserve that pathetic article, neither did Sarah who is just earning an honest living!
Having read their disgraceful, catty account of Holly Valance and Nick Candy's wedding (Alison Boshoff was the 'journalist' responsible), this is just more in the same vein and sadly typical it seems.

Latest posts

Back