Dale talking drivel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Watching Dale this afternoon he seemed to be gabbling and searching for things to say so he came out with some drivel. He said the gold, in my opinion too expensive, hydrangeas were "SEXY". Then he said he liked to have a trio or three of things. Dale pet, three is a trio. I don't think they did the French style armchair any favours with the close ups but it was good for the viewers. You could see what I assume was white glue on the join where the arm met the back and there were rough bits and small holes on the ends of the arms.

I know a lot of people like Dale, but I just find him smarmy as anything, the way he laughs through almost every sentence coming across as totally disingenuous, I know Alison Young has called him "the housewives favourite" but sorry AY he's not this ones.

I can't bear to watch him, smarmy and so false, even patronising at times.

What do you expect from an ex estate agent, surely not modesty and the truth.

Back in the day no doubt To him it was a bijou apartment with potential and an aspirational outlook, to us it was a cupboard with rising damp overlooking a piece of derelict waste ground. Hence why he is ideal for selling all the tat that QVC stock.

Which is why when he's presenting, I take everything that comes out his mouth with a very large pinch of salt.

Last edited:
I don't think he's the brightest button in the box so he will struggle with words at times.

He is smarmy but I don't mind him so much, there are much worse presenters. I couldn't really watch him for long, though. My mum likes him quite a lot. Oh god I've said that so much recently, I've turned into Chloe...

shopperholic, he definitely has double the reasonable amount of smarm permitted in any selly telly presenter IMO! I think he rather loves himself, and what I used to notice (although haven't watched this hour for yonks) was when he did a Charlie Bears hour with Will & Charlie. It used be a bit of a contest between who could preen most - Will or Dale. I think he goes for the blokeish charm, twinkly-eyed, older guy image, which is fair enough, but when he's on he does like to be the main one in the spotlight, and Will very much took 2nd place. D would take great delight in anticipating what Will was going to say, and finish his sentences for him. That used to irritate me - when they have guests on, for Gawd's sake let them say something.

I know a lot of people like Dale, but I just find him smarmy as anything, the way he laughs through almost every sentence coming across as totally disingenuous, I know Alison Young has called him "the housewives favourite" but sorry AY he's not this ones.

No I find him smarmy ughhhh.

shopperholic, he definitely has double the reasonable amount of smarm permitted in any selly telly presenter IMO! I think he rather loves himself, and what I used to notice (although haven't watched this hour for yonks) was when he did a Charlie Bears hour with Will & Charlie. It used be a bit of a contest between who could preen most - Will or Dale. I think he goes for the blokeish charm, twinkly-eyed, older guy image, which is fair enough, but when he's on he does like to be the main one in the spotlight, and Will very much took 2nd place. D would take great delight in anticipating what Will was going to say, and finish his sentences for him. That used to irritate me - when they have guests on, for Gawd's sake let them say something.

Dale and Simon Biagi should walk round with a jar of Branston pickle strapped to their back, after all it's lovely with cheese. :mysmilie_17:

Heck, if he thinks hydrangeas are sexy I've got a garden full of them.....he must be easily pleased.

Watching Dale this afternoon he seemed to be gabbling and searching for things to say so he came out with some drivel. He said the gold, in my opinion too expensive, hydrangeas were "SEXY". Then he said he liked to have a trio or three of things. Dale pet, three is a trio. I don't think they did the French style armchair any favours with the close ups but it was good for the viewers. You could see what I assume was white glue on the join where the arm met the back and there were rough bits and small holes on the ends of the arms.

Cant abide him far to smooth, like DF he has bought iphones cameras ipads imacs, everthing is terrific and that french style armchair looked cheaply made despite him eulogizing over it

I think Dale and Simon attended the same school of charm eerr smarm! :mysmilie_19:

I don't mind the male presenters too much, its the female ones that get on my nerves. Sometimes I wonder if it is the pitch of their voices which makes the difference?

Don't mind Dale, I'd take him any day over the bizarre Simon Biagi - I mean what is that fake voice all about? Talks to everyone as if they're stupid and all that false amazement and false smiles :puke:

Did anyone see Marv on early doors with the Frank Usher lady - will she please (Marv) stop the ****** stupid voices and squeaks. She just sounds like a complete d*ck. I've heard her once present a show in a normal way and she was good - now I don't watch at all.

CC

IMO, I'd have think back a long while to any time I've seen Marv. present professionally: admittedly, I've rarely watched a show all the way through, but every time she's on and I've caught her show she's been doing silly accents and the squeaks like a door that needs oiling. Obviously thinks she's a female Mike Yarwood (that dates me!) doing impressions of someone (who?). She badly needs to relax and try to come over like a grown woman, rather than a teenager. I feel the same watching Marv. as I do about Claire S. who can also come across acting as though she's about 14. It's good to have a bit of humour, but Marv. and Claire S. are not naturally funny or witty.

Don't mind Dale, I'd take him any day over the bizarre Simon Biagi - I mean what is that fake voice all about? Talks to everyone as if they're stupid and all that false amazement and false smiles :puke:

Did anyone see Marv on early doors with the Frank Usher lady - will she please (Marv) stop the ****** stupid voices and squeaks. She just sounds like a complete d*ck. I've heard her once present a show in a normal way and she was good - now I don't watch at all.

CC

Latest posts

Back