Daniel Sandler Cosmetics ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
I was watching the start of the Daniel Sandler show and Jill Franks said she was wearing the make-up and was raving about it. I thought she looked quite good for her!

Being a sucker for trying new make-up (aren't we all?) I jumped to my puter to have a look at the products and reviews - there aren't many that get more than 2 stars - which says it all.

Oh well back to my search for the holy grail of make-up :confused:

I was watching the start of the Daniel Sandler show and Jill Franks said she was wearing the make-up and was raving about it. I thought she looked quite good for her!

Being a sucker for trying new make-up (aren't we all?) I jumped to my puter to have a look at the products and reviews - there aren't many that get more than 2 stars - which says it all.

Oh well back to my search for the holy grail of make-up :confused:[/QUOTE]

Yep I'm like you Rosey, ever on the hunt for the best makeup, best primer etc. I'm currently giving the new Beautifully matte foundation a try from No7 and so far so good, still a bit shiny at end of night but not as bad as with my usual BE! Also trying a No7 primer so that may be helping a bit! I just get so fed up looking for make up that works with my skin type and god knows how much I've spent over the years trying! (dread to think!).
:heartbroke:

I use mainly Smashbox but have been trying a bit of Bobbi Brown stuff recently. Love the BB gel eyeliners they are much better than the Smashbox ones and I just got the shimmer brick - thought it might make me a bit 'shiney' but it doesn't - it just gives a nice healthy glow.

But I always like to try new things.

I watched a little of the show but can't say anything stood out and said buy me. TBH all the celebrity name dropping had me reaching for the remote ASAP.

My friend got the blusher in a bottle that you paint on but she sent it back. She said it dried before you could blend it properly and it ended up looking uneven.

My latest find is the Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion. It's really fab. Your eye shadow goes on evenly and lasts all day without creasing.

Turn to the left for me, darling. Now to the right, darling. Oh darling, you look amazing, darling. Look up for me, darling - now darling look at that, darling, you're hot to trot, darling...

:drunk:

Turn to the left for me, darling. Now to the right, darling. Oh darling, you look amazing, darling. Look up for me, darling - now darling look at that, darling, you're hot to trot, darling...

:drunk:

Sounds like my last date... :giggle:

I got some samples from a DS stockist a while back and they were largely pants. The one thing i do like from his range are his brushes, they are awesome! So soft and well cut and not stupidly expensive.

As for primers, I highly rate the new Cargo silicone free primer. It dries to a semi matte finish so doesn't feel slippy like many other primers which are just loaded with silicone.

Am just trying the Smashbox eyeshadow primer this week, love it so far, even more than UD PP which I usually use. The SB one is thicker and seems to create a smoother base than UD.

My tuppence!!

Tx

best primer etc.:

IMHO Sue Devitt Microquatic Fortifying Primer is brill. I am on my 10th bottle and hope it never gets discontinued. I have tried different ones over the years and all have failed to perform until this gem. I buy from Harvey Nicks now as Q in their infinite wisdom do not stock this item any more and think they are running the brand down. :down: :down: :down: :down: I also have very sensitive skin and love this range of cosmetics, the primer stays fresh all day and my makeup glows and never looks greasy. I have an on the go job and suffer changes of building temps and outdoor duties.

I have a few Sue Devitt items, eye pencils and lipsticks. Lovely quality. I always thought about giving the primer a go but somehow never got round to it, always something else to use up first.

It's a pity they no longer seem to have any SD shows and possibly retiring the brand? SD disappeared from HN Manchester some time ago too.

I think Daniel Sandler's verbal tics are just the adrenaline and nervousness from being on live tv. I actually think he was a lot more relaxed than usual yesterday! :sun:

I was tempted by the lipstick and cream blusher duo, but they didn't demo the colour I fancied so I didn 't buy it. :grin:

I do like the models he has in his demos. I find them all quite relateable for one reason or another.

Sue Devitt is a fab brand too, I love the eyeshadows, mascara, cream blusher and Eye Intensifiers but I really didn't get on with the primer. It felt suffocating on the skin to me. I've never experienced anything like it but I didn't spend too much time pondering the feeling as I was just desperate to get it off of me! :blush:Weird huh?

Sue Devitt is a fab brand too, I love the eyeshadows, mascara, cream blusher and Eye Intensifiers but I really didn't get on with the primer. It felt suffocating on the skin to me. I've never experienced anything like it but I didn't spend too much time pondering the feeling as I was just desperate to get it off of me! :blush:Weird huh?

That's a shame, maybe you used too much, it is economical and spreads well. It lasts me 10 weeks and at £30 it's not cheap but a necessity and it does make my makeup last, over eye area as well. I have combination skin with dry patches on cheeks (52 menop. looming).

That's a shame, maybe you used too much, it is economical and spreads well. It lasts me 10 weeks and at £30 it's not cheap but a necessity and it does make my makeup last, over eye area as well. I have combination skin with dry patches on cheeks (52 menop. looming).

Maybe I did. :sun: I was gutted about it when it happened. I've never felt that way about any product before or since. I simply couldn't bear it on my skin another second. (41, oily, menopause definitely on the horizon!)

I'm glad it works for you though :happy: (and a bit envious! :blush::grin:)

Latest posts

Back